Need your $.02 on BD Forums

Highwayman

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jun 25, 2015
    Name
    Sammy
    Boat
    Party Boats and Skiff
    I liked the page where you could see all the members on BD. It had a list of the most posts, most content and most likes. You could find folks real quick if you wanted to PM someone.

Also like the idea of swag. Keep the rule of only one thread per week.

Keep the politics where it is. Look or don't look, your option. Those fuckers are a train wreck, but at least they are in the same hole together.

I don't like the idea of flagging an Op for his comments. BD members police themselves just fine. Some of the best threads on here is when someone gets out of line.
    I agree with most of this. I fish with people I know so the politics is no big thing.

Upvote 0

mrkrabs

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 3, 2009
    Santee/ca/usa
    Name
    Marty
    Boat
    Lard ass
    Chihuahua-dance.gif

Upvote 0

FishinMcNuggets

I've edited enough I should section this post.
  • Oct 25, 2010
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
    Monthly derby prize for biggest measured target fish. Example January: Sand Bass. Feb:Calico. March:Red. Etc. Decide based on what's biting/in season. Throw swag and a winners shirt for longest measured fish in a posted pic. People could CPR that way. See SC surf fishing as an example.

Upvote 0

ratboy

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Nov 18, 2006
    sc
    Name
    jason
    Boat
    katie sea
    Before we go and do major updates / graphic changes, etc I need some feedback.
    Feel free to DM/PM/Email me direct if you don't want to put it in public. [email protected]

Politics policy? Back to no politics? My problem with them is they divide and that's not what fishing or hunting is about. But every other platform allows it worse than we do. Do I keep the traffic? Make a new forum just for politics that doesn't show up in new posts unless you are subscribed to it?

Posting - How can we make it easier?

What would entice a new member to post? Contests?

Do you guys think you would enjoy a points program? Posting points, viral points, etc. Get enough points for free BD hats or shirts.

Do you enjoy getting "likes" on your posts?

We will have a mobile app coming out later this year. That's a whole other discussion but for the time being what can be fixed or changed with the current mobile layout?

Are you able to find the sections and posts you are looking for? Do we need to figure out a better way to list the forum sections?
    No politics unless is directly linked to anything outdoorsy

Reactions: salty nuts
    Upvote 0

anemic

circling the drain
    Mar 6, 2004
    Long Beach
    Name
    Chuck
    Boat
    nope
    IMHO those posting "no politics" are a vocal minority who should ignore political discussions. Politics should be left out of fish reports. The traffic and ads driven to BD by political posts probably benefit BD in the long run but users need to be selective as to which posts they read and reply to.

Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    Monthly derby prize for biggest measured target fish. Example January: Sand Bass. Feb:Calico. March:Red. Etc. Decide based on what's biting/in season. Throw swag and a winners shirt for longest measured fish in a posted pic. People could CPR that way. See SC surf fishing as an example.
    This sounds fun. Could be good exposure for sponsors as well.

Reactions: FishinMcNuggets
    Upvote 0

HookEmDanO

Huhuhuge member
  • Jan 31, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Dan-O
    Boat
    1997 Trophy 2352
    The people that want political threads are those that have personal issues and need to vent on every topic they don't agree with.

the people who "quit" politics and then "quit" BD the same day are those that have personal issues and need to vent on every topic they don't agree with or "quit"
    lol.gif
    lol.gif
    lol.gif
    lol.gif
    lol.gif
    lol.gif
    lol.gif
    lol.gif

what a DA

Reactions: skrilla and jer dog
    Upvote 0