dylan Hameister

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 17, 2016
Seal Beach, CA, USA
Name
Dylan Hameister
Boat
The one with blood on the deck
I've got a question... i have been looking a trip to go on in the next couple months and i was wondering if you think it would be worth booking a trip on march 13th. says fishing cortez and clemente. but, I only am on the hunt for some possible tuna and or yellowtail action... its a trip just a couple days before my birthday too. Based off of experience do you think its possible for a trip like this to be good or will it just be bottom fishing you think? just really f*cking eager to get out and fish

dylan Hameister

Dec 17, 2016
Seal Beach, CA, USA
Name
Dylan Hameister
Boat
The one with blood on the deck
or if you know of any somewhat wallet friendly trips within the next 6 months please let me know. looking for a 2-5 day

geebee

My Member is Well-Known
Nov 12, 2016
San Diego
Name
Gee Bee
Boat
Partial to AZTEC - aspiring to INTREPID
NLA is a fishy boat and most likely a good choice for whatever is biting near San Diego - watch counts for any tuna action (if yellowfin bluefin albacore tuna are in the area and biting) - get prebooking information about the size of hot yellowtail bits - a lot of folks don't enjoy killing small rats (1-7 lb baby yellowtail) for sport, but some thrive on it

some say (I say) also watch the moon phases for the ebb and flow of the tuna bite - I've had the best luck a few days before new moon and plan my trips around it (day prior, on full, or day after seems to decrease the bite substantially)

New Lo An fishes Thursday December 5, 2019

Last edited:

Reginald Laranang

Apr 5, 2014
Fort Campbell, Ky
Name
Reginald
Boat
US Army
Probably still winter time stuff, yoyo YT. Tuna start showing up in Spring, but you never know. You can go with historic data or take the chance. You never know what surprises may show up. You may be on that trip that lets the rest of the fleet know where the bite its.

Reactions: RichG

bajapaddyhopper

Jul 14, 2007
Montebello
Name
Sherm
Boat
INDEPENDENCE
Just understand that March is early spring where the water temp is very low and the weather very unpredictable. Is booking a trip so far in advance worth the risk? And why go all the way to SD to fish Cortez or SCI when you live in Seal Beach? Just something to consider.

kzaam1

Nov 7, 2018
San Diego
Name
Kzaam
Boat
Jasmine
I think you have plenty of time to make that decision. You can keep an eye on the boat load for that trip and make that decision later on. Odds are it is not going to fill up anytime soon.

If there are tuna around in March, there's going to be a lot of trips opening up all of sudden and you'll be able to easily get a spot on one of the better boats and maybe even the NLA since in March everyone's mostly still chasing the counts, waiting for the fish counts to take an upward turn.

esgeo

Feb 12, 2015
Tulsa, OK
Name
Eric
Boat
Feelfree Lure 11.5
I’d try to find a trip on the Fortune out of 22nd St. that time of year rather than go south- you will get lots of time fishing and have a chance at YT and maybe WSB.