• Sep 24, 2019
    Mariposa, CA
    Name
    Wade Knupp
    Boat
    Kayak & Kickboat
    Mostly good as it is.
    Bring back BOTD!
    Hot wife - only prob with that is I'm Jealous! Start NOW! but make a way to put A-holes who mess it up for others on blast.
    Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual contests for Local Knowledge spot, swag,...

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    What about hottest partner🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈can’t leave anyone out.
    We will allow the picture of your partner in the interest of fairness,BTW you have such pretty brown fur,do you use a special conditioner?
    1612565413998.png

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat
    uh....
    I say keep politics around. I don’t like everyone’s opinion, but I think it’s important to keep up with the current events. As for me, I don’t watch the news on TV, and I find things interesting that I find here, and I usually appreciate different points of view. Politics affects us all good bad and ugly, especially those regarding fishing, hunting, or outdoor activities in general.

I do miss the contests of old, like best caption for a picture. Like one I still laugh about... a game warden is writing a ticket to a guy in a stormtrooper costume, and someone’s comment was "is that one or two S’s in Husseiny? It didn’t win the contest, but F’n hilarious!

Points? Meh

As for the current forum, I’m cool with it. Took a little getting used to with the last update, but it seems to work good.

Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
    Dec 12, 2007
    Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Yes
    Since this is a fishing and hunting site, it would be a real shame to outlaw political speech that pertains to hunting and fishing. But, that is an impossible line to draw. Shouldn't the background on appointees to DFW and Department of Interior be fair game? Shouldn't the views of those who make those appointments also be fair game? Same with gun control proposals and those that support them. Censorship is impossible to implement without being inherently arbitrary. And arbitrary rules will engender resentment, especially if they hit close to home.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    Nothing wrong with political discussion if you can handle it..Nobody here has ever been forced to participate.Make it something to subscribe to i guess.Points ? i could care less.I like things just the way they are now.

Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    So to all the non-political folks out there...
    It amazes me that every year I get hammered with Join CCA donate to CCA... That my friends is politics... The kind that takes your money and lobbies politicians.

Politics to me touches our lives in many ways... For instance California made it ok For a 21 year old to have sex with an 11 year old... And not have to go on the sex offenders list... There is a member on here openly ok with children giving adults blowjobs... Why aren't we more mad about that guy? Surely some of you are not ok with pedophilia...

The news isn't going to report on many of the effed up things... isn't going to talk about fushing bans... or how much California is sliding down the wrong path...
    If you can talk to each other you can find common ground... if you censor out certain things... all things are open to be censored... just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't affect you.

Upvote 0

stank

May 16, 2005
    Bangkok
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    None
    Politics: I like politics and think it should be left alone. If were going to do away with politics, how about let’s do away with the vulgar language and whatnot?

Posting: Posting is pretty easy now, certainly better than most sites, don’t know what you could do to make it easier.

Enticing new members to post: I think the pole threads, where you have to vote to see the count, and it redirects you to comment are cool. With contests, for every one guy that wins there’s a hundred disappointments.

Points: This gets a little slippery as I would not want guy posting just to get their numbers up to win a hat. One site includes your start date with your avatar, nother site I frequent includes both your number of posts and number of likes which is cool. They also have a “poster of the year” contest/election, which is fun.

Likes: I like the like button, but I think there should be a “not likes” as well…

Mobile app: Great news. One of the sites I frequented had one and I love it, but they ended up abandoning it. The only time I use the mobile version now is when I click on a mail link to so I cant really comment on it.

Site Map: I like the way the forums are laid out. I don’t mind when a site’s moderators take a active roll in moving threads to more appropriate sections.

That’s mine, your mileage might vary…

Reactions: plj46 and tunacraze
    Upvote 0

cozenone

Jan 25, 2020
    northwest
    Name
    joe
    Boat
    none
    Before we go and do major updates / graphic changes, etc I need some feedback.
    Feel free to DM/PM/Email me direct if you don't want to put it in public. [email protected]

Politics policy? Back to no politics? My problem with them is they divide and that's not what fishing or hunting is about. But every other platform allows it worse than we do. Do I keep the traffic? Make a new forum just for politics that doesn't show up in new posts unless you are subscribed to it?

Posting - How can we make it easier?

What would entice a new member to post? Contests?

Do you guys think you would enjoy a points program? Posting points, viral points, etc. Get enough points for free BD hats or shirts.

Do you enjoy getting "likes" on your posts?

We will have a mobile app coming out later this year. That's a whole other discussion but for the time being what can be fixed or changed with the current mobile layout?

Are you able to find the sections and posts you are looking for? Do we need to figure out a better way to list the forum sections?
    Get rid of the Political BS, when were on a hot bite this shit never comes up, and it doesn’t matter here, get back to “ No politics here, this is a fishing site” you wrote the rules.

