Almost A Member
Sep 28, 2008
san diego/california/us
Name
Conor
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 23'
Hello,

I am 25 years old and my family has a very well maintained 23 foot Boston Whaler Outrage. It is fully rigged to fish with 2 bait tanks brand new electronics and has 300 mile range. 250 HP Yamaha with only 200 hours. Currently slipped in Shelter Island

I am currently having a problem because my brothers and friends can not take weekdays off to fish. I have spent many many hours fishing offshore been on 5 days a lot of Overnight trips and countless hours on our old 32 foot whaler which we owned for about 4 years.

That being said I have limited experience captaining boats and am interested in making a few friends who hopefully have more experience than me, and that I can learn from while fishing.

Not looking for anyone who is stingy about gas/bait rigging or cleaning fish/boat at the end of the day.

Post if you think you might want to go out together.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
Nice f'n boat.

I would like to see how she rides and not be responsible on where she goes.

If you find you are going solo on a weekday afternoon, after 1pm, hit me up.

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Hello,

I am 25 years old and my family has a very well maintained 23 foot Boston Whaler Outrage. It is fully rigged to fish with 2 bait tanks brand new electronics and has 300 mile range. 250 HP Yamaha with only 200 hours.

I am currently having a problem because my brothers and friends can not take weekdays off to fish. I have spent many many hours fishing offshore been on 5 days a lot of Overnight trips and countless hours on our old 32 foot whaler which we owned for about 4 years.

That being said I have limited experience captaining boats and am interested in making a few friends who hopefully have more experience than me, and that I can learn from while fishing.

Not looking for anyone who is stingy about gas/bait rigging or cleaning fish/boat at the end of the day.

Hey Conor,

I'm actually in south OC, but will keep the offer in mind as I fished and maintained a 2301 Seaswirl for about four years. To anyone who is new to boating, or thinking of buying a boat (because they will sell a boat to anyone who can write a check), I suggest the US Coast Guard Power Squadron course. I took it before I bought my boat because the only experience I had was fishing or pulling skis with my dads lake junker when I was a teen. Here is a link - there is some very good material to learn, even for the folks who think they already know it all. Good luck!

http://www.usps.org/edonline/

Reactions: lake53
Upvote 0

sk8nsurf805

Almost A Member
Feb 5, 2007
San Diego
Name
Sean
Boat
In the next 10 years
Hey Conor,

I can't fish the weekdays, but I'm good for most weekends. I live in San Diego and am 25 like yourself. It'd be awesome to get out there and kill some fish with you. Let me know if/when you have a spot available.

Thanks dude.

Upvote 0

FishCommander

Almost A Member
Sep 28, 2008
san diego/california/us
Name
Conor
Boat
Hey Conor,

I can't fish the weekdays, but I'm good for most weekends. I live in San Diego and am 25 like yourself. It'd be awesome to get out there and kill some fish with you. Let me know if/when you have a spot available.

Thanks dude.

Awesome man I will let you know. You have some experience? can chip in? Pm me phone #

Upvote 0

mojojones

Jun 25, 2009
Gavilan Hills
Name
Jordan
Boat
Limited loads only
dude I've been waiting for this post. I work for the railroad and won't have weekends off for 20 more years my regular days off are always weekdays. The opposite of all my friends and fishing partners. I'm 33, live in Gavilan Hills (near Elsinore) been tuna fishing for about 10 years. Have all gear and can afford to split costs / pitch in. Been boating my whole life. New baby on the way this month but other than that I'm always looking to go on weekdays. PM me some contact info and hopefully we can put something together soon. I'm looking to get out in late September.

Upvote 0

Larmo

Strip it. Mend it. Hit it!
Jul 11, 2004
San Diego
www.lawrenceshea.com
Name
Larry
Boat
Your Cabo
Let's go. Had a 23' Whaler for 10 years and a Cabo 35 for 10. Know these waters well. And that boat is perfect for surfing the Point which is my specialty... Hit me up. Larry

Upvote 0

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
What year BWO 23 ?

Upvote 0

apogee

Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Its a 1999 with a 2009 yamaha
My last Whaler was a 2002 BWO 230 with a F300. I just sold it. Here is a picture of it....... You may be interested in the outriggers I had for that 230
IMG_0376.JPG
IMG_0370.JPG
IMG_0377.JPG
. My new BWO came with outriggers.........Ap

