New Forum Member: Inquiring About Lake Skinner

ZEEKCO

Aug 18, 2019
Temecula
Name
ZEEK
Boat
ZEEK
Good afternoon! My name is ZEEK. My apologies in advance if I’m in the wrong section as a new member who’s simply trying to introduce myself here. I am a husband and father of 2 young children. My son would love to go fishing for his birthday next month so we are considering renting a pontoon boat at Lake Skinner to fish for bluegill, striped bass, and catfish. I would like to know if there is any particular area of the lake that we should concentrate on and any bait tips as well?

I’m simply trying to catch a few fish with my son before my pacemaker is installed following our trip. Any advise on the lake or fishing guides for Lake Skinner are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Jkastrow

Aug 7, 2016
Southern CA
Name
Jesse
Boat
Pending
It’s a very small lake compared to Diamond Valley and Lake Perris. It’s very easy to cover ground and find blue gill. I’d call the marina and they can give you exact spots for bluegill. Striper bite is picking up there and the large mouth bass have been hitting the top water baits.

Reactions: jammanj

msweetman1

Feb 22, 2012
Sun City
Name
Mike
Boat
None
For the stripers, go to the inlet and buoy area and bait and wait with sardines and chicken livers. Stripers should start getting active next month and be chasing the shad hopefully.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
If your kids are under 7. I'd concentrate on the tules and bluegill. If you can find crickets, the bluegills can't stay away. If not, use mealworms. If you find one. You've probably found 100.

Last edited:

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
Skinner is a strange lake, the Stripers their are in love with chicken liver! Give the buoy line a shot. Try both fly line and the Carolina rig their. If they are biting you will see other catching them their.

upsman

Aug 29, 2012
corona/ca/usa
Name
al t
Boat
none
Chicken liver , the fresh one you but at the store and light line 4lb test. Tie up at the inlet , but don't let the ranger see you !

cow man

Tuna addict
Aug 29, 2012
Glide Or. 97443
Name
Jake Waardenburg
Boat
N/A
Used to live there, stripper fishing was a blast. Look for the birds diving on the shad , haul ass over here and throw swim baits on em .. lots of fun.