chavid

Well-Known "Member"
May 6, 2013
Rancho cucamonga
Name
Dave
Boat
Pursuit 315 OS
Nice boat! Few suggestions to add if you have not done so.

* Auto Pilot- Game changer.
* Garmin XM Marine Receiver- Live weather is a must for me.
* Lumitec Caprera 2 - One for front and one for the back. I have red /white and love it.
* T-Top electronic box.

Optional but very helpful at night- FLIR Thermal Camera. I can add bunch more to the list if you need. :D

Reactions: Shewillbemine

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
Nice boat! Few suggestions to add if you have not done so.

* Auto Pilot- Game changer.
* Garmin XM Marine Receiver- Live weather is a must for me.
* Lumitec Caprera 2 - One for front and one for the back. I have red /white and love it.
* T-Top electronic box.

Optional but very helpful at night- FLIR Thermal Camera. I can add bunch more to the list if you need. :D
Thanks!

Those are definitely on my "Part 2" list. I don't boat at night, so the thermal camera wouldn't be useful.

I have NO IDEA what the Lumitec Caprera is, so I'll Google it.

Shewillbemine

Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
Been gone for a few days on a well deserved vacation with the wife. Summer is my busiest time and I've been putting in 7 days a week since June. That won't end until September.

We set off for Cabo San Lucas (my 3rd time, her first) WITHOUT the kids, which is a blessing.

I didn't have time to fish but I had time for other activities, including this sailing tour up and down the coast.

Lover's Beach
FB_IMG_1565636466855.jpg

Lunch onboard
FB_IMG_1565636518728.jpg

Shewillbemine

Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
Craig from West Coast Bait Tanks finished my tank!

I picked it up from his office in Orange. The pic below is a little misleading, as it looks a lot smaller. It's about 35 gallons in person, except the tank is just a little narrower than usual.

I wasn't driving my tow vehicle so I had to pick up the tank in my teeny Tesla. We made it fit in the back by moving one of my car seats. Mmm, that fiberglass smell is all over my car's interior.

31109.jpeg

Shewillbemine

Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
It is BUSY out there!

I'm trying to pay good money to get my bait tank installed and I can't get a soul to pick up the phone.

No matter. I'm going with a new guy, Loren, who has advertised intermittently on this forum. I've seen pics of his work on MUCH bigger and more expensive vessels so I'm excited to see how his work will turn out on my boat.

He's mobile too, which is a big plus for me.

Shewillbemine

Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
I've decided on a boat logo that went off my original design idea: chips dipping into guacamole.

I don't like boat names on the side of the boat so I'll be sticking this onto the top side of my bait tank.

S994057-20190802183250.gif

Even though I like a more "clean" look, I'm thinking of turning my bait tank into a character piece. It's the place I'll allow my kids to put random stickers and decals. I'll probably start with company logos such as Warbaits and Abu Garcia.

Shewillbemine

Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
Loren saw my boat today and walked me through his installation idea. Since I don't plan to use the bow bait tank, he can easily tap into the existing pump and drain so he won't have to drill brand new holes.

I also like the ease in which he explained/attacked the possible issue of the bait tank not fitting cleanly underneath the leaning post. He had a couple different ideas to make things look perfect. I feel like I'm getting world class service on a mid-level tier boat (possibly entry level). Certainly, it's much smaller than the yachts he typically works on. I've had other experiences with boat guys and they mostly just want to complain about how what I want won't work or it's too hard.

The install starts next week, which is OK since I still have time before the next offshore trip.

But damn I'm excited!

Shewillbemine

Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
I threw all my old gear in when I sold the last boat so I am now in need of a good knife.

I've always admired the knives from @RWbladez and I finally had a good reason to buy a fillet knife from him.

I follow him on Instagram and noticed his recent post running a discounted price on mildly used knives he was just trying out. Since the pricing was so good, I couldn't resist. I threw in some extra funds to pay for engraving, so the blade will say "Chips N Guac" when finished.

I believe mine is the one on the left in this picture.

1570023_721c514c9e0b2ca9af2aa37672a49e04.jpeg

Reactions: repo805

Shewillbemine

Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
Roy text me pics of the newly engraved knife! He said he chose to do freehand script engraving because he felt it fit the boat name and overall vibe better.

31830~2.jpeg
31832~2.jpeg

Shewillbemine

Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
Woohoo! I changed up the boat logo and made it look cleaner by removing the guacamole on the sails. I think it looks cleaner.

Ordered the decals so I can place 'em all over her.

3474316_aa.png

Reactions: onehottip

Shewillbemine

Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
Can you get a personal license plate to go with that CPSNGAC
My tow vehicle isn't worthy of a personalized plate LOL. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna go through all that for my trailer. I have a personalized plate on my other car and I don't want to deal with the DMV again.

Good idea though!

Shewillbemine

Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
I'm still trying to find extra clamp on rod holders that fit on my t-top. Offshore fishing requires a lot of specialized rigs, and going out with 3 - 4 guys also means they want to bring their lucky rods too.

I initially got some from Amazon that just didn't have the right fit. The closest clamps were way too small and I couldn't screw them in tightly and the next size clamps were way too big and there was no way they would stay in place.

I'm not a fan of welded on rod holders, especially on center consoles. I want the option to take them off for a cleaner look.

I ordered a different brand at two different sizes and I'm gonna install them this week. If the brand and size work, I'm gonna add about 8 more rod holders to the t-top.

This is a cheaper brand, but I don't want to commit to something like Lee's if I don't know they'll fit properly.

81cusgw7MGL._SL1500_.jpg

mike mitchell

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 25, 2017
San Diego
Name
Michael Mitchell
Boat
20 Bertram
Saw a personal plate today that said XXGUAC. I have always found those clamp on to be less that reliable. You might think about a row of welded on holders on a removeable bar.

Shewillbemine

Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
Saw a personal plate today that said XXGUAC. I have always found those clamp on to be less that reliable. You might think about a row of welded on holders on a removeable bar.
I hear ya.

If I were rolling on a Parker and had the roof space, I'd be going custom welding. For this rig, I want the option to take them off.

QueenAnnesRevenge

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 7, 2016
Lincoln CA
Name
Andrew
Boat
Steiger Craft 23dv Miami " Sofia Alexis"
I hear ya.

If I were rolling on a Parker and had the roof space, I'd be going custom welding. For this rig, I want the option to take them off.
I bought some ce smith bolt ons for my bow rail and rocket launcher. Fit great and so far havent moved a cnt hair even in our sporty ocean so far this year up here

Shewillbemine

Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
I bought some ce smith bolt ons for my bow rail and rocket launcher. Fit great and so far havent moved a cnt hair even in our sporty ocean so far this year up here
Thanks! I'll see how these work and if not, I'll check out the CE Smith ones. These also came from Amazon.

Shewillbemine

Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
Woohoo! Loren is installing my bait tank as I type this.

He should be done this week and NEXT WEEK, my work schedule allows me to fish even a few hours per day. Gotta do some dry runs before Mexico.

Shewillbemine

Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
Had to stop by the boat to install new Garmin updates: lo and behold, there's already ANOTHER new update I haven't downloaded to my SD cards. I just installed version 15.10 and Garmin just released version 16.0.

Yeesh.

Couldn't help but sneak a peek at the tank in progress. It's gonna be awesome!

IMG_20190821_190636.jpg

Shewillbemine

Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
Today's the day Loren finishes the bait tank install! He called yesterday and said he just needs to finish the caulking.

LOL apparently, when he opened the tube to do so yesterday, he saw he had purchased the black color. No bueno.

He's finishing up with the white caulking.

Can't wait to take her out next week and test out the system!