vipertom1970

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 26, 2015
Inland Empire
Name
tom
Boat
2018 Parker 2320 SL
just got back from 1.5 days on this boat and think the fat lady sang but good luck if you do go.

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Good luck to those who go. Decades ago there were seasons with long periods of only kelp paddy yellows.

Wish there was just one SD sportfishing style boat near me here. Probably be on it right now

So shit house this day with big swell. That's the back of a wave. Not the horizon. There was another boat and it would disappear in the trough. When the boat would roll you would be looking straight down at the ocean. It calmed down as evening came in this pic. Was super gnarly in the morning and afternoon.

1200632_75f22b4729f798fdd4147b95b627fd41~2.jpg

Those are unicorns. WFO unicorn
1200633_c3e0d5bd7a13ad09fd0c5da5284cd466.jpg

woodfish330

Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
GOOD LUCK Andrew......we'll be waiting for your update! Stories of Cow BFT must be accompanied with pictures.....lol. Skipper on The LoAnn....has excellent "tuna" sense. They continue to push the fleet....With great service and crew. If someone can "smell" tuna....it's Marcus. Go get um brother......my wife's calling...lol.

rustman

Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
Laughing.....The "fair weather" fisherman has already stowed his gear for the year. His wife told him...."your done....put your toys away". "It's chilly and wet out there...and your not gonna catch anything but a COLD".

Some of the most incredible tuna fishing I've ever witnessed....came in the most "SHIT HOUSE" weather.

Just saying.....at this late date....."DO or DIE". Just don't whine about it. You knew....and you took a shot. "Victory at Sea"....or the seasons done (for now).

Just don't go meekly!
Be safe out there brothers!
I generally don’t book a trip in the “Late Season” when it’s blowing over 15 knots and showers expected for 2 days. I looked at the weather and saw a perfect opportunity to fish a day before the storms hit and that’s exactly how it worked out.

I am the furthest thing from what you refer to as a fair weather fisherman and most of my friends know I have balls as big as the jolly green giant, but you seem to be a rare breed. Shit is blowing 20+, it’s raining like a crazy and the bite is less that stellar according to my code group. Seems like it’s a perfect opportunity for you to get out and the most incredible day. Oh, make sure you post a report.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Two pages about a trip that might not even leave the dock ?

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
we Fished today. Caught a few. Seems like same conditions. Will take several storms back to back with strong north cold air. These storms don’t hurt. In my humble opinion.

Reactions: Shewillbemine

rustman

Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
we Fished today. Caught a few. Seems like same conditions. Will take several storms back to back with strong north cold air. These storms don’t hurt. In my humble opinion.
You fished Wednesday and caught a few Bluefin Tuna, I think not. You may have caught a few YFT near the knoll.

Last edited:

XPL051v3

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 26, 2017
Deep Blue
www.youtube.com
Name
Andrew
Boat
Backseat Boater
Short report because there isn’t a lot to report. Got back into the harbor just before 6am this morning. Went 240 miles on the trip. We made 5 stops for just only 1 YT (about 20”) that was released. Didn’t see much life during the trip. Spotted a few dolphins, but that was it. The bait we got at the barge was nice and much better than the bait we got at Dana Point a few months ago. Warmest water we found was 64.5. The weather was nice all the trip except for a few hours when we left dock. Looks like I will have to wait until April 2020 to get my tuna fix! Good luck to everyone.

kzaam1

Nov 7, 2018
San Diego
Name
Kzaam
Boat
Jasmine
Short report because there isn’t a lot to report. Got back into the harbor just before 6am this morning. Went 240 miles on the trip. We made 5 stops for just only 1 YT (about 20”) that was released. Didn’t see much life during the trip. Spotted a few dolphins, but that was it. The bait we got at the barge was nice and much better than the bait we got at Dana Point a few months ago. Warmest water we found was 64.5. The weather was nice all the trip except for a few hours when we left dock. Looks like I will have to wait until April 2020 to get my tuna fix! Good luck to everyone.
Did you go south and look for the Yellowfin or were you generally in the area of San Clemente Island looking for the Bluefin?

Thanks for the report!!!

XPL051v3

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 26, 2017
Deep Blue
www.youtube.com
Name
Andrew
Boat
Backseat Boater
Did you go south and look for the Yellowfin or were you generally in the area of San Clemente Island looking for the Bluefin?

Thanks for the report!!!
We were 30 miles SW from Clemente. Went around the butterfly (East and West). Also went and looked around the 60 mile bank. One of the stops captain said he was seeing Skipjack on the ff, but no one home. The crew was great and if I ever fish on a party boat I’d go back out with them.

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
"Captain Adam and the New Lo-An returned from their 1.5 day trip. They caught 20 Yellowfin Tuna that were in the 20 to 40lbs range. They have another 1.5 day trip leaving tonight (Wednesday evening). They have a light load at this time and are a "WILL RUN"."

Reactions: woodfish330

caballo del mar

May 4, 2004
San Diego,CA
Name
Doug
Boat
32' Amato cabin
"Captain Adam and the New Lo-An returned from their 1.5 day trip. They caught 20 Yellowfin Tuna that were in the 20 to 40lbs range. They have another 1.5 day trip leaving tonight (Wednesday evening). They have a light load at this time and are a "WILL RUN"."
This was from the previous trip that returned on the 3rd. They try to fool you by leaving old counts up. The poster said they didn’t catch anything except 1 yellowtail. Wednesday is already past. I don’t think they are talking about next Wednesday.

Reactions: woodfish330

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
This was from the previous trip that returned on the 3rd. They try to fool you by leaving old counts up. The poster said they didn’t catch anything. Wednesday is already past. I don’t think they are talking about next Wednesday.
Ah they got me!