May 19, 2011
South Australia, Australia
Name
Russell Iles
Boat
Sold
Bloody Decks THE Forum site.
Ever evolving.
This is one hell of a shake up & for this old codger it will take a while to get a grip on things, but first impression is, it's a winner. This is why I keep coming back for advice, recommendations & discovering what is new & even if it appears to be at times something that would not work here down under in Australia, I am always prepared to experiment & give it a go, it can be half the fun of fishing by trying different ideas.

fxbobby
fxbobby
I’m old too, just trying to look at an post and then go back to the menu is a pain
Reactions: RalphS
Upvote 0
Fin Fan
Fin Fan
Takes me 5 minutes just to find the forums i used to have one click to. I cant save the individual forums to my desk top anymore so i have to fish for them now. I used to come browse 1-2 times a day, now I'm once a week at best.

Buried next to the Allcoast grave.

NEXT!!!
Reactions: RalphS
Upvote 0

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
Boat
340Z SeaVee
Bloody Decks THE Forum site.
Ever evolving.
This is one hell of a shake up & for this old codger it will take a while to get a grip on things, but first impression is, it's a winner. This is why I keep coming back for advice, recommendations & discovering what is new & even if it appears to be at times something that would not work here down under in Australia, I am always prepared to experiment & give it a go, it can be half the fun of fishing by trying different ideas.
It's work in progress! In 2-3 weeks it should be all tuned up.

aussiefisho

Always learning to fish smarter.
May 19, 2011
South Australia, Australia
Name
Russell Iles
Boat
Sold
Jason, it could very easily be mistaken as a big suck up to BD, but I truly believe no one else in recreational fishing circles does it as good as BloodyDecks.

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
Apr 7, 2004
San Diego North County
Name
Jim
Boat
Chelsea Rae
The one thing I hate is that there is no personal interaction in the classifieds anymore.....I don't mean bumping a thread or outing bullshit....I'm talking about bonafides for a seller.....some upvote does zero....it's a number as opposed to a comment.
I get it if it makes life easier for the owners but as somebody who has been here for 17 years....it's like going fishing with one boot on :)

Goldminer1957
Goldminer1957
yep 100% right. this reminds me when Coke changed there formula. never was the same!! offerup will be the place to sell i bet!!!
Upvote 0
Fin Fan
Fin Fan
Totally, right? Terrible new format. Going the way of the dodo (not the fish) alongside Allcoast.

If it aint broke.......

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    The one thing I hate is that there is no personal interaction in the classifieds anymore.....I don't mean bumping a thread or outing bullshit....I'm talking about bonafides for a seller.....some upvote does zero....it's a number as opposed to a comment.
    I get it if it makes life easier for the owners but as somebody who has been here for 17 years....it's like going fishing with one boot on

Yeah I miss all the extra knowledge and different information on items being sold.
    Also miss the interactions between sellers and buyers.
    How about letting the poster decide which of the 2 formats to use?
    Also it kind of feels cluttered now on the pages to me.

jiggermyster

Goin' out...
    Dec 12, 2003
    So Cal
    Name
    Clay
    Boat
    n/a
    We have requests to developers for a comment section to be added and managed by the OP.
    Ideally, all comments hidden by default and let (prompt?) the OP decide to expose them, or not.
    Some folks might get their panties twisted if their prose were suddenly hidden.

Also, what's up with this 'upvote' thing?
    How can we tell (without clicking on something) if we've upvoted a post already?

And why are posts automatically upvoted by the poster when they are first posted?

It makes no difference if posts all start with zero or one upvote.
    (some BBS's upvote shame posters who lick their own posts)

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
    Admin
    Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    Ideally, all comments hidden by default and let (prompt?) the OP decide to expose them, or not.
    Some folks might get their panties twisted if their prose were suddenly hidden.

Also, what's up with this 'upvote' thing?
    How can we tell (without clicking on something) if we've upvoted a post already?

And why are posts automatically upvoted by the poster when they are first posted?

