Need new boat recommendations for 2.5 day for October..

Abusaade

Aug 22, 2010
Compton, Ca
Name
Ahmad
Boat
none
It’s all about the weather first , the banks could be brutal over 13 knots, secure a good weather, then find a 1.5+ trip .
SA80 is an awesome boat which is run by a classy family. It’s my favorite beside Pacific Islander.

Reactions: plj46
Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    The only time I wud have is the 1.5 day spot… trying to do most time in water possible.. is it fishy good chance of big bft?
    1st, New Lo Ann, 2nd Aztec, 3rd Excalibur, 4th Pacific Islander and what ever boats in between and the SA80 the last choice. There reason why the boats prices are Cheap. Food Quality and most important they conserve fuel and usually don't run far. Look at their counts past two weeks, They were pretty much fishing those YFT 40 miles south. Don't get me wrong, The SA80 is a very nice boat but the operation sucks.

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    It’s all about the weather first , the banks could be brutal over 13 knots, secure a good weather, then find a 1.5+ trip .
    SA80 is an awesome boat which is run by a classy family. It’s my favorite beside Pacific Islander.
    It don't take much to make you happy!

Upvote 0

Tedward2020

Autistic fisherman
    Apr 5, 2020
    Greensboro North Carolina
    Name
    Ted Allegranza
    Boat
    None
    1st, New Lo Ann, 2nd Aztec, 3rd Excalibur, 4th Pacific Islander and what ever boats in between and the SA80 the last choice. There reason why the boats prices are Cheap. Food Quality and most important they conserve fuel and usually don't run far. Look at their counts past two weeks, They were pretty much fishing those YFT 40 miles south. Don't get me wrong, The SA80 is a very nice boat but the operation sucks.
    I’m with u Kevin I’m going with new lo an if they call me..

Reactions: jer dog
    Upvote 0

heman

Almost A Member
    Apr 23, 2008
    Anaheim, CA
    Name
    heman
    Boat
    \___/
    I’ll second New LoAn and Aztec. I’ve never had a bad experience with Markus and Greg. Just like there’s a reason why prices are cheap. There’s a reason why those two boats fill FAST.

I’d agree to grab a seat where you can and fast, cause everyone else on Tomahawk that got cancelled likely are trying to find a new spot as well.

Upvote 0

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    I’ll second New LoAn and Aztec. I’ve never had a bad experience with Markus and Greg. Just like there’s a reason why prices are cheap. There’s a reason why those two boats fill FAST.

I’d agree to grab a seat where you can and fast, cause everyone else on Tomahawk that got cancelled likely are trying to find a new spot as well.
    Also there's reason why some boats still have room up to a day before trips, That should tell you something about the Operation!!!!!

Upvote 0

lastcast619

• Jan 25, 2019
    Blackacre
    Name
    HD
    Boat
    none
    I like the excalibur. Some of the crew members are pretty salty but the captain works his ass off trying to put you on fish. They will burn the fuel to get where you need to go. Food was actually pretty good too and they have staterooms and double wide bunks.

Reactions: Abusaade and kevina
    Upvote 0

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    I agree and don't understand why people bash this boat.Every boat in the fleet has bad trips fishing.I think most that bash them haven't even fished the boat they bash.

Reactions: Abusaade
    Upvote 0

Fingerling

Almost A Member
    Apr 19, 2017
    Corona
    Name
    Jesse
    Boat
    Parker 17'
    Next time you decide to book that many small trips,, I'd consider a 5+ day trip. I would have found a LR boat headed to Guadalupe or 8+ day and hit Alijos/the Ridge.

Upvote 0

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Got into the new lo-an !!!first time in that boat can’t wait to kill it!! Yes I will take pics and videos best I can!! Thanks for the help guys!!
    Your going to kill it on that boat. It's a good thing the Tomahawk Canceled, Someone is looking out for you!!! Good Luck, I hope you get the size your looking for!!!!!!

Reactions: Tedward2020
    Upvote 0

Tedward2020

Autistic fisherman
    Apr 5, 2020
    Greensboro North Carolina
    Name
    Ted Allegranza
    Boat
    None
    Thanks got some badass trips lined up!! 2 day Pacifica,3.5 Aztec, full day intothedepth, then 3day New Lo-an!! Feeling very blessed this year!! And before all trips start Ducks unlimited banquet with pops!! I’d say that’s a very good two week vacation

Piizzii
    Piizzii
    If that Aztec trip is the UC OCT 6-10. I’m on it with you. I really hope weather is good. Forecast is far out but looks on the windy side. I’m hoping everything can line up in our favor
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Thanks got some badass trips lined up!! 2 day Pacifica,3.5 Aztec, full day intothedepth, then 3day New Lo-an!! Feeling very blessed this year!! And before all trips start Ducks unlimited banquet with pops!! I’d say that’s a very good two week vacation
    What boat are you going on with "Into The Depths Sprortfishing" and how many people on the boat??

Upvote 0