Islands New Hustler Santa Rosa Seabass

4Bigeye2na

Almost A Member
Jan 7, 2015
Name
Ed
Boat
Searay
Took an overnite Charter last Saturday on the New Hustler out of Hooks Landing. Pretty rough ride out but we were able to stop for squid and had no problem jigging up enough, even able to net some. Headed over to the North end of Santa Rosa and the Captain Chris began looking. He said lets make a drift through here and it took about 5 minutes before we landed our first Seabass. I hooked up next and after about 20 minutes the captain told everybody to stop fishing. Easy limits for all 17 anglers plus crew. I hooked up 3 fish on three consecutive drops (of course I handed them off since I landed my one fish limit). All 15-25 lbs. Absolutely could have put on 100 but we had to stop. Finished off with great Rockfish at Miguel, and headed in early.

Thanks to the New Hustler crew and captain Chris, always a first class operation. He's been dialed in on the Seabass and our boat topped the fleet combined. Now's the time to get out there. Too bad it wasn't June 15th when the limit would have been 3.
IMG_0315.jpeg

S
SAMUEL A JASSO
Awesome and glad to hear. I'm booked for June 14-15 on the New Hustler. First overnight trip. Got any tips for the sea bass or the boat in general?
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Brother....thats how you do it!! The "Grey Ghost" is usually illusive.... but when traveling in schools.... they're not that tough to catch. Squid biomass has helped keep these fish from migrating up north. Get them while you can. Nice post....great picts. Good job!!

Upvote 0

FishingFiend

Almost A Member
    Nov 5, 2003
    SoCal
    Name
    FishingFiend
    Boat
    Cayman 226
    Congrats and thanks for the report. I believe Santa Rosa and the Channel Islands are still considered a Southern California Fish Report.

Upvote 0

cortezpirasea

Pangero
    Feb 23, 2012
    la mesa, ca
    Name
    Russell
    Boat
    21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
    Sweet! :food-smil

Upvote 0