PENN

mojojones

Jun 25, 2009
Gavilan Hills
Name
Jordan
Boat
Limited loads only
I am hearing they are munching on the yo-yo's mostly or large horse dinies / mini macks. If someone can please post pics of thejigs they are hitting on I would appreciate it. Heading out probably to the Nados. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
Tady 45 surface Iron

photo's off www.bajafishgear.com

Tady%2045.jpg

PL 68 great for yoyo
Salas%20PL68.jpg

or the Salas 6x also yoyo
Salas%206X.jpg

Upvote 0

mojojones

Jun 25, 2009
Gavilan Hills
Name
Jordan
Boat
Limited loads only
sweet, got some of these! You land the yellows this season with any one mostly in particular?

Upvote 0

dweston

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 12, 2008
vista Ca. USA
Name
Duane
Boat
yours
was out yesterday blue and white 6x and 6x jr seemed to be the ticket, all depends on the bite. Good luck

Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
For YoYo, I don't think color matters much, it how fast you can crank the jig.
Surface Iron it's how well it swims.

Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
I agree it's all about having a high speed reel and an arm that won't cramp up winding as fast as you can... That being said yellow and green and blue and white were the best yesterday...

Upvote 0

SemperFishing

Apr 26, 2007
Austin, TX
Name
Dave
Boat
Prefer Long Range or skiffs (great if combined!)
I went out last weekend for a limit of yellows, all on the 6x jr in scrambled egg. But really, the fish were pretty wide open so any color you threw would get hammered. I did read off a 976 post that the fish were hot on the scrambled egg (or perhaps everyone was fishing one?). Blue and white is also another staple color. Check out my pic gallery for a pic of one of the jigs.

THe real secret is to crank it at the right speed (just enough to keep it from spinning).

One question I have for yah, please explain the photo you have on your profile. That "catfish" is very interesting.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
Scrambled egg and blue and white have seemed to be the hot ticket....full size 6x for the windy days and 6xjr for the not so windy. Simon Bon's right about the surface iron....as long as it's a rump shaker your good to go.

Upvote 0

LA Smoker

Jul 12, 2007
LA buey
Name
Bob
Fished Todos Santos this weekend, 9 fish on the yo yo all on the blue and white Salas 6x, and 2 on the mint tady 45. I agree, color doesnt matter as much... it's all about the crank. What kind of gear are you fishing? Make sure it's the right stuff... You dont want to be "That Guy".

Upvote 0

jdemaio

Dec 27, 2004
Newport Beach
Name
DeMaio
Boat
58 Viking
Can never go wrong with Blue and Chrome Tady 45, UFO 5, or Salas 6x. A scrambled egg color in those type of jigs is always good to have in the arsenal as well. Mack patterns are nice to have, but I honestly think it sells the fisherman more than the fish.

Upvote 0