jochi

chance favors the prepared mind
May 31, 2006
central coast, california
Name
robb
Boat
22' cc mckee craft
I put a deposit / down payment on a 25 ex at the beginning of March right before covid starting taking its toll. Now, I get that this thing has screwed a lot of business
And business support production, but is it an excuse to not give you any kind of update for the build? There was never any clear delivery date on the paperwork and I didn't care if it took 3 months or 6 months.
This is my first new boat that I've had to order, my other rides were bought new from albin and mckee craft off the floor. For you guys that ordered a boat, from any builder, was there updates? Pictures? Pictures or PO of parts during the build? Before they started the build? Schedules? Build schedule? Anything like that? I'm not looking to bash anybody, just wondering what kind of protocol is there for this. I have sent the broker several emails only to get crickets.
So today I called the factory and the sales guy I talked to was super cool and said he would find out everything , get some pics and get back to me Monday. He told the owner who told the broker who wrote me an email to never call the builder again and if I don't like it he will return the deposit. Whole thing seems like a really bizarre way to run a business.
I guess I'm buying a boat, customer service not included.

dcarlisle

Captain
Jun 25, 2008
The Island
Name
Dave
Boat
Boatless
I would run. Get your deposit back. There are plenty of factories that do have an appropriate level of customer service.
Imagine how well your warranties will go if this is how they treat you BEFORE they have all your money.

Reactions: bman440440

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
If that's how went down and I sensed some attitude I would tell him to go ahead and give my deposit back.
Your buying a big ticket item they should be all about the yes sir no sir if you have any questions.
If your sensing attitude on the build just imagine having to go back for warranty issues .

Reactions: bman440440

clevel

Skipper
Jun 4, 2011
Laguna Niguel
Name
Cabo Jack
Boat
Cobia 261
Wow, your broker does not know how to conduct business. I would hate to have your broker handle any warranty issues! Take the refund if the broker is willing and go to another dealer. Broker is supposed to communicate with the builder for progress report and request pictures of the build stages on your behalf. He obviously has not done so and your call to the builder made him look bad in the eyes of the builder.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
mmmm if they don't talk with you about when, do you think they would talk to you about a deposit refund ????

plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I'd take him up on that offer to return your deposit only because of his attitude.

Reactions: kevina

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
If you want progress pictures, go take the pictures yourself. This should have been talked about with the broker at the beginning. Commons sense would have included a time frame for the completion in writing somewhere....again.... from the broker.

Due to the requirement of social distancing and PPEs in the workplace in conjunction with supply chain disruptions, good luck on getting your boat in a year...let alone "3 months". The timing of this closure situation screwed us all.

SeaHawk IV

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 15, 2008
United States of America
Name
A
Boat
You're doing them a big favor in buying their brand boat; especially when millions are unemployed and can't pay rent with what's going on.

If they give you attitude this early, in the process, imagine if you have warranty issues to deal with after you take delivery.

I would take their offer and get your deposit back unless you really want this boat.