It makes no difference if posts all start with zero or one upvote.
    (some BBS's upvote shame posters who lick their own posts)
    No idea why the post starts with an upvote. I'll fix it for you.

jiggermyster

Goin' out...
    Dec 12, 2003
    So Cal
    Name
    Clay
    Boat
    n/a
    No idea why the post starts with an upvote. I'll fix it for you.
    Thanks for looking at it. If there's not an easy tweak, then don't sweat it. Doesn't appear that folks around here are as snarky about it... or just haven't noticed it yet. <g>

I dug around settings again and didn't see anything related.

Reactions: One_Leg

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    I agree it seems activity is way down and most people are not happy but if you beleive what jasons saying they also didnt have any choice but to upgrade,damned if you do and damned if you dont deal.
    We live in a time where wokeness and the wild west of BD that we love dont exactly fit the google masters agenda.
    I dont see any other better alternative right now so give it a month or so for them get tuned up,its hard to navigate the liberal internet for a mostly conservative website of hunters and fisherman and their trying to find their way.

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
    Apr 7, 2004
    San Diego North County
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    Chelsea Rae
    Not being able to comment or ask a question in the classifieds is such a mistake in my opinion....no way to bump a ad and the search function is cumbersome to say the least. All the ads have a 30 expiration anyway so I guess you just have to cut and paste your ad before it expires and create a "New" one.....I gotta believe they could have put in filters that don't allow people to flame or bash somebody as the words or context would have prevented a post.....other websites have that very function and it keeps moderation to a minimum.
    I bought something from a well known member and other than a "Like" there is no way for me to give the seller props for a very nice rod and reel and lets face it.....if there is no feedback then how do members feel comfortable dealing with another member ?
    When Jake ( Cowman) puts up another beautiful build it really is a shame that NOBODY can comment on how clean it is.
    No background, no history, no shout outs.....nothing except a "UpVote"....I've been watching the classifieds everyday and the traffic is so down it looks like a deadzone or as non used as the "Vintage Fishing Gear" which nobody knows what qualifies as "Vintage"....Example....Newell Reels are used everyday by people in SoCal and they get bought everyday in SoCal yet they are "Vintage"....Why ?....Because they aren't made anymore ?.....Gold Shimano Trinidad Reels fall under the same idea or original Torium reels or Oringinal Penn Torque Reels....100,200 or 300 Torque X or the Black Torque series....I could go on and on but thats what it is in 2021.....I wish they would have not done a "Vintage" forum and had made a seperate "Want to Buy" forum instead.....Sellers would be happy because their ad would not get buried by all of the "Want to Buy" ads and a seperate forum would drive traffic for the good....I know I would be checking the "Want to Buy" forum everyday because I may have something that I had not posted and somebody was looking for.....visit two forums instead one on cluttered one would be a good thing....especially if you had to put in an actual location to cut down on the time wasted because a buyer or seller is out of the area....Buyer doesn't want to drive and Seller doesn't want to ship.

I hope the owners don't take this the wrong way because I say this and hope it's taken as constructive and in a way that continues to make BD a daily destination for many of us....I know as long BD is up and running....I'll be here unless one of two things happen....I run afoul of BD and get banished which I don't see happening....it could I guess but why or that nightly train called " When all is said and done" pulls out and I'm on it. ;)

Y'all have a great day and get inspired

Yellowtail Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Excel, American Angler
    The member with the most downvotes before the next "upgrade" wins:finger:

Shit I won this one hands down, ZZZZ got drunk and got his panties in a wad and went back and down voted 20 of my posts the other night. Signed in Sat morning and had 23 alerts and was like WTF. Maybe I'll get a sticker in the mail for winning

• Dislike
    Reactions: ZZZZZ and Status007

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
    Admin
    Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    The classifieds were out of the box, default. We are spending the money to have them coded for comments. The ad owner will be able to moderate his ad and comments.

Titan is a little out of the times. There is no more vintage section.

Locations on the ad lists is being added as is region prefixes that are sortable using the filter.

Not worried about advertising or traffic. It always is all whacky after an upgrade. Working on the UI from feedback from everyone.

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
    Nov 7, 2005
    Chula Vista
    Name
    Rich
    Boat
    One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
    I can’t find the new ads, just the Old Closed ads

Reactions: RalphS and flytie