Reactions: Philligan
Upvote 0

FishCommander

Almost A Member
Sep 28, 2008
san diego/california/us
Name
Conor
Boat
Last edited:
Upvote 0

apogee

Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
I sold it because I bought a 1999 BWO 28 hull and re-fit it with new electronics and new Etec G2's. That was the only reason. I had the 230 down to total turnkey with great range and electronics. I just needed a place to sleep in my old age. I was getting tired of making a seventy mile run back to the barn at the end of a long day of fishing. Your boat has outrigger holders on the top rails. I bought a set of retractable outriggers because they are a valuable piece of equipment for that boat. When I sold the 230 I kept the outriggers. Here is a picture of the new sled........
IMG_1207.JPG
IMG_3257.JPG
IMG_3149.JPG

Upvote 0

FishCommander

Almost A Member
Sep 28, 2008
san diego/california/us
Name
Conor
Boat
I sold it because I bought a 1999 BWO 28 hull and re-fit it with new electronics and new Etec G2's. That was the only reason. I had the 230 down to total turnkey with great range and electronics. I just needed a place to sleep in my old age. I was getting tired of making a seventy mile run back to the barn at the end of a long day of fishing. Your boat has outrigger holders on the top rails. I bought a set of retractable outriggers because they are a valuable piece of equipment for that boat. When I sold the 230 I kept the outriggers. Here is a picture of the new sled........View attachment 783189 View attachment 783191 View attachment 783192

Wow!! that thing is beautiful!!!! We did the opposite. Had a BW 305 Conquest and downsized because it was to expensive to run and a lot more maitenance. My favorite thing about the 23 is how much easier it is to clean!!!! I love your new rig though.

Upvote 0

socal_fisherman

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 24, 2010
moreno valley and Santa Ana c.a u.s.a
Name
miguel
Boat
n\a
If you plan on going this weekend I could help with expenses,clean the boat etc
I'm very sad tht the company tht I work for cancel the overnight trip for this Friday I was really exited for it and with the bite getting better and better I really want to get on the water I'm 27 I fish hard and don't give up haha if you go out and need an extra HO lol HMU I'm available

Reactions: apogee
Upvote 0

apogee

Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Wow!! that thing is beautiful!!!! We did the opposite. Had a BW 305 Conquest and downsized because it was to expensive to run and a lot more maintenance. My favorite thing about the 23 is how much easier it is to clean!!!! I love your new rig though.
I get that. I put up a survey here on BD about going up before doing so. Overwhelmingly the survey among boat owners on these boards recommended to stay pat with my BWO 230 due to versatility, towablility, economy, fishability, dependability and maintenance. All of this is correct except the part where I pull up into the parking lot and go to sleep. It is a pleasure being able to get out of the weather, BBQ on the rail and carry too much stuff. I like it. I also like the electric anchor winch and the 10'4" beam. So a tough decision and probably not as prudent as I should be, but, I am running out of time and I appreciate being at anchor out at San Clemente at this point in my life............

Upvote 0

FishCommander

Almost A Member
Sep 28, 2008
san diego/california/us
Name
Conor
Boat
I get that. I put up a survey here on BD about going up before doing so. Overwhelmingly the survey among boat owners on these boards recommended to stay pat with my BWO 230 due to versatility, towablility, economy, fishability, dependability and maintenance. All of this is correct except the part where I pull up into the parking lot and go to sleep. It is a pleasure being able to get out of the weather, BBQ on the rail and carry too much stuff. I like it. I also like the electric anchor winch and the 10'4" beam. So a tough decision and probably not as prudent as I should be, but, I am running out of time and I appreciate being at anchor out at San Clemente at this point in my life............

Honestly your boat is like my dream if I had the money to operate it. It doesn't get any more badass in my opinion unless you added a tuna tower. If you ever need a crew member let me know. I would love to fish that thing.

Reactions: apogee
Upvote 0

Dudley613

• May 20, 2015
    Inyotuckee CA
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    21' Cole superhawk "Beep Beep", 20' bayrunner open
    I can fish random days of every month as my schedule rotates, I will be more than willing to pay for gas/bait, rig stuff etc.... Have my own gear and fish hard. Hit me up when your ready. Check the boat hoe list tho, there's a lot of guys who post up on there for a ride your offering.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

kms70

Bigfudder
    Jun 28, 2008
    Norwalk,Ca USA
    Name
    Ken
    Boat
    Fo' Reels
    Hello,

I am 25 years old and my family has a very well maintained 23 foot Boston Whaler Outrage. It is fully rigged to fish with 2 bait tanks brand new electronics and has 300 mile range. 250 HP Yamaha with only 200 hours. Currently slipped in Shelter Island

Are you fishing Fri 9/2/16?

Upvote 0

FlotillaKilla

Sep 11, 2011
    OC CA USA
    Name
    Nunyabiz
    Boat
    Maybe One Day
    Not that you haven't had a ton of response,

A buddy and I are looking to jump on this week/weekend. Seasoned salts with great work ethic and deep pockets

PM me if you want to go out and not have to break out your own fold...

Upvote 0