New 2018 Parker 2320

Discussion in 'Parker Boats - The Tradition Continues' started by Bmoore1975, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Bmoore1975

Bmoore1975 Member

Name:
    Brad
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    Thanks ! Yep that was South Shore.

2. hatt

hatt Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    Parker 1801
    Billy, are you going to do a build thread for your new rig? Would love to watch everything come together.

3. Fishingguy

Fishingguy I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    Parker
    Brad, Im sincerely sorry for thread jacking.... not my intention...ill go start my own thread. You have a beautiful boat and thanks for the inspiration for my build.

Yes..I think I will start it end of week as all my parts are coming...tower, electronics, etc....

RideMX4life21, |HEX| and chaser5539 like this.
  4. Bmoore1975

Bmoore1975 Member

Name:
    Brad
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    No worries I’ve enjoyed all the banter. Best of luck with the build !!

Fishingguy likes this.
  5. Fishingguy

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    Parker
    :))

Brad quick question...you plan on changing prop or adding permatrim?

RideMX4life21 likes this.
  6. Bmoore1975

Bmoore1975 Member

Name:
    Brad
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    I'm sticking with the SWS II 17 pitch that comes stock. It's a great all around prop with good fuel economy. A lot of the guys in the Northwest swear by the OFS4 15 pitch for rough water / heavy loads, but have not tried it. The SWS props are great and have the SDS shift dampening hub so are very smooth. I've heard some guys complain of prop chatter when switching the OFS4 which I didn't want to hear. I have not installed Permatrim. I wanted to use the boat for a season and maybe hop on someone else's ride that had one installed before drilling holes in my new engine. I can tell you that I have NEVER heard a bad review of them and everyone that has installed one has said that it helps keep the bow down and plane off at slower speeds. Overall it sounds like it's pretty legit and I may do it one day, but in no hurry.

Maycrafto and RideMX4life21 like this.
  7. vipertom1970

vipertom1970 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    will the dealer void the warranty if you drill holes for Permatrim ?

8. Fishingguy

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    Parker
    Appreciate the feedback! Love the detailed response. I would say im on the same level with you..... I do however wouldnt mind .2-.4 improvement. On the same page on the permatrim as well. My last parker with the 225 def needed it as there were times I had trouble planing...... just going to ride this next one stock for a month or two and see what I can assess.

great question... I dont know but would like to know

Bmoore1975 likes this.
  9. Maycrafto

Maycrafto Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    cc
    hey Brad,

i have the same setup as you. the first couple trips out with the 300 and no permatrim, you definitely had to give it a bit more gas to get on plane. after installing it, it was a HUGE difference in how the boat handled. it easily gets on plane and stops the porpoising. it's always scary drilling through a new motor, but the end result was a huge plus in the ride so im happy.

overall, the stock SWS 17p blade is a great all around setup. the next upgrade might be getting the 4 blade (merc rev 4) that everyone has been switching to in the other thread. like billy said, saving that .2-.4mpg would be very nice. although the PNW guys swear by the 15P prop, they still get 2.0-2.2. It seems that guys in cali are using the merc rev4 17P and are getting a consistent 2.2-2.4.

RideMX4life21, Surg and Bmoore1975 like this.
  10. Bmoore1975

Bmoore1975 Member

Name:
    Brad
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    Thanks Chris. That's great feedback about the Permatrim. I was looking into the Rev 4 until I started reading a bunch of stuff on hull truth about guys having shaft seal failures running that prop on the F300 and having to replace lower units. Please don't take my word as gospel, b/c this is all online forum chatter... but I also read where Yamaha changed their shaft seals or something and maybe no longer an issue. Either way, I'd probably call Yamaha customer service in GA. and get their thoughts on that prop just in case.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    RideMX4life21 and Maycrafto like this.
  11. Bring It On

Bring It On Bring It On Fishing

Name:
    Jason
    Boat:
    Bring It On
    No trim tab controls needed on the tower of a 23' boat IMO. You are going to get the shit beat out of you on a normal day up there cruising anything over 15 Knots .:Bawling_e . Don't Forget a 2 point harness if your thinking different. I had a 2520 Parker with tower = No Fun!. Again this is my opinion no harm attended.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Surg and Bmoore1975 like this.
  12. vipertom1970

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320 SL

According to WC Marine Permatrim will not void the warranty unless you crack the cavitation plate due to Permatrim and this is why under mount Permatrim is so important so it distributes the load evenly through out the cavitation plate vs over mount. This is one of the best upgrades for less then $175.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    Surg, RideMX4life21 and Bmoore1975 like this.
  13. Surg

Surg Expert Marine Electronics

Name:
    Sergio
    Boat:
    25' Monterey
    I love the hull color.
    Nice rig.

14. Surg

Surg Expert Marine Electronics

Name:
    Sergio
    Boat:
    25' Monterey
    Can you please post pics of the wiring behind your dash?

15. Nick Boone

Nick Boone Newbie

Name:
    Nick Boone
    Boat:
    Parker 2520XLD "BooneTang"
    Beautiful rig! Kevin is the man

RideMX4life21 and Bmoore1975 like this.
  16. djam

djam Member

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    Parker 2320 (Terabite)
    After some debate I purchased a Permatrim for my 2017 Parker 2320 w/300hp. I've only taken the boat out once since it was installed and it was a fairly rough day. All I can say is I love the way it changes the ride on my boat, the backend of the boat rides better and I didn't have to use the trim tabs at all. I'm getting about the same mileage as before 2.4 ish with 1/2 bait tank and full fuel. The boat definitely planes at a lower speed. I only got the boat up to 38mp at 4800 rpms (or about that). Not sure if it impacts my top end speed or real fuel mileage. We stayed local and only put about 22 miles total on the boat. The boat rides so much smoother, less pounding and considering how rough it was out I can only hope it to be even better on a smooth day.

17. Jmart233

Jmart233 Member

Name:
    Joe Martin
    Boat:
    2016 Parker 2320 Sport Cabin
    Can you post some pics of it installed?

18. A-K

A-K Member

Name:
    Aaron
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    Very easy install. You will need a right angle drill for the forward 2 fasteners.

My bow stays down in the slop/chop. It will also crest over the swells more gracefully.

Some guys have reported a little better fuel economy, but I haven’t really paid that attention to that.

The hardest part is bringing yourself to drill into a new 300.

AFFD6C50-D659-42D4-A4A5-482DE708B597.jpeg

Bmoore1975 and |HEX| like this.
  19. Jmart233

Jmart233 Member

Name:
    Joe Martin
    Boat:
    2016 Parker 2320 Sport Cabin
    That’s what I’m saying. Drilling into a new motor...... what was the part number that you bought and where did you purchase it? Thanks for your help.

20. vipertom1970

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    my new Parker will be here July and Permatrim will be my very first addition. On my last installation, the fist thing was to find the center on the back of the cavation plate and the center of the Permatrim, line them up then space out the hole patern from there. I used cheap litte clamps from HD to temporary clamp them together. I don't recommend pre-drilling all the holes at the same time because they usually don't line up correctly.
    Note I only hand tight the SS because the drill could easily strip the SS head and yes I learned the hard way. You could also the get right angle drill bid from Harbor Freight for cheap.