Upvote 0

Unassailable

Professional Amateur
    Aug 26, 2009
    San Diego
    Name
    John B
    Boat
    BW
    I absolutely endorse "no politics". Its not just overly political posts, its also snarky comments added for no reason to a thread and topic that have nothing to do with politics. This is a real case of "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem". The divicevness is clear and is dividing us as fishermen, people and Americans. Let's go back to what unites us, not what divides us.

I wish I were as optimistic as Bill W, but I don't see it ending unless its enforced.

This sounds like a good compromise for people who don't get enough politics on Facebook, Reddit, etc.: Make a new forum just for politics that doesn't show up in new posts unless you are subscribed to it?

View attachment 1251049
    I like the old "no politics Rule "

I really don't give two chits on peoples opinions !

Bring back BOTD! :D

Hear, hear! Well said! Well, I do care about people's opinions....just not behind an anonymous screen name and avatar.

@Jason, I am on multiple forums and none of them allow the amount of political garbage that has manifested over the last two years here. Most just delete posts having anything to do with politics and keep the slate clean.

I like the "like" button. I'm not sure what is hard about posting and not sure what you can do to encourage new members to post. I think it's the changing climate of everyone trying to just post and follow on their own social media platform. I personally don't care for it but I think most young members do.

Thanks for your input and hope you hiring a bunch of 19 year olds for the current social media trends. I can't keep up in my business.

Reactions: lougio
    Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
    Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Keep things as is. People bitching about the political discussions must be reading them... Instead of added censorship, tell people to ignore shit they don’t like and butt the fuck out. Let the crazies continue to go at each other.

One of the best things about BD is the lack of censorship or being nannied. Y’all gave us the ignore option. Let people choose to use it.

Yes, I tire of some/most of the political rants (too many stoopid people who don’t think like me typing dumb shit 😂), so I don’t open those threads or I move off them when they bother me.

As for awards to post more... screw that. We don’t need participation trophies. Well, maybe those in Kali still do.

You guys already have the best fishing forum around. It ain’t remotely broke.

But, Vance hasn’t had his avatar screwed with for a while. That is just plain wrong!

Upvote 0

Heatmaster75

That was fast....
    Jul 20, 2019
    Western Montana
    Name
    Rather Be Fishing
    Boat
    Harbercraft
    We do not need to be protected from ourselves, Big Brother should stay out of it, Ignore or do not participate. I could care less if there are people bantering about left or right politically. I can choose not to partake in a thread if I do not want to. I am here for the info, I can talk shit to the face of my political opposite locally if I want to, or on the forum in response to a thread that makes me care too. IMO the forum is fine, better mobile would be good, focus on bringing more content instead of censorship My .02$.

Upvote 0

Tesoro

Sep 5, 2015
    Brookings, Southern Oregon
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    21 Arima Ranger 'HogFish'
    The is a small obscure section at the bottom called ' nonsense boards'. Us that post there have fun and get a laugh every day. it needs to stay there only. How can this offend the 'no politics' or no dirty jokes people? Just dont open that door and I promise I wont look at the fly fishing section!! I posted an old joke of mine called 'the san fransiscan' here and it got a few laughs. I posted the same joke on my other board I frequent (longrangehuning) and I got banned for life!! screw em if they got offended over a queer joke. we are hunters/fishermen and salty. we like satire. politics? If a liberal democrat supporter wanted to go fishing with me then great. I would kick his arse overboard way off shore.

Upvote 0

Tesoro

Sep 5, 2015
    Brookings, Southern Oregon
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    21 Arima Ranger 'HogFish'
    okay I asked melania to quit showing her lips...

_______-
    We are a very relaxed forum. Community shaped...

Anything that shows Dicks, lips, or tits is NOT OKAY on BD. Many people view this site from work.

No Politics. They are the best way to divide a community...

No kids under 13 are allowed to register on the site. Please pay attention to what your kids are viewing on the internet.

Personal threats get you banned.

Harassment gets you banned.

Arguing with a moderator gets you banned.

SPAM gets you banned.

Duplicate accounts to mess with people get you banned. (yes we can tell there are lots of tools for the forum software that we use)

Anything slanderous or libel gets removed when a mod sees it.

We discourage BASHING. Most get closed or deleted.

We do not fuck around. If removed from the website it is an IP ban at the router. BD is in-network with many other fishing websites that also log IP's of users...

a8bad6a4e1ce4a8bb59b1ba0ddc93e1d.jpg

Upvote 0

stank

May 16, 2005
    Bangkok
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    None
    “We do not fuck around...”, yet we are playing on the internet at work, and we think the sites we play on should accommodate us....

• Haha
    Reactions: pacificscout
    Upvote 0