Elitetv1958

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 20, 2005
Las Vegas
Name
Dan
Boat
Music
JMO, but they should let us trade-in the older models that don’t or rarely swim straight. These things are expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shon

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
My inquiry regarding warranty was answered, directing me to contact [email protected] describing issues. Kicker was photos and proof of purchase. Don’t know about you guys, but I don’t have proof of purchase of much of anything. And what about the one given to me as swag on my last trip.

Anyway, maybe somebody who has had these problems should try the email approach, see what happens.

Striker Tackle

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 7, 2017
Venice, La
Name
Jimmy Russel
Boat
29' Seavee
If any has bought Nomad's from us in the past and need proof of purchase just send me a PM and we will send it to you, so you can get replacement Nomad DTX's

Cubeye

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
Fortunately I fish Cabo once or twice a year. I have found that DTX's that do not swim behind a LR boat typically do well behind cruiser.
Makes sense. Less turbulence. That's the way they were tested in the Nomad video.

$norkle

Well-Known "Member"
May 6, 2008
Corvallis,OR
Name
Bruce
Boat
In my dreams!
If you're tying straight to your mono topshot and it's still having trouble, you've got to let it get further out and away from the turbulence. As usual it isn't rocket science.

rickberg

Jul 2, 2009
saratoga ca
Name
rickberg
Boat
17 montauk bostin whaler
For years I’ve been using the Williamson speedpro 180 to good success on bluefin, yellowfin, yellowtail and wahoo. Last trip even caught a chopa!!
I rig it with 181# single strand and change out the hooks to 8/0-9/0 J’s
They track great, owned my troll team last trip and at fifteen bucks each I only have to pretend to cry when I loose one to a shark

rickberg

Jul 2, 2009
saratoga ca
Name
rickberg
Boat
17 montauk bostin whaler
From the picture, it looks like they still have the same LAME barbless inlines.
For almost double the price, you would think they would have provided a bit more of a barb....
I know a Longrange Captian called them about the barbless hooks and they hung up on him

rickberg

Jul 2, 2009
saratoga ca
Name
rickberg
Boat
17 montauk bostin whaler
Man this is going to sound like a really dumb question, but why don't lure makers orient the connection point on the lure so that normal hooks can be used rather than inline hooks? Or could 2 rings be used to re-orient the attachment point for normal hooks?
I use two rings