Tifoso

Chinook,halibut,lings,bottom fish&everything else
Jul 25, 2016
norCal (central valley)
Name
Lou
Boat
🚤
Before we go and do major updates / graphic changes, etc I need some feedback.
Feel free to DM/PM/Email me direct if you don't want to put it in public. [email protected]

Politics policy? Back to no politics? My problem with them is they divide and that's not what fishing or hunting is about. But every other platform allows it worse than we do. Do I keep the traffic? Make a new forum just for politics that doesn't show up in new posts unless you are subscribed to it?

Posting - How can we make it easier?

What would entice a new member to post? Contests?

Do you guys think you would enjoy a points program? Posting points, viral points, etc. Get enough points for free BD hats or shirts.

Do you enjoy getting "likes" on your posts?

We will have a mobile app coming out later this year. That's a whole other discussion but for the time being what can be fixed or changed with the current mobile layout?

Are you able to find the sections and posts you are looking for? Do we need to figure out a better way to list the forum sections?
Contests open only to registered members or newly registered members. The March (as an example) BD New Member Giveaway. For February new joins, obviously.
The giveaway wouldn’t have to be huge: a BloodyDecks filet knife,pocket knife, hat,t-shirt: anything that isn’t region specific (ie, winning a set of dorado lures would be cool, but worthless to say, a NorCal guy thinking of joining).
Over to you. :)

Upvote 0

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    Contests open only to registered members or newly registered members. The March (as an example) BD New Member Giveaway. For February new joins, obviously.
    The giveaway wouldn’t have to be huge: a BloodyDecks filet knife,pocket knife, hat,t-shirt: anything that isn’t region specific (ie, winning a set of dorado lures would be cool, but worthless to say, a NorCal guy thinking of joining).
    Over to you. :)

OK I'll change it from ATD's, Raptors, VISX and Coolers to pocket knifes, coozies and stickers.

Upvote 0

Tifoso

Chinook,halibut,lings,bottom fish&everything else
    Jul 25, 2016
    norCal (central valley)
    Name
    Lou
    Boat
    🚤
    OK I'll change it from ATD's, Raptors, VISX and Coolers to pocket knifes, coozies and stickers.
    Haha!
    I wasn’t sure you could afford that big a give away every month.
    Yetis, Penn rods, waterfowling multilayer jackets and Glen Morangie it is, then. :D

Upvote 0

mike mitchell

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jul 25, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Michael Mitchell
    Boat
    20 Bertram
    I would like to know if a member has opened a PM. If I answer an ad with a PM it would be nice to know that it was opened.

Upvote 0
    Nov 7, 2020
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    none
    My input: information. All the old posts, all the old threads, that is where I found the most value on this sight (besides of course the classifieds for buying / selling great stuff). Information on rod/reel/jig values/prices. Looking up history on other member to know who you can trust w/o having met them before. What boats to go on/not go on. Etc. Information is way more important that getting points to earn gimmick prizes.

I don’t mind the politics stuff. But it is nice if it is on specified threads and is not in the classified ads.

I found the general and vintage classifieds, but where is the link to the used rod & reel classifieds?

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
    Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    My input: information. All the old posts, all the old threads, that is where I found the most value on this sight (besides of course the classifieds for buying / selling great stuff). Information on rod/reel/jig values/prices. Looking up history on other member to know who you can trust w/o having met them before. What boats to go on/not go on. Etc. Information is way more important that getting points to earn gimmick prizes.

I don’t mind the politics stuff. But it is nice if it is on specified threads and is not in the classified ads.

I found the general and vintage classifieds, but where is the link to the used rod & reel classifieds?

Please start here. https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/t...w-features-and-changes-explained-here.769128/

• Dislike
    Reactions: ZZZZZ

calbrewguy

Jul 12, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Randy
    Boat
    None
    Before we go and do major updates / graphic changes, etc I need some feedback.
    Feel free to DM/PM/Email me direct if you don't want to put it in public. [email protected]

Politics policy? Back to no politics? My problem with them is they divide and that's not what fishing or hunting is about. But every other platform allows it worse than we do. Do I keep the traffic? Make a new forum just for politics that doesn't show up in new posts unless you are subscribed to it?

Posting - How can we make it easier?

What would entice a new member to post? Contests?

Do you guys think you would enjoy a points program? Posting points, viral points, etc. Get enough points for free BD hats or shirts.

Do you enjoy getting "likes" on your posts?

We will have a mobile app coming out later this year. That's a whole other discussion but for the time being what can be fixed or changed with the current mobile layout?

Are you able to find the sections and posts you are looking for? Do we need to figure out a better way to list the forum sections?
    Please maintain a pro 1st amendment policy. If one doesn't like a thread one doesn't have to visit it. Censorship sucks. I like "Likes".

kayakbeast33

Haven't posted enough yet
  • Mar 9, 2012
    buena park CA
    Name
    steven
    Boat
    Almost time
    Can we gets comments in classifieds back? That's how I got half of my stuff... when someone would post a wtb and several members reached out and said they had one. Same with the ability to bump or let others know that you lowered the price. I don't want to scroll through all 9 or 10 pages to see if stuff sold because the bumps came to the top.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
  • Apr 24, 2005
    in the Hood
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Franks ho
    I can see progress everyday. Forums get added, functions make more sense.
    Updates are a fact of life. Otherwise we'd all still be using Windows XP. And driving Edsels.

Reactions: One_Leg

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat
    uh....
    I can see progress everyday. Forums get added, functions make more sense.
    Updates are a fact of life. Otherwise we'd all still be using Windows XP. And driving Edsels.
    Windows XP worked decent, and Edsels were revolutionary (for their time) but that toilet seat grill had to GO!