New Parker deadrise?

ultimatejay

Jan 11, 2019
Anaheim
Name
Jarrett Lynch
Boat Name
Cayman 226
I'm in the process of buying a new boat coming up from a 23 center console. I'm narrowing my choices to Parker and even looking at the Judge Chesapeake 27. I keep hearing about Parker making a deep v and a modified v. However if you go the Parker website all the Sport pilot house boats from 23-28ft all have a deadrise of 21 degrees. This would indicate that it is a deep V? Are all the new Parkers considered deep v's or mv's? Also, is there an option anymore to order one either way?

Upvote 0
May 13, 2004
Long Beach and points due west
Name
Bob Ballew
Boat Name
2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
21 is a deep-v. Don't know if they still make a 16 degree hull. There is a wait time currently. Suggest calling the dealer to see what is available and if you can even get a 21 hull within the next 6 months. Engines and parts are backlogged on many brands...

Reactions: ultimatejay
Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat Name
Yes
I'm in the process of buying a new boat coming up from a 23 center console. I'm narrowing my choices to Parker and even looking at the Judge Chesapeake 27. I keep hearing about Parker making a deep v and a modified v. However if you go the Parker website all the Sport pilot house boats from 23-28ft all have a deadrise of 21 degrees. This would indicate that it is a deep V? Are all the new Parkers considered deep v's or mv's? Also, is there an option anymore to order one either way?
Describing a hull as a "Deep V" refers to the sharpness of the bow where it meets the water. A "V" connotes a wedge easily pushing the oncoming waters aside. Any boat whose deadrise at the bow is only 21 degrees won't be very comfortable, even in chop.
In practice, deadrise, on the other hand, refers to the angle of the bottom of the hull, as compared to horizontal. Deadrise is best seen from the stern of the boat, looking forward, while a Deep V is best seen from the bow looking backward. But the two are measuring different things, and the only commonality is the need of a deep v to transition to a flatter hull going aft (typically much flatter, and potentially entirely flat by the time the transom is reach.

I am not aware of any commonly used metric to quantify the sharpness of the bow of a boat (both vertically and horizontally), but that is where you need to look first to evaluate a hull's potential for cutting through waves to minimize bow pitch and slam in heavy seas. Obviously that is just the first consideration and it will quickly become apparent that an evaluation of the length, shape and mass of the hull behind the bow becomes equally important to ride quality.

Upvote 0

ultimatejay

Jan 11, 2019
Anaheim
Name
Jarrett Lynch
Boat Name
Cayman 226
Describing a hull as a "Deep V" refers to the sharpness of the bow where it meets the water. A "V" connotes a wedge easily pushing the oncoming waters aside. Any boat whose deadrise at the bow is only 21 degrees won't be very comfortable, even in chop.
In practice, deadrise, on the other hand, refers to the angle of the bottom of the hull, as compared to horizontal. Deadrise is best seen from the stern of the boat, looking forward, while a Deep V is best seen from the bow looking backward. But the two are measuring different things, and the only commonality is the need of a deep v to transition to a flatter hull going aft (typically much flatter, and potentially entirely flat by the time the transom is reach.

I am not aware of any commonly used metric to quantify the sharpness of the bow of a boat (both vertically and horizontally), but that is where you need to look first to evaluate a hull's potential for cutting through waves to minimize bow pitch and slam in heavy seas. Obviously that is just the first consideration and it will quickly become apparent that an evaluation of the length, shape and mass of the hull behind the bow becomes equally important to ride quality.
Thanks for the reply but you didn't answer any of my questions. All I want to know is if the new Parkers with 21 degree deadrise are deep v or modified v and if they still make both? From what I gather anything from 21-24 degrees is considered deep v and anything from 20-16 is considered a modified V.

Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Name
Rick
Boat Name
Yes
Thanks for the reply but you didn't answer any of my questions. All I want to know is if the new Parkers with 21 degree deadrise are deep v or modified v and if they still make both? From what I gather anything from 21-24 degrees is considered deep v and anything from 20-16 is considered a modified V.
If you read carefully, you will see that I corrected the misconception upon which your questions were premised. Next time, I will know better than to try to help.

