New Boat Needs a Name Suitable for 2 Women!

Mo

#1 OG, part time Secret Moderator
Apr 10, 2007
east of the west coast...
Name
Mo
Boat
20ft Thunderjet,Hobie 12ft Pro Angler,Boat Ho on KA
My middle name is actually Marie, my moms to we both have discussed it as a possibilty.
Tradition here is daughters names,wifes names or moms' name.... Is you name ma'-ree or Mary?

THE MISS MARIE
MARIE M.
THE LITTLE MARIE
ANNA MARIE

Just some examples. I didn't read all the replies so these may have been suggested already.:rofl:

Or go with male names...
The PRINCE
LITTLE JAKE.....ect

Mo

#1 OG, part time Secret Moderator
Apr 10, 2007
east of the west coast...
Name
Mo
Boat
20ft Thunderjet,Hobie 12ft Pro Angler,Boat Ho on KA
Also if you don't have any experience running a boat, have someone who is, fish with you till you are comfortable running it alone.
Take some boating courses, goin out on charter trips will not prepare you for operating a boat.
Running in open ocean is easy.
Wait till you tryin to dock on a windy day,tide running hard and 30 other boats moving around to haul out or dock. Maybe add to that fog so thick you can't see the bow.....
Take it out every chance you can and just drive it, practice docking and learn how it responds to different things. Learn to use you electronics (GPS,DEPTH/FISH FINDER & COMPASS,VHF)
Congrats on the new boat !!! And good luck fishing!

BiggestT

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
We are newbies so tips and suggestions welcome. How do you like you Defiance 220Ex?
What Mo said, have someone who's experience running a boat show you for at least a couple trips. Otherwise, you run the risk of gouging the hell out of your new boat when docking or putting it on the trailer. Then there's the whole finding fish, catching fish, etc. This is no longer party boat fishing where your sole focus is getting a lively bait properly presented overboard. You will now have many, many more tasks. Remember when the party boat crowd would growl and complain at the captain for staying at a dead fishing spot too long? Now, when you come home blanked, you only have yourself to look at in the mirror.

I'd be happy to help, time permitting, to help you out. However, per my wife, the women don't take lessons well from the men, particularly their spouses. As much as my wife has fished with me, she never listened to me on putting the boat on the trailer, so I just gave up on it. You do not have that option.

Do a search for "Jenny O" here on these boards. She runs the Saltwater Women program for United Anglers. Last year they had some programs where the woman were shown (by men, though not spouses) how to launch, run and put boats back on trailers. Jenny is also a very good fisherwoman and undoubtedly could be convinced, time permitting (she has young ones), to do a little outing and some fishing. Her e-mail: [email protected]

TRS

Jan 18, 2007
CQ
Name
CQ
Boat
none
"The VagTastic-Voyager"

TRS

Jan 18, 2007
CQ
Name
CQ
Boat
none
How About " I went to the Fred-Hall show and all I got was this Stupid-Boat"

TRS

Jan 18, 2007
CQ
Name
CQ
Boat
none
Maybe,,," MY Jonies-Butterfly is broke so I have to sit on the motor cover instead"

Squid Vicious

me vale verga
Feb 17, 2004
So Cal
bloodydecks
Name
Manuel Frias
Boat
none for now
..........Knot Home

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Gee 12 pages... and you can't make up your minds..... That's a women for you... well I guess a pair of women......

Why don't you just step up to the plate and name Your boat yourself's.....

