New lake colored baits

Discussion in 'Home Built Fishing Lures' started by Big Pancho, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Big Pancho

Big Pancho Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Frank Ochoa
    Boat:
    21' Seaswirl Striper
    Hello gang been sometime since I posted anything. But got on some new carving the other day. Here are the first of the three new carving that just came to life this evening. I really got a good feeling these will get some attention. I have been trying to taking a little extra time on the details on the baits and am pretty happy the way these turned out. Let me know what you think. The other two baits will soon follow. I got some work ahead of me to make a couple new lead hook inserts for the two smaller baits. I will try to shoot a little video to show you the swimming action of the larger lure. It's size is 7 and 3/4 inches. Its am oddball size for a reason so it can be different than any bait out there also I am applying lessons learned from the last couple of trips having a few fish short bite my larger baits. Here are a few pictures of the new baits. Stay tuned in for the completion of the other two baits. Till next time gang.

BP

Attached Files:

2. el capo

el capo Member

Name:
    miguel
    Boat:
    none
    Very very nice Frank. Did you ever find that little plug I gave you?

3. Big Pancho

Name:
    Frank Ochoa
    Boat:
    21' Seaswirl Striper
    Capo thanks bro for the nice comment on the baits. And I did find the little bait you gave me. I will try to give it a silicone bait this week and shoot up some finished pours. Pretty soon we will need to go try these out on some checkers.

BP

4. Gaji Lures

Gaji Lures Member

Name:
    Allan
    AWESOME Job Bruddah Frank! I think you should repost the thread and video you did a while back, of these swimmers doing the breast stroke in the pool! That was a great video that shows the lifelike movements of your swim baits!

I think the next time you hear from me, it will be from the "808" Aloha Brah, thanks for trying to help me relocate to Oregon but, Hawaii has already made the offer to my wife and she has accepted!

5. Big Pancho

Name:
    Frank Ochoa
    Boat:
    21' Seaswirl Striper
    Brah thats good news. Go with the flow brah and if it is home where the lord places you than it is a plus. You mentioned something about not learning and did not have enough time away from home maybe to hash out a few things. But let me tell you brah the time you were away from home you have learned plenty. These trails that the lord puts us though can only make us stronger. He does these things to us for his own reasons. Maybe its to keep us in check. You stay strong in your faith and always keep that positive attitude and the lord will continue blessing you and your ohana. Now I am going to have to save up to come seeya in Hawaii and do some fishing. I am yet to catch a fish on your wonderful gems and need a picture for the album and some time away from Da mainland will do me and Debbie some good. You take care brah and God Bless. Tell sistah Gail that you guys are always in my prayers.

Bruddah Pancho

6. j3dgu

j3dgu Newbie

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Whaler 190, 130
    The detail in your softbaits is incredible BP, Great work as always.

7. Big Pancho

Name:
    Frank Ochoa
    Boat:
    21' Seaswirl Striper
    Thank you John the baits are getting better looking with time. Now a few of these poured up in some saltwater colors and it is going to be game on!! I can't wait to chuck a few of these out on the saltwater critters. We will see how long they last after being chewed up with fish with teeth. I am also trying out some harder plastic to make them more durable. Thanks again John for the nice compliment on my baits. Wait to you see the next one. It also is loaded with details and will be completed hopefully by the end of the week.

Frank

8. el capo

el capo Member

Name:
    miguel
    Boat:
    none
    They are biting good down here in a few areas right now.

9. jarredondo684

jarredondo684 Newbie

Name:
    Joe A
    Nice baits as always Frank! They maould work on inshore fish on the Gulf coast like redfish and speckled trout.

10. snapper27

snapper27 Newbie

Name:
    james
    Boat:
    hot shot 26 pro cat
    man thos r awsome thos would work great in florida for snook where can i get them or how do i make them no one does that here thanks

11. wombatV

wombatV Newbie

Name:
    lambert Woo
    Boat:
    WombatV/185 Edgewater
    Nice work !

Whats the trick to pour plastic so evenly. Haven't done much plastic stuff except for doing some simple scampi pours from recycled plastic. I ended up burning most of it up...even with the microwave they got overcooked.

12. okie man

okie man Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    kerry way
    Boat:
    18' javalin
    a dozen of the smallest in sexy shad would sweet!

13. makohunterz

makohunterz I'm that one guy

Name:
    markis
    Boat:
    eventually gonna get one named "MakoHunterz"
    damn one of those in a smelt color would kill a big halibut

14. Big Pancho

Name:
    Frank Ochoa
    Boat:
    21' Seaswirl Striper
    Capo set up the trip I'm down for a sw trip right about now. Let me know

Pancho

15. el capo

el capo Member

Name:
    miguel
    Boat:
    none
    My extra room is open as of today, fish are starting to bite now that the water is warming back up. I will figure it out. By the way I will have to post a photo of your baits on the new warheads, they look sick!

16. Big Pancho

Name:
    Frank Ochoa
    Boat:
    21' Seaswirl Striper
    Lambert the key is to keep messing around with the plastic until you get a right constancy. I use jig plastic for all of my baits. Your going to find out that the more heat you apply the darker the colors will come out. The key for doing light colors will be to pour these first. If you reheat the light colors they will change. I have been messing around with heat stabilizers, thinners, hardeners, I quess its like everything else practice, practice, practice,

BP

17. wombatV

wombatV Newbie

Name:
    lambert Woo
    Boat:
    WombatV/185 Edgewater
    yes, it aint that easy to pour plastic. takes some
    skill, mechanical aptitude and a lot of practice.