New Jersey Bluefin Tuna, Dec 21st 2016

Discussion in 'Anywhere Fishing Reports' started by sami G, Dec 24, 2016.

1. sami G

sami G Member

Name:
    Sami Ghandour
    Boat:
    whatever get me out there
    6:30 AM, breaking a thin layer of ice from that little creek with a water temperature reading 34 degree and a surface air temperature 23 degree, it was cold but the expectation is high.

The weather was not that encouraging which means less boat traffic and more pods to choose from.

It was exactly what we expected and on the first cast of the day Garry got tight. My lure got ignited on a fish that did not commit. The fish took a Daiwa Dorado Slider in sinking version and Garry had it to boat side after 10 minutes which we decided to release to boat side. It was the beginning of our day and we knew we were going to have many other shots.

Moved in to another pod and this time Andy got tight on a Strategic Angler lure which inhaled the lure so we decided to take it - a nice fish that measured 53 inch.

At certain time the fish was working in circle, so waiting for them to come to us was not a bad idea and gave us multiple shots at them.

I casted to a feeding pod and ease down on my retrieve and sure enough my lure got ignited on the pause. Happy to get another fish on the El Maestro 82M prototype matched with a 14mm Prototype Moutoukenmaru which we released as well. Now 3/3 and all anglers on board scored and landed a fish! It was really the ultimate to see a smile on every angler on board knowing that it was very hard to accomplish that task and especially in Jersey water.

The pods were so thick that we could not leave, it was around 2:00 PM that Andy got tight again on a Siren Lure which we got it to the boat side and released it, 4/4 on that awesome day with the right crew!

A big thank you to Andy to share that great day on the water with us, I am sure we will remember that day as long as we live, I hope by the time I get back from Florida we will get one more shots at them…

Tackle Used:

Rods: Race Point 250, El Maestro 710MH, El Maestro 74XH & 82M
    Reels: Shimano Stella
    Lures: Moutoukenmaru, Daiwa Slider, Siren, Strategic Anglers
    Line: JB Hollow 60lb,80lb, 100lb.
    Line: Twisted leader with an 80lb Fluorocarbon topshot
    Hooks: Owner ST66, BKK

Tight lines
    Sami
    [​IMG]
    Gary Tight on the first fish of the day on the El Maestro 710MH
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Andy's fish
    [​IMG]
    Tight on the El Maestro 82M prototype
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    On the Board!!
    [​IMG]
    Siren Sorry Charlie 170

Jason, kbray001 and aguachico like this.
  2. aguachico

aguachico I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Art
    Boat:
    Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
    Awesome! How far of a run?

3. jack18

jack18 Newbie

Name:
    jack
    Boat:
    whatever floats
    So badass great job

4. Ali

Ali Master of Nothing Admin

Name:
    That Guy
    Boat:
    31' Innovator
    Looks like a lot of fun and COLD. Yikes.