:rofl::slap:

Happy Easter....:gaygroup:

LiLStitch1818

Co-Captain
Aug 28, 2006
San Bernardino
www.myspace.com
Name
Jessica
Boat
Defiance 220 EX, "Sirens"
OK Guys sorry I kinda was overwhelmed with posts and stuff at work. It took me awhile to get caught up on posts.Really wasn't expecting this many responses. My mom and I actually looked over all the suggestions, we have to let California Offshore Marine know tomorrow morning the name of the boat so we limited it down to our top 10 contenderd. We have it limited down to these and are making the final decision in the morning before we call it in. Thank you to everyone for the creativity (and yes we got laughs out of alot of them) but we were pretty good sports about it I think. So without any other delay Here's the final cut list:

1.Sirens or Siren's Song
2. Knot His
3.No Mans Land
4. Life's II Short
5. PMS Princess or PMS Princesses
6. Women Scorned
7. Defy me Twice
8. Fishfull Thinking
9. Reel Ladies
10. Fleur de la Mer

Runners up that we cut from the top 15 list:
Fleur de Lis
Here Fishee... Fishee
Y-Knot
Seas the Day or Carpe Diem
Knot Paid IV was a tie with Twin Tails

LiLStitch1818

Co-Captain
Aug 28, 2006
San Bernardino
www.myspace.com
Name
Jessica
Boat
Congradulations on the new boat Lilstitch. I fish on a 23 ft Parker often and it a fine boat and I'am sure your Defiance will be to. As far as names there was a lot thrown out there and I can't think of any. Congrats again and can't wait to see the pics.

F.J.
The boat will be ready for pick up in San Diego next weekend. So excited will be out on the water in no time. My mom and I are taking a safe boaters course and we have a family friend who owns a boat and will be going out with us a couple times. But yeah we could use feedback for new boaters and ya may be looking for fishing buddies soon.

LiLStitch1818

Co-Captain
Aug 28, 2006
San Bernardino
www.myspace.com
Name
Jessica
Boat
What Mo said, have someone who's experience running a boat show you for at least a couple trips. Otherwise, you run the risk of gouging the hell out of your new boat when docking or putting it on the trailer. Then there's the whole finding fish, catching fish, etc. This is no longer party boat fishing where your sole focus is getting a lively bait properly presented overboard. You will now have many, many more tasks. Remember when the party boat crowd would growl and complain at the captain for staying at a dead fishing spot too long? Now, when you come home blanked, you only have yourself to look at in the mirror.

I'd be happy to help, time permitting, to help you out. However, per my wife, the women don't take lessons well from the men, particularly their spouses. As much as my wife has fished with me, she never listened to me on putting the boat on the trailer, so I just gave up on it. You do not have that option.

Do a search for "Jenny O" here on these boards. She runs the Saltwater Women program for United Anglers. Last year they had some programs where the woman were shown (by men, though not spouses) how to launch, run and put boats back on trailers. Jenny is also a very good fisherwoman and undoubtedly could be convinced, time permitting (she has young ones), to do a little outing and some fishing. Her e-mail: [email protected]
Thank you for the info. My mom and I actually belong to United anglers and are considering getting more involved witht he Women's program there. Ya when we get the boat all decked out and ready to go should be ready for pickup and than jsut got a couple more finishing touches we will let you know. Thanks again

LiLStitch1818

Co-Captain
Aug 28, 2006
San Bernardino
www.myspace.com
Name
Jessica
Boat
Ok just to follow up with anyone that still was wondering, we had it narrowed down to 2 "Sirens" or "Knot His" and I let my mom make the final decision as I was cool with either of those and she picked "Sirens" So a big thank you for all the input guys wasn't expecting this thread to get as many hits as it did. Don't even remember who was the first to suggest Sirens but it stuck thank you. We get to pick it up and do our sea trial on the 26th for sure so listen for us on the radio. We are excited and will be looking for fishing buddies or experienced boaters to help us soon. I will post pics from teh sea trial ASAP. Thanks again all.

LiLStitch1818

Co-Captain
Aug 28, 2006
San Bernardino
www.myspace.com
Name
Jessica
Boat
Picked up boat and did the sea trial. We love it. Will post pics ASAP. Thanks to all of the california offshore marine staff especially Rob for putting up with all of our questions concerns and newbie problems. You guys rock. Also already got the name on it with a nice mermail sillohette on it also. Awesome. Pics coming this week!