mattology

Oct 10, 2021
Gulf of America
Name
Matt
Boat Name
Off Critical Path
Hello,

First post, from the Tampa Bay area in Florida. I have seen this site come up in so many of my google searches I thought it would be worth registering.

My name is Matt, I have a Key West 22 foot center console (2220 bluewater) that has a full Furuno electronics suite on it.

I enjoy trolling for Little Tunny and eventually Blackfin if they ever come in close enough for me, as well as bottom fishing for snapper, grouper, and hogfish.

I will likely be about 99.5% thread lurking and 0.5% posting.

Thank you for an excellent resource. Here's a pic of my boat.

nuV9S2N.jpg

Upvote 0

woodfish330

I'm to smart to figure out how to edit this.
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat Name
    Fishead
    Welcome Brother. We hope you being something new....to the "conversation". I have long believed that techniques unique to certain areas (East Coast vs West Coast) .... and fish types can be used on both coasts... if adjusted properly... by a wise and astute angler. Adapting ... always increases possibilities.

Upvote 0

BluefinCurly

Skipper
    Aug 15, 2004
    Central Texas
    Name
    Carl
    Boat Name
    Vagabond, The Last Minute
    Welcome to the mayhem!

I just visited the Tampa area earlier this month for the first time, (Ozona, Dunedin)
    We had a blast. Fished two days inshore for slam fish, and one day offshore for snapper, AJ, etc.

You are lucky to live in such a diverse area for fishing.

Upvote 0

Carpfisher

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
    Jul 3, 2012
    Carpinteria
    Name
    Paul
    Boat Name
    226 Cabo Cuddycon, 16' Bayrunner
    Welcome, I left Tampa in 76'. Egypt Lake Elementary and Lowry Park memories. My old school Italian family , think Salesian Sisters, big in Tampa, still lives in San Antonio.
    I've met lots of good people on this site. Couple have turned out to be lifelong friends. Hope you have the same experience here.

Reactions: woodfish330
    Upvote 0

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
    Apr 27, 2011
    Chula Vista, CA
    Name
    Jon
    Boat Name
    won't b mine
    Welcome to you both! Apologies now for some of our raunchiness! It's the spice that bindes!

Upvote 0