New boat coming to Float 12 in Westport

Carol Knowles

May 23, 2019
Mississippi
Name
Carol Knowles
Boat
Grady White
View attachment 1005144 Carrie and I pulled the trigger on a new boat yesterday. We are having a 32x12 catamaran built by ACI boats. Twin 350 Suzuki with dual props. Full width cabin. Decided to not go with walk around so we have more cabin room for those older folks and kids, and for winter Blackmouth fishing. We are super excited and it’s been a long decision making process. Had to figure out what we really wanted to be as fishermen. Age and health has started to figure into decisions. The run and gun 3-4 trips a week a probable over for us. Time to relax, enjoy our friends in Westport, and make Fishing fun again, and when we do run and gun day trips we might be a little more comfortable. Plus bigger dance floor for the stripper pole.
We decided on the name “Slap Shot” and yes it may have a Canadian flag theme color scheme.
Of course we will be approaching all float 12 captains to make sure Slap Shot meets or exceeds their float 12 standards.
Dang that’s nice!!

Reactions: carrie's bait boy

Genie Aye

FISH BOSS
Sep 25, 2008
Renton/ Westport
Name
Cap't Paul
Boat
V-20 Wellcraft w/200HO E-TEC
And bam....half tote..
IMG_4714.JPG

Reactions: TonyG

Genie Aye

FISH BOSS
Sep 25, 2008
Renton/ Westport
Name
Cap't Paul
Boat
V-20 Wellcraft w/200HO E-TEC
It will have a wheelchair access on starboard side...but no crane...lol

Mo

#1 OG, part time Secret Moderator
Apr 10, 2007
east of the west coast...
Name
Mo
Boat
20ft Thunderjet,Hobie 12ft Pro Angler,Boat Ho on KA
Thats going to be a sweet ride. Definitely way to go is have it built with a setup you like and use

robodad

BullShitoligest
Mar 5, 2012
Port Angeles
Name
Allen
Boat
26' Olympic XLF
They’re having the offshore bracket extended further aft so they can unfuck the situation when a crew member inadvertently hooks into one of the Suzuki DF350s.
So just what are they having done to keep the deck boss from throwing expensive rods and reels right over the side ? :Beat_Them

carrie's bait boy

2 hulls are better than 1
Apr 17, 2015
Kent WA and Westport WA
Name
norm
Boat
32x12 ACI Cat
@robodad on the Slap Shot, you drop a rod and reel off the boat you get a game misconduct, not just 2 min in the Penalty Box. The head on our boat is being renamed the penalty box. Got a sign maker working on signage as we speak.
Thanks to @wdlfbio for keeping everyone informed of our updates. My health has not allowed me to visit Port Townsend to see Carrie’s and my new build. I’m hoping to get up there soon. Wdlfbio has been nice enough to help us get updates out. ACI is building us a fantastic boat. With input from many, Carrie and I decided on some basic features and some pretty fucking cool features too. Gotta give credit to Laurence for coming up with the 1/2 tote idea. At first I argued against it, I mean who does a half toke? Funny how one letter can make so much difference eh?

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
Livin' the dream my friend, livin' the dream!

Ducker!

Emzbuddy

Is a Yacht in my future? Why Knot!
Mar 13, 2008
Bothell, WA
Name
Doug
Boat
Defiance 250 (Doris Ann), Wellcraft 26 (Doug Out, Whaler 16 SL (Bull Pen) Livingston 8 (Short Stop)
uhh.. what's the penalty for a half toke? I vote shotgun a PBR!

Reactions: carrie's bait boy