buschcrawler

Make life happen, chase the dream
Sep 25, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Messinaroundfishingcharters.com
Name
Mathew Messing
Boat
New: Messin' Arouind/ 2019 Defiance San Juan 250 Old: The Wanderer/ 26' Angler 2500wa cuddy
This is the first post I've made on this wonderful site. Just wanted to say hats off to the San Diego offshore fishery. You guys have some amazing fishing going on down here. I grew up Salmon fishing in Washington state and have been trying to expand my knowledge and tactics moving to the offshore scene. So far I've been able to knock a few fish off of my wish list but I'm still chasing those yellow and blue fin tuna. I've been putting in almost every weekend North West of the 9 in between the 182. I've seen tuna next to the boat but just couldn't connect. not much life last Sunday in the mid 9 and a couple miles west with 71deg. water. Pulled up a couple bonito on the 9 a few weeks ago and that big yellowtail off of point Loma. I ended up picking up a 2003 Angler 2500wa 26' while I'm down here. I usually have a spot or 2 open on the weekends and just wanted to put an invite out there to any experienced offshore guys that might want a ride and to share a little knowledge with a fellow fish freak. Thanks for giving this a read and tight lines to all you fish freaks out there. Fish on!!!!!

dorado.jpg bonita.jpg yellowtail.jpg sheephead.jpg

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
Welcome to BD If your ever headed out during the week I would be up for it, to much of a crowd on the weekend. good luck

Upvote 0

kuyamonster

I only wishes to catch some fishes...
May 14, 2009
San Diego/Tacoma USA
Name
Marcel
Boat
Limited load cattle car
Welcome to the madness of BD. You went backwards compared to me, Mathew. SD is still home but I live in the PNW now. Well versed in SD offshore scene and know the drill so may hit you up with a PM when I'm in town next week. Decent bull dodo there and a slug YT pulls harder than a salmon overall, right?!? Stay amped and bent...

Upvote 0

buschcrawler

Sep 25, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Name
Mathew Messing
Boat
New: Messin' Arouind/ 2019 Defiance San Juan 250 Old: The Wanderer/ 26' Angler 2500wa cuddy
Welcome to the madness of BD. You went backwards compared to me, Mathew. SD is still home but I live in the PNW now. Well versed in SD offshore scene and know the drill so may hit you up with a PM when I'm in town next week. Decent bull dodo there and a slug YT pulls harder than a salmon overall, right?!? Stay amped and bent...
love the pull some of these fish have down here. Very addictive!!!!!

Reactions: Pgnracr
Upvote 0

buschcrawler

Sep 25, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Name
Mathew Messing
Boat
thought I'd throw a pic of the boat up. can't wait to get the deck covered in blood!! heading out Sunday at 5am going to swing by the north 9 to see if anything is happening then head over either to 181 or 182 or somewhere in between.

myboat.jpg

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Welcome Bro!!! You will find for the most part great helpful guys on here!!! I like many fish a lot!!! I m more into the big BFT. Personally I m not into 10 lb yft. But if never caught tuna it's fun. No doubt. I'm just aLR guy so I catch a cow usually every Jan on RR3. So tough to kill babies. But when in Rome. Eat up they do taste great. If you ever need help hit me up. I own a Bertram 31. Plus fish with buddies.

Reactions: buschcrawler
Upvote 0

buschcrawler

Sep 25, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Name
Mathew Messing
Boat
Welcome Bro!!! You will find for the most part great helpful guys on here!!! I like many fish a lot!!! I m more into the big BFT. Personally I m not into 10 lb yft. But if never caught tuna it's fun. No doubt. I'm just aLR guy so I catch a cow usually every Jan on RR3. So tough to kill babies. But when in Rome. Eat up they do taste great. If you ever need help hit me up. I own a Bertram 31. Plus fish with buddies.
thanks. Everyone on here so far are some pretty stand up guys. love all the positive vibes!!! I've done some albacore fishing back in Washington and would love to hook into a big ol' BFT. right now I'm just trying to knock fish off my list instead of filling the freezer. and maybe a little sashimi on the boat!

Upvote 0

kirkmd202

Mar 26, 2011
Redondo Beach
Name
kirk
Boat
Naked Striper
Any day you don't get skunked is a good day. Hit me up to buddy boat. I prefer week days too as the crowds and idiots are harder to find. I too hate the bft this year. Around but not biting for me. So far no tuna this year but I won't quit.

Good luck.

Reactions: buschcrawler
Upvote 0