Needed: Experienced Aluminum Welder in Orange County

nickarino

Jul 20, 2012
Huntington Beach
Name
Nick
Boat
23' Sea Ox
My 16ft skiff has sprung two leaks right on the seam between the hull and the transom. They both are exactly where the boat sits on the trailer bunks. Does anyone have any recommendations for an experienced aluminum welder in the OC to get it fixed? Thanks
1ACQ6Hjn5osfw4C5A

Upvote 0

Ed Y

Sep 19, 2003
Huntington Beach
Name
Ed
Boat
BW Montauk 170
You can probably give Trade Wind Inflatables a call.. They handle Klamath and Bayrunner boats and can probably recommend someone.

Upvote 0

nickarino

Jul 20, 2012
Huntington Beach
Name
Nick
Boat
23' Sea Ox
Ed Y, thanks for your suggestion, I tried it and it seemed promising. They referred me to someone, who in turn said he doesn't do it. I am finding out as I search around that aluminum welding is rather challenging and not everyone does it. Anyone know about these guys:

http://www.americanweldingoc.com/services.html

called them, and the owner said he would look at it, but seemed kinda reluctant honestly.

Upvote 0

beerman1

Almost A Member
Jul 14, 2014
OC
Name
eric
Boat
triumph 17 CC
Do not use JB weld if you ever intend on rewelding the seam in the future. Aluminum has to be damn clean to weld it. Once JB gets into the seam, it will have to be gouged out with a carbide rotary bit to remove everything down to clean metal. Looking at the pics,it looks like a fairly cheap weld job (if nothing has been put on it) I'd do it for you, but I sold my TIG machine a coupla years ago. Good luck man.

Upvote 0

GOFAST88

WORKHARD-FISHHARD
Sep 8, 2012
Murrieta
Name
Tyler
Boat
14' Livingston
Hey if you want to tow it to Murrieta I can fix you up... send me a PM and I can give you my contact. I have a miller syncrowave 250 tig.... both side of the crack should be thoroughly cleaned and welded.

Reactions: hbouldin1216
Upvote 0

divegod1

AKA "unidentified angler"
Jan 24, 2007
HOT!
Name
Michael
Boat
next one i'm on...
nice lil boat

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Steward Daye

Oct 25, 2014
Name
Hotel California
Boat
Robalo
My 16ft skiff has sprung two leaks right on the seam between the hull and the transom. They both are exactly where the boat sits on the trailer bunks. Does anyone have any recommendations for an experienced aluminum welder in the OC to get it fixed? Thanks
1ACQ6Hjn5osfw4C5A
1ACQ6Hjn5osfw4C5A
Hey Nick there is a welder I know in Costa Mesa really good guy call me tomorrow Monday August 1st I have the number in my office if you are interested.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
im a ways from you but can do it. pm me if interested, im in hemet BTW.

as stated above. dont jb weld it. get it welded. in my eyes a proper job would be drill the ends of crack to eliminate stress in the material and keep it from coming back, clean mechanically and then chemically on both sides, then weld it up.

Upvote 0