Offshore New Lame-Anne

PENN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raimond

Not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine...
Mar 9, 2014
SoCal
Name
Ray
Boat
23' IMP Hardtop - "4 Reel"
Great, I will have the IMP on the water by then. Both motors are installed now, electronics are next.
Semper Fi

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
If the name of the boat had been El Desperado it probably would never had made a ripple on here.These actions would have been befitting for a boat named El Desperado in my own personal opininion.

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
I've waved in so many sporties over the years and still will. I look at it as building karma.

That said I've only had one skipper, Brian Wooley on Sum Fun out of Dana Point, not move in and park just feet away from a paddy. Every other interaction I've had with sport boats has been negative and I've had many over 30 years as a pb'er.

I can understand why they turn in to assholes having to deal with the public everyday, I totally get that. Fishermen are clearly a nightmare to deal with as noted in many BD posts over the years. It's a tough crowd that at times requires a tough attitude so as to maintain control over the extreme jack-wagons and drunks.

Could you Captains please show some respect and just get in the drift like the rest of us. It makes no sense to crash a paddy when typically the better grade fish are off the paddy.

More times than not the group of pb'ers I fish with DO out-fish the sport boats on a fish per rod basis. The SB's lose 25% or more of their hook-ups due to angler failure, we lose very few fish. It's not hard to get better numbers on a PB.

I don't always crash paddies, but when I do, I cleanse my guilt by announcing it over the P.A.

Reactions: OnoEric
Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Wow,since when is "generic" a slur LOL

Alien1:damn,this planet is sooo generic.

Alien2:I agree,nothing but dickwads.

Upvote 0

shyliner81

Oct 10, 2013
United States
Name
phillip
Boat
the626
In regards to the comments that the deckhands said, I guess there were passengers up top in the tower who made those comments then? Because that's where they came from.

lmao.. I was bitter? That right there is hilarious. I had a fun time with losing the jackpot fish by a couple of ounces. I guess you missed the part when I hooked up with that "almost jackpot" dorado, which was caught on THAT LAST STOP where I was going to hand it off to little man Trent, who was out on the ocean for his first time and hadn't caught a fish yet, but his dad Cameron hooked up simultaneously, so his dad handed it off to him.

As for me standing there, on the wrong side of the boat, perhaps it never occurred to you that I may have had a jig on? Just maybe, perhaps?

I guess I'm so generic and don't know what I'm doing that this entire freezer of processed fish was just a fluke...

Lol.. I just call it as I see it bro..

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
I heard on 72 the NLO raped the paddy of all the piecost, dicfer, henweigh, and boobie doo's...but left the Dodo biting for the BP'ers?

Upvote 0

dorado50

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 5, 2006
San Diego
Name
DAVID
Boat
BERTRAM / EDGEWATER
Tell me how big of assholes sport boat capts. are when your 50 miles off the beach and you start taking water .

Don't be a dumbass.......its maritime law to assist any boat in distress no matter what the circumstances.

Upvote 0

prater

Almost A Member
Oct 16, 2007
lake havasu city, AZ
Name
michael
Boat
luhrs 30 open, "Arms Wide Open"
Don't see any eyewitnesses disputing the only significant alleged fact presented, i.e., the NLA poached the paddy. Take that fact and make of it what you will. Seems the NLA has built up some good Karma in the past. Maybe this'll just be chalked up to uncharacteristic behavior and eventually forgiven and then forgotten.

Upvote 0

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
WORKING ON IT.
Upvote 0

fish_guts

Nov 17, 2008
Diamond bar Ca, USA
Name
Dominic
Boat
22.5 foot searay center console SOLD
I was on the new lo an also. And I've seen many pb's roll up on a paddy and what's the big deal anyway. Its not like we stayed for an houor like the boat got 2 feet from it. I've seen plenty of boaters ruin paddys by driving over it. And I didn't see u guys bent at all so u should be glad we woke up the bite for u.

Flame away if u want. Fkn crybabies. If u couldn't get 2 dorado off the paddy then u we're doing something wrong. Shit was wide open when we got there. Bait hit the water and I was on,

And also I didn't hear the deckhands say or yell anything. Not sure where delta Mike heard that. Or why he would bring that up. I didn't hear them say shit.

We got there stayed for less than 10 mins and we were out. Left it for the pbrs to stare at since I guess they couldn't get it done. And catch their 2 dorado limit. Guess u guys had to park there for 2 hours to limit out?

Upvote 0

Shark Meat

Diehard/Determined CAPT
Apr 5, 2006
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
Wow NOT COOL!

Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Amazing what grown men (being generous here) will do over a couple blade dorado. Sliding into a paddy with other boats on it is like sloppy seconds or thirds: just don't go there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
west coast
Name
mike
Boat
a fish killing center console
In regards to the comments that the deckhands said, I guess there were passengers up top in the tower who made those comments then? Because that's where they came from.

lmao.. I was bitter? That right there is hilarious. I had a fun time with losing the jackpot fish by a couple of ounces. I guess you missed the part when I hooked up with that "almost jackpot" dorado, which was caught on THAT LAST STOP where I was going to hand it off to little man Trent, who was out on the ocean for his first time and hadn't caught a fish yet, but his dad Cameron hooked up simultaneously, so his dad handed it off to him.

As for me standing there, on the wrong side of the boat, perhaps it never occurred to you that I may have had a jig on? Just maybe, perhaps?

I guess I'm so generic and don't know what I'm doing that this entire freezer of processed fish was just a fluke...

20141012_183337.jpg

You mad bro?

Lol!!! Thats so awesome! And the freezer too!

Upvote 0

capnjackv

Jan 13, 2006
San Diego, San Pedro
Name
Jack
Boat
Viking 57,Hatteras 52, Viking 65, Proline 27

20141012_183337.jpg

You mad bro?
Looks like you really need more fish in there.

Upvote 0

Raimond

Not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine...
Mar 9, 2014
SoCal
Name
Ray
Boat
23' IMP Hardtop - "4 Reel"
I was on the new lo an also. And I've seen many pb's roll up on a paddy and what's the big deal anyway. Its not like we stayed for an houor like the boat got 2 feet from it. I've seen plenty of boaters ruin paddys by driving over it. And I didn't see u guys bent at all so u should be glad we woke up the bite for u.

Flame away if u want. Fkn crybabies. If u couldn't get 2 dorado off the paddy then u we're doing something wrong. Shit was wide open when we got there. Bait hit the water and I was on,

And also I didn't hear the deckhands say or yell anything. Not sure where delta Mike heard that. Or why he would bring that up. I didn't hear them say shit.

We got there stayed for less than 10 mins and we were out. Left it for the pbrs to stare at since I guess they couldn't get it done. And catch their 2 dorado limit. Guess u guys had to park there for 2 hours to limit out?

Damn, another member on the infamous NLA? Was there a discount for showing your BD sticker?

Reactions: BloodyL
Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
SeaVee 340Z
You guys sound like a bunch of girls.

A sporty was desperate and poached your paddy. Big F'n deal.

I've seen sporties act like aholes, but I've seen 50 to 1 private boats without a clue absolutely f' up a sporties day, stop after stop.

Could it have been handled better? Absolutely.

Is it the end of the world? Far from it.

The NLA is known for running a solid program. Everyone has bad days. Move on.

Be glad there's still some great fishing in Mid Oct and go enjoy it.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC

Pure lame response!!!

Doesn't matter if they were scratching a bite or not....... that move was pure BS and nothing more than a desperation move, and completely wrong....... even the captain himself knew it before he did it.

You guys that seem to think this was ok and cool must also think it's ok to hammer in on a guy who is baiting a fining swordie or sleeper marlin too? I got news for ya...... it's not cool at all!

You guys also think that the guy is making up the story of the deckhands yelling F-Us and other crap to the privates as they were leaving......... really? I mean c'mon now, there have already been like three accounts of this. If you want to defend these guys then fine, you're entitled to that, but don't stoop so low that you are trying to defend something that appears to be pretty blatantly done and heard by more than just one, because that just makes your argument all the weaker.

It's a shame that so many guys have not been taught the proper etiquette of offshore fishing. Like so many other things, it's becoming a lost practice. This new generation seems to think everything is owed to them...... me, me, me.

I'm pretty sure the NLA is overall a great boat, but they screwed the pooch, had a brain fart and F'd this one up by pulling a classless move.

It's good to know that there are some guys who when aboard these boats have the balls and are not afraid to speak up when they see a sportie they are on doing something wrong. Props to you guys who had the balls to speak up!

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

boxofrain

The lure of failure is irresistible
Jul 6, 2007
san Juan Capistrano
Name
Ed Schmitt
Boat
Robalo 25 foot "Fishfinder"
Right on. Looks like NLA got caught red-handed while demonstrating nakedly bad manners, but has a good reputation that can be bled off to cushion the blow. The justifications offered by NLA supporters are some of the worst arguments I have ever read, but thank goodness they are out there rescuing PBer's. That is probably what they were trying to do with you guys when they saw that paddy about to engulf you.

Reactions: calisnowhunter
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.