stank

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 16, 2005
Bangkok
Name
Dave
Boat
None
if someone is selling something I want and think is a good value, what do I care how many post they have?

Should people also be disallowed from buying anything without a minimum number of “qualifying” posts?

It’s either an open forum or it’s not. The problem with moderation it that it is subjective. If you’re going to say no politics, who defines what’s political?

Upvote 0

Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2017
La Mirada/Whittier
Name
Logan
Boat
Wanting a bigger boat
Keep the politics, they are in a seperate forum so its kept away from fishing based stuff.

Create a way to delete threads such as a classified thread or any generic thread you create.

Fix the filters when searching topics. IE; if i search up :penn international 16 visx it bringss up everything from 2010 to 2021, like I ain't buying a reel from 2010 cause I sure as hell know it isnt aorudn no more.

Maybe make a way to delete comments under your OWN post or thread? Like if I post a fish report and some Keyboard warrior gets all pissy, make it so we could delete those?

Reactions: Jason
Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
Or perhaps a threshold of "likes" to weed out the guys that post a bunch of crap just to "earn" the privilege of making classified posts. Better yet, some kind of ratio, so that their classified posting is incidental and not their primary purpose for posting.
I like where your head is at.

Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
if someone is selling something I want and think is a good value, what do I care how many post they have?

Because most of them come in post-up their wares w/o reading the rules. Then the BD tough guys bash them for doing so and then are gone after they get their sale.

Upvote 0

popx5

Almost A Member
Jun 27, 2008
7000'
Name
Tom
Boat
Montauk
Kinda hard not to have politics discussed on an outdoor related forum when every time you turn around the fucking Democrats are trying to ban hunting (most recently bears), take your guns (most recently HR 127) and restrict fishing (MLPA). How do you not discuss that?

Upvote 0

stank

May 16, 2005
Bangkok
Name
Dave
Boat
None
Because most of them come in post-up their wares w/o reading the rules. Then the BD tough guys bash them for doing so and then are gone after they get their sale.

You just made a statement, you haven't answered my question.

I did not read the rules before I posted, did you?

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
So when is this BIG change going to happen ???

Some folks get upset over a color change or disagree/hesitant that fish scent flavoring can work :D Brace yourself 💪

There is now 50 photos per page in the gallery instead of 24 per page. Will make finding old unlabeled pics easier to locate, especially if a member has thousands of photos to sort through. In the past photos had to be uploaded into the gallery because there was no (attach files) button. In a way that forced the member to upload into the gallery saving the photo instead of attaching the file. Does save memory not loading into gallery. Load into the gallery and the photo is saved which is cool

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
Some folks get upset over a color change or disagree/hesitant that fish scent flavoring can work :D Brace yourself 💪

There is now 50 photos per page in the gallery instead of 24 per page. Will make finding old unlabeled pics easier to locate, especially if a member has thousands of photos to sort through. In the past photos had to be uploaded into the gallery because there was no (attach files) button. In a way that forced the member to upload into the gallery saving the photo instead of attaching the file. Does save memory not loading into gallery. Load into the gallery and the photo is saved which is cool
OKAY so what you said above have to do with my simple question to Jason....???

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
OKAY so what you said above have to do with my simple question to Jason....???

Sorry that was not directed at you and just letting folks know there is more space per page in the gallery now

It had to with with. It's coming soon. I was joking about people freaking out over color changes :)

Reactions: gecsr1
Upvote 0

Antares

The popcorn police
Jul 3, 2009
San Diego/Maui
Name
Drew
Boat
29'
I would like an subscription option to remove adds like THT has.

politics can go in a separate section and should stay out of the main stream.

Reactions: Jason
Upvote 0

TOTW

Time On The Water
Dec 23, 2005
San Diego
Name
Chris L
Boat
Leo's
Thanks for asking. Keep the “likes”. They’re good for encouraging people to post.

I was always a fan of the “no politics” rule. Some people just can’t help themselves, and will cross the line no matter what, so why encourage it?

Reactions: lougio
Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
Claremont
Name
Ryan
Boat
Hobie Outback
Yeah, yeah you fucking Kook! This is the exact reason politics shouldn't be here. It's guys like this that take words and twist them into their bullshit take. And then post it over and over again until they are convinced it is true. Fucking Qanon Kook. And no I don't drink childrens' blood. Dude was pissed because he invited me to the Trump boat parade swearing he was cool. Then when I spurned his man crush he went the Pedo route on me. Total Kook.. grow up man!
Did you say... "it's only a blowjob"?

Reactions: jer dog
Upvote 0

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    Jason,

So when is this BIG change going to happen ???

You should plan on being off the site for 2 weeks sometime in early April.

Upvote 0

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
    Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    OK this is where we are so far. Don't stop the discussion... We are taking notes.

• Make it easier to find the button to start a thread. Post thread button is way right top away from all the threads. Make it easier to find, multiple places.
    • Add Political forum, disable from New posts
    • Add points system with badges and prizes (User Enable/Disable settings available)
    • More contests giving away reels and gear
    • Page Selection at top of thread as well as bottom
    • Add Ignore Forum, Ignore Post, Ignore Person and make it easily turned on/off
    • Add More Like Reactions (like, love, haha, wow, sad, rainbow, unicorn, Beiber, thumbs down)
    • Disable PM/DM's and Starting Classified Ads until reputation is built
    • Rewrite and prominently display forum rules
    • Better sorting searches on forum
    • Pay for no ads
    • BOTD

Upvote 0