jcoats01

Jun 1, 2012
Corona/CA/Riverside
Name
Jason
Boat
RoyJohn
Hi Everyone

My wife, 3 little kids and I just bought this Skipjack with an 07 Yanmar 315 Diesel 6LPA-STP. We have a lot of questions, to start with does anyone know where extra parts can be found or ordered for this boat. We are are missing one of the legs to support stern rail. We are also needing all of the belts for the motor, including the timing belt.. wondering what the part numbers are. Any knowledge or advice would be appreciated, we are all very excited!

C21FAAB2-85BA-4C6E-BC02-09D6E4611A51.jpeg

2DD03F7A-5405-4A86-B2F7-CB64D5F99157.jpeg

58FBDB8C-A891-46C9-951F-DC5A0CFA9D5A.jpeg

Reactions: Tunahead

Reel 007

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 12, 2006
Glendora Ca
Name
Leon
Boat
28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
Congratulations, may the wind always be at you back and smooth sea before you.
Can't help with any of your questions, try contacting Skipjacks Boat in Hesperia CA.

Reactions: jcoats01 and kevina
Upvote 0

PacificBlue

Nov 25, 2011
USA
Name
JM
Boat
Still Looking
The boat has great potential, love the look.

The Yanmar looks a bit haggard, maybe get an engine survey by Boatswain Locker to identify all the items that need fixin. This is usually done before you purchase but let’s look forward.

You want to concentrate on the engine first to ensure that you have the most reliable and safest ride for your family. Include a look at the fuel tank, fuel lines, and fuel filters then the steering and drive situation.

Then electronics, then cosmetics, fishing gear and so on.

Upvote 0

SkipTown

Just A Regular Guy
  • Apr 24, 2011
    Newport Beach, CA
    www.interseller.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Skipjack 28
    The 3-kid family and I have been through 25 years of refits and upgrades on our 1978 Flybridge from bow to stern a couple of times. Hit me up some time, stop by the Dunes for a tour. I've made and fixed plenty of mistakes so I know what works and what you're looking at in the future.

Post some interior photos - let's see where you're living at down there too. But I agree with poster Pacific Blue above, get her mechanically sound first before making her too pretty.

Upvote 0