New Danco Pliers 2021 ICAST

Blind Luck

Feb 14, 2015
Temecula
Name
Mike Grieco
Boat
MALAKAS
A few years ago the marketing team would have called them EXTREME pliers...now they're GAME CHANGERS

So ...right around the same price as the game changing 2 spd reels we're using to catch these game changing bluefin?
Is Danco donating $649 of the $699 to a game changing charity?

I'll go with another reel....

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Alright... thats a load of crap. For $700 you can buy 10 great pliers and give them away to your friends....fishing with you. What a friend you would be.

Maybe for $700.... you can pay someone to do all your plier type "jobs" on your upcoming trip? They'll stand there....next to you on the boat while you fish and wait for any "line cutting" job that comes up. He'll thank you for sure.

If your interested.... I have some $200 each "flatfall" style jigs available. They're called "Game Changers". Sorry you guys...it doesn't come with hooks....but we've included some split rings for you....lol. It's a "must have" for sure 👍 brothers. Up your Game!

If this DANCO post is real.... its a sad day for fishing. Apparently... they believe they're filling a glaring hole in the market... for "NEVER GONNA PAY THAT MUCH" pliers. They're right!!

Upvote 0

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 9, 2016
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    sunk it
    Marketing genius at work, why wouldn’t you buy a pair?
    Some guy got paid to do that. Who’s stupider? The guy who came up with that or the guy that paid him?

Reactions: watersdeep
    Upvote 0

Hismosa

• Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    Donmar has been around a long time and charges $400 for pliers, add the sheath and you're not that far off from what these guys are asking. So it's not that outlandish of a price.

Reactions: woodfish330
    Upvote 0

woodfish330

• Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    I believe the Sales and Marketing division determined at that price.... we can recover 100% of our "investment" in molds, tooling, etc.... the first season.... by selling just 10 pairs at $699. Thats vision brothers!

HEY....Wait A Minute.....NOBODY SAID ANYTHING about the "DIAMOND ENCRUSTED" SHEATH they come with. Now THATS a "game changer"!!

Upvote 0

woodfish330

• Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    HISMOSA....brother I have one of those DONMAR plier sets. It was a gift from a close friend. He said....what do you buy for someone that has "everything" fishing?

Now my point. Had them for 10 years.... always there..."available" in my box. So... heres the usual scenario... "damn... where are my pliers"? My "working pliers".... my "go to" pliers.... my day to day never "failed me" pliers. I NEVER grabbed those $400 pliers first....EVER. Always my trusty $30 pair.

So....10 years later.... my point is.... buy what you will use without thinking twice. "Damn... not those $400 dollar models" ....I'm saving them for "special" occations....lol. But thats just me .... Its also the reason...if you pull them out of my box today..... they look almost NEW...lol.

AWilliams

May 18, 2009
    Ramona, Ca.
    Name
    Alin Williams
    Boat
    none
    But do they come in green and are they Long Beach made?.. asking for a friend...

Imagine the baller status you could command with your Long Beach Seeker Green Glass/CEX, black Penn Torque 25n and these pliers. Now THAT'S a game changer.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

bentbaitstick

Sep 11, 2012
    Socal
    Name
    Charley Tabbara
    Boat
    Boat
    cocaine-is-a-hell-ofa-drug-memegenerator-net-cocaine-is-a-49007475.png

Upvote 0

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Kub
    Boat
    17' Gregor
    HISMOSA....brother I have one of those DONMAR plier sets. It was a gift from a close friend. He said....what do you buy for someone that has "everything" fishing?

Now my point. Had them for 10 years.... always there..."available" in my box. So... heres the usual scenario... "damn... where are my pliers"? My "working pliers".... my "go to" pliers.... my day to day never "failed me" pliers. I NEVER grabbed those $400 pliers first....EVER. Always my trusty $30 pair.

So....10 years later.... my point is.... buy what you will use without thinking twice. "Damn... not those $400 dollar models" ....I'm saving them for "special" occations....lol. But thats just me .... Its also the reason...if you pull them out of my box today..... they look almost NEW...lol.
    I got a $200.00 popper from Japan as a gift. I don't use it. I'm afraid I'll lose it.
    Same goes for these pliers.

Upvote 0

Jaysons999

Internet fisherman
  • Apr 5, 2015
    San marcos
    Name
    Jay
    Boat
    18' Starcraft “Ace of Spades”
    Do you have to change out the assist hooks or will they catch bluefin with the stock ones?.....

Upvote 0

skrilla

allirks
    May 26, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Len
    Boat
    Camo Whammo
    But artificial intelligence! It's technology that goes beyond what we as humans can comprehend. No wonder you guys don't get it.

That or this guy got the dates and speeches for ICAST and CES shows mixed up. Yeah probably the latter.

Upvote 0