Not open for further replies.

NextMikeSays

Oct 23, 2017
SoCal
Name
Mike
Boat
No boat
Do we know when will these rods be available for purchase? I would like to pull on some of them.
You need the supply working first so gotta wait to Gavin is eventually kicked out to stop the welfare checks and then stores need to feel safe from Grab and Dash crimes so DAs like SF Anti-Cop Chesa Boudin need to be booted as well.

Reactions: sab35263
Upvote 0

tunanorth

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Updated supply chain news:
These rods will not be in stores until mid-February at the earliest.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: dunku and sab35263
Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Will you have any of these at the Sac ISE show next week? Really want to check out the XX-Heavy...

I will definitely have the XXH [80-130 model].

Upvote 0

Rkgr

Aug 7, 2018
SF Bay
Name
Richard
Boat
N/A
Steve will the Guadalupe Special be at Sacramento? Also, did they put the undesirable notches on the foregrip? Will anyone have any for sale there?

Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Steve will the Guadalupe Special be at Sacramento? Also, did they put the undesirable notches on the foregrip? Will anyone have any for sale there?

I will have mine at the show [plain wrap colors], but AFAIK, none are available yet at retail.
No notches in the Carnage III "West-Coast" or "Inshore" series, but they will still be present in the Carnage III "Boat" and "Jig" series.

R
Rkgr
Drove 2 hours to Sacramento and no Carnage 3 rods were there. It's very disappointing to make the effort and find out there are no demos in a set for the shows.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Will you have any of these at the Sac ISE show next week? Really want to check out the XX-Heavy...

Come by the booth at the Sacramento ISE Show, and I will have a pretty good supply of PENN-logo "sun-buffs" [I guess no longer acceptable as covid masks] which I am giving away free.

Upvote 0

Almud

Jan 3, 2015
Name
Almud
Boat
Wish I Had One
Thinking about slotting a rod/reel between current Avet HX Raptor Okuma PCH XXXh and VISX 20 / Black Hole 7’ Giant. Should I consider the Carnage XXXH with VISX 16 or Carnage XXXXH with VISX 20 that I own and get the VISX 16 for my BH Giant? Any other suggestion? Maybe just go with what I have?

Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Thinking about slotting a rod/reel between current Avet HX Raptor Okuma PCH XXXh and VISX 20 / Black Hole 7’ Giant. Should I consider the Carnage XXXH with VISX 16 or Carnage XXXXH with VISX 20 that I own and get the VISX 16 for my BH Giant? Any other suggestion? Maybe just go with what I have?

Lots of room for personal preference in there, but assuming you already have a "medium frame" reel [HXR] the next "must have" step up is definitely the 16VISX, which fishes best on the Carnage III 80-130 rail rod.
The next step up from the 16VISX is indeed the 20VISX, which goes well on the Carnage III 80-150 model.
The gap between HXR and 20VISX is pretty wide, so that 16VISX combo should be a priority IMO.

Reactions: Almud
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.