NEw FAthom 25NLD2 - greasing/degreasing ?

Roadrunner

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 3, 2004
San Diego
Name
John Gleaves
Boat
20 foot, Westcoaster, Roadrunner
Hi Steve. Just got another 25 last week. I can't tell when it was made ( box bar code has "ver 1" ). My question deals with how they grease them NOW as we have talked much of earlier years, etc.

Have they changed to less grease since the earlier models or are they still greasing them the same amount as before ?

I have many Fathom 2 speeds and will be going through them all before my trips coming up. My plan was to open up the new one to see how much grease they are putting on them at the factory. Then use this as a guide ( plus might need to pull some grease off of the new one ).

where are they at on the learning curve of greasing at the plant ?

Seems we are getting closer to opening day for the fleet. 21 days to your Shogun departure. hope we have a June SDA meeting to talk to you at.

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
I think it was last summer that the engineering dept. said they had reviewed the greasing quantities with the factory, and had them tone it down.
Not sure how long that kind of adjustment takes before it shows up in boxes stateside, and of course you never know how long something sat on a store shelf.
I would probably err on the side of lighter application, though the Alan Tani site should have some actual close up photos you could follow along.

Roadrunner

Oct 3, 2004
San Diego
Name
John Gleaves
Boat
20 foot, Westcoaster, Roadrunner
Thanks Steve. Just opened my new Fathom 25NLD2 from Fisherman's Landing.
Here is what the grease looks like. Appears less in some places when compared to a Alan Tani post from 2014 which i will put at the bottom. But so much grease on dragwasher metal, it pulled the ratchet out of the dog clips.

Free spool was not as good until I took out some grease and much better now. FYI for any who were curious
IMG_2547.jpg
IMG_2548.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg
IMG_2553.jpg

here are photos from 2014 Alan Tani thread.
medium_9308_05_07_17_4_53_19_1756171.jpeg
medium_9308_05_07_17_4_53_17_17553602.jpeg