New 2018 Parker 2320 Build

Discussion in 'Parker Boats - The Tradition Continues' started by RideMX4life21, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Crash

Crash Member

Name:
    Robert Young
    Boat:
    20' Skippy
    Life is Good... enjoy!

RideMX4life21 likes this.
  2. SCspearin

SCspearin Newbie

Name:
    Jake
    Boat:
    Parker 2120
    Bad ass ride!!

3. FknChristopH

FknChristopH Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Christoph
    Boat:
    FAT Cat / RIP Icon
    Very clean, love the color! congrats!

4. RideMX4life21

RideMX4life21 Slay'n Tail

Name:
    Dustin
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320
    Final Update:
    I couldn’t be happier with my 2018 Parker 2320 “A-Salt Weapon”...I’ve had her home in San Diego for a couple of weeks now. I’ve been out to the Coronado’s, all over the offshore banks, and SCI numerous times since. Honestly, I’m blown away with the fishability, range, and fuel economy of this boat!

Here’s the bottom line...it doesn’t matter if you’re just starting to entertain the idea of buying a new or used Parker, or if you’ve been considering it for some time now...give Kevin Kelly a call at West Coast Marine! Talk about superior customer service, Kevin and the crew at West Coast Marine have the concept dialed. Stop by and check out Kevin’s lot in Newport Beach area.

Dave Lawson and his crew at Seaside Marine Electronics in Costa Mesa did all my electronics and wiring. I have nothing but great things to say about these guys. In my opinion, Dave knows marine electronics better than anyone in the business. His attention to detail reflects in the “clean” install work his crew does. Everything installed performs absolutely flawlessly....65 gallon bait tank/main pump & back-up pump, (3) Simrad NSS9 Evo3’s, Simrad S5100 module, dual ducers Airmar B175HW & B175L, Simrad AP44 autopilot & remote, Simrad 4G radar, Rigid Lighting foredeck & spreader lights, SeaBlazeX underwater lighting, on-board Pro Tournament 240 marine battery charger, (3) Lifeline AGM group 27 batteries, etc.

Custom folding tower was built by Tony Greyshock & crew at Fishing Boats Unlimited in Costa Mesa. I ran a light grey upholstery to match the hull color, custom Yeti cup holders, some extra light tabs for my Rigid lights, and 17 rocket launchers with enough spacing for the 50W yummy rods. Had two extra rod holders welded to the bow rail for quick jig stick access. Like most custom fab stuff built from scratch, it’s a work in progress and things get figured out along the way. FBU worked with me the entire way to get the tower dialed in perfectly. They do great work, tower came out exactly how I wanted it.

The fuel economy & power that the 300HP Yamaha produces is fantastic. In normal conditions, I’m running to the grounds comfortably at 25-28mph loaded down and easily getting a 2.5mpg average.

If I could have done anything differently, I honestly would’ve added the tower controls upfront. It’s a significant chunk of change to add them, but it’s the only upgrade I plan to add this off-season.
    Hey...it’s only money! :beerbang:
    67DAA17C-A7E1-4B76-BB60-BA0A31EFD843.jpeg D9E193CB-9303-469D-9A0D-644F2CF5B936.jpeg 4380DB5B-0A79-40CC-ACAE-6F3AF4C919F3.jpeg D81FF459-5412-4955-856D-FD50B7A8B9A5.jpeg
    F982FCFF-C8EA-453E-863C-5EDB6833F6B8.jpeg 5BA320C7-6F8D-45D3-94AE-DE4666742583.jpeg 5242AF8A-B03E-4E5B-8BB0-4BC04A1DC764.jpeg 12F1C20F-EE50-4C54-887A-CFB1AD44D0C5.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    EntropyFletch and FHisherman like this.
  5. vipertom1970

vipertom1970 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    Sim Yamaha has a new batch of Permatrim came in yesterday and you might want to look into. It’s the best upgrade just for little money and according to Kevin, it will not void the warranty.

6. RideMX4life21

Name:
    Dustin
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320
    Both Kevin and Tony @ FBU actually talked me out of the Permatrim and said for longevity of the lower unit they wouldn’t recommend it. I was told a 4-blade prop would be a better upgrade. The 2320 also has adjustable trim tabs. I’ve had no trouble getting up & out of the hole loaded down, and my mileage isn’t too far off of par from what I’ve heard guys with Permatrim are getting. If you decide to install it on your boat, let me know what you think — Would like to hear the feedback.

vipertom1970 likes this.
  7. Long Beach Bob

Long Beach Bob Member

Name:
    Bob Ballew
    Boat:
    2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
    Tthanks for sharing....couple of suggestions....keep the inside window frames waxed...salt air plays hell with them in a couple of seasons; tilt horns with a tapered block under them so salt spray drains out; install a plastic or ss strip under the anchor eye or it will rub thru the fiberglass and/or leave rust on the plank. I ss clamped my fire estinguisher on the seat support pole to keep it handy and out of the way...I also thru bolted a 3/4 x 4" wood strip below the top of each bunk so I could drop in a ply platform and foam pad that is level with the entry floor to sleep a third person...comes in handy when your crew is up all nite running or netting squid....and start falling asleep on YOUR bunk....;) See you on the tuna grounds!

