New Lame-Anne

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by hookfoot, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reel hip

Reel hip Meet my "Well known Member"

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    25ft Skipjack fly
    What if he didn't charge in on the paddy but approached it slowly. Even if he asked? Would it make things better. This board is full of "he poached my paddy" post's. Is this worse because it was a sportboat? They know better! We all know better! But poaching happens daily.

2. fish_guts

fish_guts Member

Name:
    Dominic
    Boat:
    22.5 foot searay center console
    were
    were you on the boat? yeah you weren't.. so what do you know?

I don't think he was making it up I was there and didn't hear the deckhands yelling anything.

If u weren't there then you cant say shit.

3. CaptJgray

CaptJgray I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Jeff Gray
    Boat:
    hell no....
    How come the other pb'er on the paddy wasn't ridiculed? didn't he basically do the same exact thing yet not have the fire power to pull the fish from you?

even if he had asked and set up away from the kelp it wouldn't have mattered. any one with any salt on the tank can pull fish from a long ways away. its pretty fun to watch if you know what your looking for….

26grumpy likes this.
  4. fish_guts

fish_guts Member

Name:
    Dominic
    Boat:
    22.5 foot searay center console
    this is a fishing website right? or did it change?

I would expect some fisherman from a fishing website to be on a fishing boat, fishing.. ??

No?

and they gave you a sticker? has showing it given you any discounts? prob not with the amount of crybabies on here.

5. Paddyman1

Paddyman1 I love pangas

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    N/A
  6. makairaa

makairaa I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat:
    17 starcraft
    Sounds like a typical response from a non boat owner. Its pretty easy to sit back and judge when all you do is sit around waiting for someone else to find you fish.

badpetedave and calisnowhunter like this.
  7. Bondrvr

Bondrvr GOT A CUSTOM ROD FOR MY WIFE,,,,GREAT TRADE

Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    '99 Albemarle 280XF- Bubba Jean 28; Livingston LV-14 -BABY J
    I'm getting a headache........

8. rmojica33

rmojica33 Member

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    none

OOOOOOOOO, GOT YOU WITH THE FREEZER BURN!

deskjet1120 and fish_guts like this.
  9. 26grumpy

26grumpy who hooked who

Name:
    Joe
    Boat:
    Freefrom Boats Club
    Yes that would be completely different.

I have no issues with any boat properly lining up in the drift, I get pumped up when I see other guys around me get bit. I can't think of a cooler scene that 15 boats and skiffs all hootin' and hollerin' and folks cheering each other on. I have been in that scene sooo many times that it is now my expectation. If it isn't going down this way I drive off to find my own. I don't yell or get on the radio because people are fucking crazy, you never know who you're dealing with.

There's more than one spot on a paddy or structure. If the "A" spot is taken work the "B" spot or cdefg...have a plan, test your skills and treat others like you want to be treated. It isn't that hard.

If you can't or don't think to do this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ then you certainly don't belong behind the helm of any fishing trip.

This is how it's supposed to happen....

10. MikeyLikesIt

MikeyLikesIt did you say F I S H I N G ???

Name:
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat:
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
  11. 26grumpy

26grumpy who hooked who

Name:
    Joe
    Boat:
    Freefrom Boats Club
    About 45 minutes of awesome fishing later, Dana Pride showed up bow first on the paddy. He spun the wheel and reversed to perpendicular to the drift and was now stern 20' from the paddy. Nice. We were still getting bit while the SB was untangling the knitting class at the stern. A couple minutes later I hook a Marlin on 25#. Off it goes jumping and running right at said SB. All I could see is the marlin wrapping the 70 lines in the water and losing my position in the drift. I thumbed the spool and on it's last jump 20' from 70 lines from hell my floro leader snaps.

The boob in the wheelhouse drifted off the paddy, fired up the main and drove off.

After an hour the paddy re-bit. I pulled 7 dorado and hooked/long-released another marlin off that paddy after Delusional Pride left the scene. The guy cheering in the background of my video got U.S. limits of Dorado and the other skiffs did great.

And many may wonder why pb'ers struggle with sport boats, go figure.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    badpetedave likes this.
  12. Reel hip

Reel hip Meet my "Well known Member"

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Nice video by the way! Fishing solo is great and rewarding! But can be trying too!

I think all pb's have had problems with sport boats over the course of the years. Hell I've had kids hooked up on yellows years back while anchored and had a sportboat charge in and anchor up sawing one off on their anchor line.

Fishing is fun and should stay that way. Courtesy is just that. Extend it to all. It won't always happen but I thought I would say it anyway!

calisnowhunter likes this.
  13. Jigslinger

Jigslinger Fishing is an incurable disease

Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
    You make it sound like there's something wrong with fishing on sporties. I, for one, much rather fish sporties than a private boat where I know there's so much more involve than just buying a ticket and enjoying a quick escape from the daily grind. Yeah...it's very easy for me to chill with a beer while the crew find fish for me to kill. That's why I pay the ever increasing prices. Others like the responsibility of fishing their own boats and that's fine. To each their own. If everyone shares your view there wouldn't be a great fishing industry in Southern California.

As for this topic...the NLA is my favorite boat by far. No one is perfect and this incident wouldn't keep me off.

daweez and FiShKiLLer619 like this.
  14. makairaa

Name:
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat:
    17 starcraft
    Wouldn't keep me off either, nla is one of the best in the fleet. I just think courtesy goes both ways. You say a sporty did something wrong on this site and people get butt hurt like someone did something to their sister. And the usual excuse is that they are making a living at it or people are paying good money, as if the private does not pay to fish on his boat. I will give you for every 1 party boat offense there probably are 50 private boat offenses, but 2 wrongs do not make a right. So quit defending his behavior

15. makairaa

Name:
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat:
    17 starcraft
    This is how spoiled we are this season. There is a 400 lb class blue marlin headed for the scale in avalon and we are bitching about a party boat poaching a patty

16. peteking

peteking Everybody take a look at the bad guy-T. Montana

Name:
    Pete King
    Boat:
    Ohana
  17. Rimack

Rimack Old School

Name:
    gary
    Boat:
    Nope
    ^^^^^ that's goddamn funny shit right there ^^^^^LMAO

18. bmachale

bmachale Bob MacHale

Name:
    Bob MacHale
    Boat:
    SeaSwirl Striper 21 Richard M
    No really. I think that this just kind of explains it all. There is not a need for any other attack on the sport boats. Their OWN idiotic justification and excuses for bad behavior kind of sums it up without any body else saying a thing.

What a dick

19. Raimond

Raimond Not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine...

Name:
    Ray
    Boat:
    23' IMP Hardtop - "4 Reel"
    It just seams odd to me that there were so many BD members on the NLA that day and are posting about the trip.
    I have several BD stickers and I do get discounts...
    I believe this thread is loaded with BS after page one...
    There are a few Drama Ho's here, as there are on any site, enjoy the attention fish-guts...

20. hanapah

hanapah Member

Name:
    Bill
    Boat:
    216 Cabo CC
    OK now everybody get over it ,we all know PDs and Sport boats don't get along ,.In most cases one is in the wrong. It really does not matter which one it is. On rare occasion they get along, but mostly not. So get over it and finish the season on a high note.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.