PENN

daweez

Mar 11, 2011
Fullerton, CA
Name
Kevin
Boat
no boat here
I'm booking a trip in mid October and these are the 3 boats with availability. I've fished the lo ann before but only with 17 guys. Assuming these trips will be full loads of 33 or 32 people which would you recommend? I like the lo ann but seems crowded with 32 considering it's size. I'll be taking my 13 year old son on his first tuna trip so customer service is key too. (I know the lo ann is great for this too) thanks for any advice

Upvote 0

sdreefsurf

Sep 1, 2006
San Diego
Name
lance
Boat
1 Day
Haven't fished the Legend...I like the PQ but only fished once and their AC was out but they had portable units. The crew was pretty good. The NLA I've fished a few times and I really like their operation. So, I'd highly recommend the NLA!

Upvote 0

DeepDrop

Jun 12, 2010
Orange County CA USA
Name
Steve
Boat
Any That I Like
As a bow fisherman, I found the extremely wide "China Clipper" rail on the Legend very difficult to fish. On one tuna trip, the deckhand had to stand on the rail to gaff my fish, as he couldn't see the water from the deck.

DD

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
As a bow fisherman, I found the extremely wide "China Clipper" rail on the Legend very difficult to fish. On one tuna trip, the deckhand had to stand on the rail to gaff my fish, as he couldn't see the water from the deck.

DD
the bow of the Legend is A little tough' but no boat is perfect ' the Queen has A few Stateroom's that are cool and the crew was great the 5x I fished with them and took care of my son in the Galley because he is A little picky when it come's too eating'
they made him what ever he wanted 'fished the Lo Ann year's ago on rent rod Charter and they were great' only thing about the Legend I think it would tough fishing for you kid because the Crew was MIA when fighting fish but they were good with the gaff at the end' and you have to tag your own fish most of the time' wide open bite I know it happens
but there was A bunch of time's on my last trip it didn't matter ' more for hard Core fisherman' I think' my 2 cent's
'

Last edited:
Reactions: sdreefsurf
Upvote 0

daweez

Mar 11, 2011
Fullerton, CA
Name
Kevin
Boat
no boat here
Thanks again guys. I booked the nla. I really like the boat and was more curious how it fished with a full load. Just hoping to get my son on his first tuna.

Reactions: wils
Upvote 0

sdreefsurf

Sep 1, 2006
San Diego
Name
lance
Boat
1 Day
Thanks again guys. I booked the nla. I really like the boat and was more curious how it fished with a full load. Just hoping to get my son on his first tuna.

Good choice! I've been on The NLA and Marcos' son was onboard fishing too. I'm sure they will treat your boy well. Just let the deck hands know he's new and just getting into dad's hobby and they will take care of him.

Upvote 0

sdreefsurf

Sep 1, 2006
San Diego
Name
lance
Boat
1 Day
Chuck Taft runs the Legend...

Did you say customer service is important?

Good point....I'd stay away

The pq is a little high out of the water and rolls a little you made a good choice I sure your boy will have a great time good luck

It sits higher but I still had a great time. The Capt. and crew works hard and serves their customers pretty well.

Cha ching, winner winner winner! NLA is a great operation in my opinion!

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Good point....I'd stay away
Chuck is A great Capitan just A little ruff around the edge's

It sits higher but I still had a great time. The Capt. and crew works hard and serves their customers pretty well.

sits high but still is A good fishing platform.

Cha ching, winner winner winner! NLA is a great operation in my opinion!
Mark'as is A fishy dude and good boat.

Upvote 0