New Bait Barge SI

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by allelect, May 16, 2005.

1. Az.monkey

Az.monkey Newbie

Name:
    Karl
    Boat:
    Which one ?
    got 1 scoop form cimmaron last year during the season and at grey light we had all but maybe 20 roll on us when we got back in we talked to them and they gave us a certificate for a free scoop ( didn't use it ) Saturday may 14th ( last sat ) got a killer 1/2 scoop of mixed from EB as it was a shake down with no real intention to go long and watched them offload a new batch of fresh bait that the weekenders got :o

2. Hookster

Hookster Newbie

Name:
    Kervin
    Boat:
    Invader
    I don't mind helping out the small guy. His operation is okay when he's up and running. All businesses have their Pro's and Con's. His bait has rolled on me before, but so have EB. Like someone said " I don't really need bait to catch feesh anyway"! LOL and I do like the shorter waits, 15 bucks a scoop price, and the frequent buyer program which entitles me to a free fifth or sixth scoop free! I can dig it!!! The last time I visited him which he were still operating at the mouth, he actually had a barge that cured his bait. No more handling buckets from the boat. Oh well I feel em, gotta start somewhere! Hell I bought my first fixer upper boat by picking up cans, cutting grass, pulling tobacco, shoveling cow shit, and you name it. LOL Hell he must be getting some business, he now have a barge, next he will be expanding to other bays. I like comp! Hell I thought about starting my own bait operation at the Islands. Probably way cheaper to operate in Mexico, and plus we will run the bait to you from 50 miles out for a descent price. Anyone want to go in with me? :D

3. Jason

Jason I break stuff @ BD Admin

Name:
    Jason
    Last season he was the only one with minimacs when those swordies/marlin were going off... ;)

4. squirtis

squirtis master baiter

Name:
    Curtis
    Boat:
    none
    Hey, turn left as it is like 2 minutes out of the way, and when you blast past EB with ten boats in line you are golden. 15 bucks a scoop and 5 or 6 th time free is a great deal. Let's give the new guy a chance to get off his feet..

Remember competition keeps the prices down and the quality up....

Monopolies suck ((( Unless their your's ))) :) :) :)

5. Mots

Mots Aka..."Un Reel"

Name:
    Mots
    Boat:
    UnReel 25' Wellcraft
    Been wanting to try that guy, sounds like he's gotten alot better than when he 1st started out.

6. Kurt

Kurt Mistadobalina

Name:
    Kurt
    Boat:
    %%%%%
    Anyone know his hours of ops?

7. Reel Trouble

Reel Trouble SooooPlame

Name:
    Mr. G
    Boat:
    24' Balo & 18'cc Darth Invader
    I believe 24/7 in the summer months, like someone mentioned he sleeps in that shed like thing.

8. gernsey

gernsey [img]http://www.bloodydec

Puerto Vallarta Mexico and Channel Islands Ca.
    Name:
    Matt Gerns
    Boat:
    36' uniflite pilot"fresh one",21' anderson greenuogh "Liv alittle"
    FYI,Berrnie is set up in a new location and has 4 big wells in the harbor island basin.The same basin as the sport fleet.The good news is he's 15 feet from my stern.Its peer 8 at driscolls commercial docks.You will see his setup 300yards past the 5mph bouy on the right hand side.The bait cures up real nice in the calm basin.Gernsey

9. pierguy

pierguy Newbie

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    25' Farallon Whaleback Pilot- "REEL UP"
    Good news on the improvements, does the mom still have that little doggie when she comes up to the ramps? She's fun to talk to just before launching off, sometimes sounding one's own mom...." please better be careful out there, hope you guys get some nice fishes", "it's chilly out there, wear something more warm", "heard the yellowtails are close by now"....etc...

10. Can't Parker

Can't Parker Me

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    2530 Parker
    Won't use him. Been with EB for 37 years, still there, still good quality, flat price.

OPEN 365 DAYS A YEAR!

11. Sofia Rose

Sofia Rose Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Lee Maio
    Boat:
    37' Riviera
    I'd go to him if he was in MB.
    The new guys on the barge there have an attitude.
    I have purchased a shit load of bait from them and always tipping them $5 to $10 depending on how much I take.
    They've seen me twice a week when the seasons on for the past 5 years.
    I'm not asking for much.
    A smile now and then would be nice.
    And a little care when passing the net. Those guys put too much bait in the net so that they don't have to make any extra passes. The bait get traumatized from the net to my tank.
    My 2 cents