Need step by step for my new Makaira 30II SEa

Okuma

locvetter

• Mar 24, 2015
    Name
    Loc Vetter
    Boat
    Loc Vetter Casting
    Yesterday I got my new Makaira. Beautiful.

The instructions for changing the plug to lug were for, probably, smaller versions, as it called for removal of only three screws - there are five, and I could not see the right side innards -- needed to remove the spool.

I am reluctant to go removing screws without something a bit better than the parts list drawing.

I must be looking in the wrong places, as I cannot find any step by steps or pictures of the takedown. Tried Alan Tani's site and here on BD.

Suggestions, please?

Upvote 0

gary760

Almost A Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    UK
    Name
    GARY
    Boat
    none
    Just follow the steps on the makaira lug and plug system sheet. The only reel difference with the 30 is the number of screws holding each side plate on (5 on the 30) also the spool just lifts out as a complete assembly complete with drag system no screws or anything to remove or replace Regards Gary

Upvote 0

locvetter

• Mar 24, 2015
    Name
    Loc Vetter
    Boat
    Loc Vetter Casting
    Just follow the steps on the makaira lug and plug system sheet. The only reel difference with the 30 is the number of screws holding each side plate on (5 on the 30) also the spool just lifts out as a complete assembly complete with drag system no screws or anything to remove or replace Regards Gary
    Thank you sooo much!!!

Upvote 0

Normslanding

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 13, 2010
    Palmetto, Fl., USA
    Name
    Dave Spangler
    Boat
    Blue Heaven
    For re-assembly put the pinion gear assembly into the the square hole then make sure the two dog rods are positioned equally. This will help everything go back together easily. It is good therapy, and will help you in the future maintaining the reel. I HOPE THIS HELPS>

Upvote 0

locvetter

• Mar 24, 2015
    Name
    Loc Vetter
    Boat
    Loc Vetter Casting
    Got just what I needed from you guys - a link and encouragement.
    THANK YOU!

Upvote 0