Need recommendation for DC area offshore in Nov

Discussion in 'East Coast Fishing Reports Forum' started by BluWatR, Oct 10, 2018.

1. BluWatR

BluWatR Underway is the only way

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    Boat Ho
    Hello brothers,

I'm more than likely to head out to the right coast in mid November to meet some clients. Was thinking about trying to get out on a bite. Are there any places Va beach to Ocean City that have a good shot at fish this time of year? If so what species and any guide recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

2. mpester545

mpester545 Newbie

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Yukon
    I am no help with the offshore stuff in MD and VA at that time of year. I spend two weeks on the Outer Banks of NC in late November. We fish the beach mostly but do get out for king's once or twice.

If I were in DC in November, I would try fishing the Chesapeake Bay for big stipers.

I have fished with Walleye Pete a couple of times and he works hard to catch fish on light tackle.

https://www.facebook.com/CaptWalleyepete/

5-20 likes this.
  3. 5-20

5-20 Poseidon Group's Back Up Trident Thrower

Name:
    5-20
    Boat:
    L2 Fish
    Outer Banks surf fishing for stripers could be pretty amazing but that’s also a bit of a drive.

Getting on a boat to look for some Chesapeake bay for stripers around the bay bridge would probably be just as awesome. No specific charter recommendations at this time.

4. mpester545

mpester545 Newbie

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Yukon
    It has been a few years since they have had many stripers on the beach in NC. Last year after Thanksgiving was great for big drum. The entire two weeks was very good for big sea mullet.

Walleye Pete does walk on trips for up to four people. You pay per person. It is a good way to get out on a boat if you do not have a full group.

5. BluWatR

BluWatR Underway is the only way

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    Boat Ho
    Thanks guys!

6. azbaseball

azbaseball Member

Name:
    mike de vito
    Boat:
    20ft nitro
    Stripers in the surf Black fish and sea bass offshore the weather is rough. You still maybe able to get on the big black drum. They are usually around the rocks at the end of the jetties. Clam bellies works for everytrhing Blackfish like crabs. If you go offshore cod and pollock or lings could be on the menu

7. skiffler

skiffler Newbie

Name:
    Jeremy
    Boat:
    Pop-n-Off 25 Grady
    Hey BluWatr I just joined the group and live I. The DC area. Next time you in town hit me up I fish the Chesapeake and offshore from OC to Outer Banks. We had a good striper bite in the bay November through now.

8. tugasangler

tugasangler Member

Name:
    James
    Boat:
    Yankee Capts
    Plenty of big striper out of va beach . Some redfish ( red drum) as well ... and they fish golden tilefish too this time of year and they get some monsters.