Offshore New Lo-An 1.5 day charter Cortez bank YT and some Tank BFT 8/29-8/31 report

chilidip

• Jul 26, 2006
    North OC
    Name
    David
    Boat
    17' Logic CC
    Nice! Looks like you got on one of the few trips where the master was captaining the boat. Good thing Markus & Drew are busy at 5 Star these days. If those 2 captained full time, they’ll be no BFT for the rest of the fleet 😎

Reactions: slatts
    slatts
    slatts
    Thats hilarious! Yes they are fishy fishy Captains! We were lucky to have them aboard!
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

nickbok

Jun 13, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Nick Bokhoven
    Boat
    Wild goose
    Hell of a trip with everlasting memories! Love the overhead shot of the fish, giving perspective to just how large some of those fish are.
    The 8 year old little sister of the 10 year old showing the size of that 205 lb model.
    The kids had the kite rotation for the dinner hour - 5:20 pm to 6:20 pm. Ten minutes before that second kite fish hit the deck. There were two blowups in the first 10 minutes for my son but they didn’t stick. The rest of the night nothing else on the kite. It would have been epic to see them with a 100+ lb ground in by those two.

D96D0B4B-D702-46DE-ADE6-D706815178D8.jpeg

slatts
    slatts
    They will get theirs very soon I believe!
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Mark C.

Jul 20, 2005
    Murrieta
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    1802 Trophy WA
    The 8 year old little sister of the 10 year old showing the size of that 205 lb model.
    The kids had the kite rotation for the dinner hour - 5:20 pm to 6:20 pm. Ten minutes before that second kite fish hit the deck. There were two blowups in the first 10 minutes for my son but they didn’t stick. The rest of the night nothing else on the kite. It would have been epic to see them with a 100+ lb ground in by those two.

View attachment 1315155
    So awesome! That would’ve been icing on the cake for them to land one as big as them, or even bigger. Keep spending more time with them out on the water and it very well could happen 🤙🏼

Reactions: slatts and nickbok
    Upvote 0

Sciaenops

Nov 23, 2005
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Keith
    Boat
    Aquasport Explorer 225
    Look at the bend in your pops glass rod!! Good on all y’all

Reactions: slatts
    slatts
    slatts
    It was terrifying to watch that rod load up. I kept praying that it wouldnt break. We all were loving the bend!
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0