Utterly Wet

Missy's Bitch
Jul 7, 2017
Pasadena
Name
Greg
Boat
Parker 2310
Want to take our boat to SBI for the first time this weekend. Want to target YT, bass, etc. Would greatly appreciate any info and or suggestions if anyone is inclined to share. Info on where to anchor up for the night at the island would also be helpful. Any squid at the island? Areas to make bait?
I reached out to Dave Hanson who had some suggestions but hasn't fished the island this year. Also have a little info from FishDope.
I usually post reports in the Central California since we primarily fish the Northern Channel Islands (that's where I see most people report those islands).
Will post report Sunday night or Monday morning. Should SBI report be posted in the SoCal inshore & islands section?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
  • Aug 6, 2016
    SoCal - Corona
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    I know a couple guys...
    I'd like to help you out but anything I could add would be for the wrong island.
    20190712_101945.png

Last edited:
    Reactions: Utterly Wet
    Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    I'd like to help you but I dont really fish SCI. I do know that you are going to want to make sure not to fish the closed areas. Also there is a link that you can check for planned closure. (Search this forum). I understand that the Navy can close an area at any time even if not planned.

Good luck
    SBI Santa Barbara island, not SCI San Clemente island

Upvote 0

Utterly Wet

Missy's Bitch
    Jul 7, 2017
    Pasadena
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    Parker 2310
    View attachment 1046273
    You can anchor above the closed area, yellows been biting on the anchorage area, plenty of rock fish at back. You can fish down to 240ft. Good luck
    Thanks Al, looking at windy.com I figured east side of island would be best bet. Thanks for the confirmation. Always have a better time when I have all safety concerns covered. Catching is good, fishing and safe trip is great!!

Upvote 0

SeaHawk IV

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 15, 2008
    United States of America
    Name
    A
    Boat
    Pay attention to your cartography. Look out for boiler rocks and shallow reefs. The shallow reefs should show as a hazard on your nav map if it's up to date. If I recall correctly, there's a long sneaker shallow reef at the north west point (to the left of the yellow circle above) as you can see on the map above. Don't cut the points too tight.

Don't have any current intel but the quality of cod for me is not as impressive as the islands above. But with the new depth limits, you may find them there.

Good luck and have a safe trip.

Upvote 0

Sagedaddy

Jul 29, 2017
    Ventura
    Name
    Sagedaddy
    Boat
    Radon 24’, Parker 2120(looking for a new home)
    Weather has been iffy at best. Be careful and check the forecast really well

Upvote 0