bufadora

Apr 13, 2011
Santa Cruz
Name
darren gertler
Boat
Sorenson 15 - catamaran
Thanks for thinking about us.
Politics- a separate forum that doesn't show as new posts sounds like the perfect solution.
Finding the right forum is tough- Its not always fun scrolling through the long list of forums to find boat parts for sale a few times a day. Maybe we could do it like my finance software at work where you can "set up your toolbar" with easy access to your five favorite forums. Let me know if you want to see a screen shot or something.
Likes- we dont need this function, everybody has a big enough ego already. Who cares if Billy K or Hayward ' likes' your post.
Side rant- I don't like the threads where you have to click on a link to read the story. The good articles from Erik Landsfield and such come to mind.

Thanks a bunch for all you do. The site helps me learn and dream alot. Darren

Reactions: kbray001
Upvote 0

soul troller

Mine bends where yours ends
Mar 14, 2004
Murrieta Ca
Name
Lou
Boat
Pursuit 2870 WA
No politics unless subscribed . Kind of like , don't bring up politics while fishing unless you want to end up making a fun activity into BS .

Contests ? Best fishing report , most concise boat ad , hottest wife, etc ? Good idea

A points system would draw out the few who would ruin it for the many in my opinion.

Likes are cool and harmless . Dislike button could be handy i suppose.

Forums seem easy enough to navigate and I'm pretty thick headed.

Glad this site is around whatever changes are made.

Upvote 0

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    I liked the page where you could see all the members on BD. It had a list of the most posts, most content and most likes. You could find folks real quick if you wanted to PM someone.

Also like the idea of swag. Keep the rule of only one thread per week.

Keep the politics where it is. Look or don't look, your option. Those fuckers are a train wreck, but at least they are in the same hole together.

I don't like the idea of flagging an Op for his comments. BD members police themselves just fine. Some of the best threads on here is when someone gets out of line.

It is still there, just not linked or displayed very well. Will take in consideration.

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    Yes Yes , No Politics or subscribe to it

also sports to have it's own forum also subscribe to it

"likes" are good

over and out

Upvote 0

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
    Mar 2, 2010
    SoCal
    Name
    Rocket Dog
    Boat
    passenger again
    Bump the politics or let it live as a subscribe only with update feeds kept in that group.
    Agnostic about the points system, but if there is a good report of some kind, maybe it gets promoted to the front page of the site.

Contest are good, maybe a chance to win a spot and go on the Local Knowledge with Ali?

Forums are good, but maybe a better search function that makes you pick a date range so I don't see old blanks and reels for an amazing price just to find out it's 5-10 yrs old. Yes too want that SS, CE (X) Ulua or Calstar for $100 bucks.

I like the "like button" maybe some different emojis or add these to it :finger::hali_ruahahaha::frehya2::nopity:

A mobile app will be great and will help me with my posting.

Reactions: Mark49
    Upvote 0

AKSalmon

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 15, 2006
    Juneau, Alaska
    Name
    Bill Brown
    Boat
    Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
    I'm a news junky and very political -- but **really** don't want it on BD. A huge problem here, as elsewhere, is that many of the political posts are simply wrong or lies and, I think, intended to sway people in a way the truth would not. I don't think BD moderators want to resort to the warnings that Twitter and Facebook use. Just dump the politics completely. In his deer camp, my father used to say we could not talk of religion or politics. Anything else was fair game. That's a good rule for BD.

Upvote 0

Tomictime

Crusty Old Salt
    May 9, 2014
    Poverty Bay & Carlsbad
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    Boatless.....
    I'm a news junky and very political -- but **really** don't want it on BD. A huge problem here, as elsewhere, is that many of the political posts are simply wrong or lies and, I think, intended to sway people in a way the truth would not. I don't think BD moderators want to resort to the warnings that Twitter and Facebook use. Just dump the politics completely. In his deer camp, my father used to say we could not talk of religion or politics. Anything else was fair game. That's a good rule for BD.
    My Dad had one small exception to the deer camp rule, he said “ the .35 Whelen IS religion “...... ha

Good advice Sir !

Reactions: dragonballs
    Upvote 0

stuman

Brawndo the thirst mutilator
    Sep 18, 2004
    Oside
    Name
    stu
    Boat
    skiff
    The reason I started reading Allcoast was for free fish information and reports. BD was a good substitute until Fishdope. Around the time Fishdope came on scene, it seemed like fish reports got flamed and anglers stopped posting reports.

Here is an idea - on Monday and Wednesday -have the FD moderators start chumming the BD boards with 3 day old reports? Information that is still relevant but not spot on.

There are a lot of anglers that need information but don't need the current information. Or they are just interested in the information and are Jonesing for a fix.

The reason I listen to Lets Talk Hookup for the current fishing information. The other long advertisement stuff - not so much. The other podcasts are nice but their information is not a fresh as LTH

Upvote 0

Fearlessfiasco

Loco Leftist...
    Jun 5, 2012
    La Mesa
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    Sea Pro 170DC
    The ability to tag a post with a general location. Probably thinking for classifieds on this. Something similar to the "For Sale", "For Trade", and "Free" tags but these would say "SD", "OC", "LA", "VC", and so forth. Make it easier to find the stuff in a specific area as I see plenty of things I'm interested in but the seller doesn't want to ship and lives in BFE.

Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
    Dec 12, 2007
    Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Yes
    I would leave BloodyDecks if it adopted a no politics policy... I enjoy speaking my mind... and even enjoy hearing how I am wrong... without knowing what others think how can you learn and grow? Maybe your ideas are effed up?

Me too. Perhaps you could add a feature to warn snowflakes of potentially disturbing content. Or teach them how to use ignore.

Upvote 0