7raptor, RideMX4life21 and 805mike like this.
  8. rsrutkowski

rsrutkowski Rick

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Parker 2320 SC....Omega lll
    Djam...I'm in the east marina..Island F dock..I am not expecting any issues w marina folks as measured a new boat w/o pulpit and it is within slip limits...
    Dustin...Why did you go w Simrad 5500 ..I hear it helps w resolution but I don't know enuf about them..Never used it
    Please advise
    Tnx....my tower is on and now to Kevin's for David to do his magic

9. RideMX4life21

Name:
    Dustin
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320
    To my understanding, the S5100 module is like an amplifier for your ducer(s). The Evo3 NSS9 units are a little underpowered for the Airmar B175HW & B175L ducers I'm running. The targeting and clarity of my sonar is insane with the 5100 module -- It's a couple thousand dollar upgrade, but worth every penny in my opinion!

10. RideMX4life21

Name:
    Dustin
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320
    Good suggestions. I like you idea for the 3rd person bunk...thanks

11. rsrutkowski

rsrutkowski Rick

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Parker 2320 SC....Omega lll
    Dustin
    I'll have the same ducers as you w 3 evo3s...asked David to put a S5100 in for me...can't take $$$ it with you..
    I'm also playing around w my bench seat...moving towards midline of boat ( will give about 16-18 " of space behind seat for removable shelves that will hold plano boxes) and will modify backrest to give more depth to seat so can use as a bunk..hope to be able to use backrest as filler for more bunk width...Will add extension to forward end of bench seat that folds down when not in use...will post in the fall when involved in modification

12. Holi-e-Mackeral

Holi-e-Mackeral Holi-e-Mackeral

Name:
    Jeff
    Boat:
    Royal Polaris - sold the boat
    Your boat looks fantastic... you have done a great job of outfitting it..

Now, if you want every possible upgrade (regardless of cost).. there are two more items for you to consider.

https://www.seakeeper.com/performance/

You can add a FLIR for running at night and a Seakeeper...

Tight lines,

Jeff

13. Shewillbemine

Shewillbemine "should of" is NOT a thing

Name:
    Shewillbemine
    Boat:
    Chips N Guac
    Really stupid question and please note I'm not trying to start anything. It's going into my research into Parker sales and setups.

Why get the rigging done at other places when it "looks like" West Coast Marine offers those services?

Thanks.

14. RideMX4life21

Name:
    Dustin
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320
    West Coast Marine is a dealership and service center. They don’t fabricate custom towers, etc. Kevin Kelly at West Coast Marine has all the connections with the third party guys who do all the accessories installation and rig your new Parker the way you want it.

Shewillbemine likes this.
  15. Shewillbemine

Shewillbemine "should of" is NOT a thing

Name:
    Shewillbemine
    Boat:
    Chips N Guac
    Thanks, that sort of clarifies things.

Their website clearly states they do a lot of rigging including towers, bait tanks and electronics, but perhaps what they mean is they can refer to all the other professionals.

16. RideMX4life21

Name:
    Dustin
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320
    West Coast Marine rigs more Parker boats than anyone on the west coast. I would advise calling Kevin Kelly and talk to him about rigging yours as it will clear up any confusion. Kevin has all the contacts and will help guide you — He is a great guy to know if you’re a Parker owner!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Shewillbemine likes this.
  17. fishnfool32

fishnfool32 Newbie

Name:
    tom payne
    Boat:
    20 monterey
    Bad ass rig ! Congrats ..

18. SC_HAMACHI

SC_HAMACHI Newbie

Name:
    Kyle
    Boat:
    Hamachi 2
    What kind of fuel numbers are you seeing with the 300? Boat is looking really good!!

19. RideMX4life21

Name:
    Dustin
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320
    I'm averaging roughly 2-2.5mpg with a stock 3-blade prop and no permatrim. I've found that my "sweet spot" in the RPM range is 4000-4300, which averages 23-28+mph depending on conditions. Curious to know what guys are getting out of the 300 with 4-blade props & permatrim....

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  20. 7raptor

7raptor happy to be here

Name:
    yup
    Boat:
    A Big One
    When you say to keep the inside of the window frames waxed, do you mean the rubber gaskets? What type of wax?