Upvote 0

Ifish5920

Jan 17, 2021
Cameron Park, CA.
Name
Andy
Boat Name
Parker 2320
Yes the Parker 21 degree deadrise is considered their deep V. The modified V’s I have seen were mostly 2520’s sold on the east coast. Not sure Parker, or CC now, still offer that hull in the Sport Cabins or not. The modified V was designated by the letters after the model number. 2520XL = modified V. 2520XLD = deep V. I may be wrong but that’s the way I understood it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ultimatejay

Jan 11, 2019
Anaheim
Name
Jarrett Lynch
Boat Name
Cayman 226
Yes the Parker 21 degree deadrise is considered their deep V. The modified V’s I have seen were mostly 2520’s sold on the east coast. Not sure Parker, or CC now, still offer that hull in the Sport Cabins or not. The modified V was designated by the letters after the model number. 2520XL = modified V. 2520XLD = deep V. I may be wrong but that’s the way I understood it
Thank you, thats the answers I was looking for. Thank you very much

Reactions: Ifish5920
Upvote 0

ultimatejay

Jan 11, 2019
Anaheim
Name
Jarrett Lynch
Boat Name
Cayman 226
If you read carefully, you will see that I corrected the misconception upon which your questions were premised. Next time, I will know better than to try to help.
^^^^^^^^ This is how you answer a simple question. If you dont know the answer then dont post.

Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat Name
Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
Why a Parker ? Way better boats out there , all my friends that bought parkers sold them after 1 season and bought Boston Whalers or Blackman fish machines

Upvote 0

ultimatejay

Jan 11, 2019
Anaheim
Name
Jarrett Lynch
Boat Name
Cayman 226
Why a Parker ? Way better boats out there , all my friends that bought parkers sold them after 1 season and bought Boston Whalers or Blackman fish machines
Why are you on a Parker forum then? I'm Looking at all boats, was just asking about what deadrise Parkers use on their new boats and if they offer the MV hull anymore.

Upvote 0

ultimatejay

Jan 11, 2019
Anaheim
Name
Jarrett Lynch
Boat Name
Cayman 226
You have an amazing sense of entitlement. You should go far in the business world.
I dont know how most dealers only work M-F and have Sat and Sunday off. Most people have day jobs and don't have the luxury of just taking a day off from work to go look at boats or get parts. Talking about business sense, they would make 100x more money if they were open on the weekends and had one or two days off during the week. lIke how about closed on Sunday and Monday and then open T- Saturday? Duh!!!!!! Now thats business sense. Every car dealer in the world is open 7 days a week! The whole boat industry is wack! All overpriced crap and if your not tech like me, then good luck trying to get your boat or engine worked on.

Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Name
Rick
Boat Name
Yes
I dont know how most dealers only work M-F and have Sat and Sunday off. Most people have day jobs and don't have the luxury of just taking a day off from work to go look at boats or get parts. Talking about business sense, they would make 100x more money if they were open on the weekends and had one or two days off during the week. lIke how about closed on Sunday and Monday and then open T- Saturday? Duh!!!!!! Now thats business sense. Every car dealer in the world is open 7 days a week! The whole boat industry is wack! All overpriced crap and if your not tech like me, then good luck trying to get your boat or engine worked on.
Let me refine that -- you are an entitled victim.

Upvote 0

ultimatejay

Jan 11, 2019
Anaheim
Name
Jarrett Lynch
Boat Name
Cayman 226
Let me refine that -- you are an entitled victim.
Entitled for what? Because I asked a simple question in a Parker forum about deadrise and your too retarded to answer a simple question? You have done nothing to contribute to this thread. Please go elsewhere. You're entitled to GTFOH

• Haha
Reactions: A-K
Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat Name
Why are you on a Parker forum then? I'm Looking at all boats, was just asking about what deadrise Parkers use on their new boats and if they offer the MV hull anymore.
I'm on the Parker Forum because I can , I'm not going to bash the boats because I think you DESERVE ONE, Parker on buddy

Upvote 0

ultimatejay

Jan 11, 2019
Anaheim
Name
Jarrett Lynch
Boat Name
Cayman 226
I'm on the Parker Forum because I can , I'm not going to bash the boats because I think you DESERVE ONE, Parker on buddy
I never said I am buying a Parker. Just checking them out and getting information on the hull, deadrise, etc. I'm actually leaning more towards Radon first and then Farallon second. Just trying to justify the cost of one of those boats. Man Radon thinks their shit dont stink. Geeeez, have you seen the prices on their new boats????? CRAZY I thought Parker bent people over but Radon takes the cake.

Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat Name
I never said I am buying a Parker. Just checking them out and getting information on the hull, deadrise, etc. I'm actually leaning more towards Radon first and then Farallon second. Just trying to justify the cost of one of those boats. Man Radon thinks their shit dont stink. Geeeez, have you seen the prices on their new boats????? CRAZY I thought Parker bent people over but Radon takes the cake.
Great choice , I had a Parker for a season and I bought a 39 foot Blackman and kept my 30 foot CC

Upvote 0