New Lo An 1.5 day 09/28/13....NLA goes Beast Mode!

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Reel_Fishy, Sep 30, 2013.

1. bloodyloanjorda

bloodyloanjorda tunahotstick

Name:
    jordan
    Boat:
    point loma
    We just put up more trip for November were still catching some bluefin and yellowfin yellow tail limit and dodos

2. bloodyloanjorda

Name:
    jordan
    Boat:
    point loma
    We bleed every fist by cutting the main Artery we have an RSB refrigerated spray brine. We brain every tuna too

3. Can't Parker

Can't Parker Me

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    2530 Parker
    These got caught some real nice... fish. Q- Do you have a photo of the tool and brain spike action and where do you cut them? Last the RSB, I am a private boater, I hear you can add 1/3 salt water to your ice and get a big improvement.
    Correct yes/no?

4. captainelfshoe

captainelfshoe Newbie

Name:
    thomas
    Boat:
    parker 2120
    nice report bro

5. zman91

zman91 Member

Name:
    Some guy
    Boat:
    yak

You can use anything sharp for a spike. A long nail or bolt grinded down and sharpened with some kind of a handle works really good. I use my needle noose pliers work or the back of my cutters, which are grinded down to metal. You stick the spike slightly off center of centerline between the eyes on top of the head, the tuna will open its mouth and wiggle when you hit the right spot and then it will cease all movement afterward. Let them bled on deck for 10 minutes before iceing them.

Adding saltwater to your ice will lower the freezing tempature and submerge the entire fish which will result in a better product, it will also keep your fish from curling up. To bled you can either just clip a gill, or make a cut about 2 inches deep in the area just behind the gill plate, kinda of on the belly. You can also shove a hose down the tuna's mouth and "gut wash" them. Filet them as soon as you can, bag them in ziplocks and force all the air out by putting the bag up to the zipper under water.

6. bloodyloanjorda

Name:
    jordan
    Boat:
    point loma
    Zane we have room it's open party check out the success down in potro viarta if your intrested in going big tuna time

7. bloodyloanjorda

Name:
    jordan
    Boat:
    point loma
    Ill also post a pick of a spike and where to spike when I get the next one ill try to post a video

8. Can't Parker

Can't Parker Me

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    2530 Parker
    Captureb.jpg Theres a website called Ike Jime

Capture.jpg

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  9. bloodyloanjorda

Name:
    jordan
    Boat:
    point loma
    Every tuna is bleed and brained Markis wants sushi quality fish where put into an RSB (refrigerated spray brine) its the best style fish hold we take care of every fish like there our own