SCOTCH

Jul 3, 2007
Pacific Beach
Name
Geoff
Boat
290cc Everglades - "Ghost of the Navigator"
Hi There,

I will be working at moon palace resort in Cancun for over a month (may-june) and need information on inshore fishing around the resort area. ( snook , permit, snapper ??)

Any information on fish, what lures to use, where the fish are located, what to expect, would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any recommendations on a guide service would be awesome.

Thanks for your time,

Geoff

Upvote 0

Whalebreath

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 6, 2008
Vancouver BC
Name
Carl Z
Boat
Catch a taxi down to Playa del Carmen for more options-or see if one of the charter operations there can arrange transportation I know they used to.

Anyway that's the place to be.

Upvote 0

Bob_NH

Dec 21, 2015
New Hampshire
Name
Bob
Boat
N/A
Funny. Up here in the northeast people often fat finger a request for a striped bass (aka striped) as a “stripper” trip. Took my wife a while to be at ease booking those slots.

So I’d respectfully suggest Dassan find a place on a Reddit thread, unless Ali suggests otherwise.

Now back to fishing!

Capt Bob

SeacoastNHSportfishing

Upvote 0

Bob_NH

Dec 21, 2015
New Hampshire
Name
Bob
Boat
N/A
Great idea! My wife and I went over in March for the afternoon. Really pretty once you clear downtown. The art exhibit/Mayan ruins on the tip looked fishy when we walked the cliffs. If only I hadn’t received a “D+” on my golf cart driving skills!

FYI there are slow and fast ferries. Price about the same. Do yourself a favor on that one.

Upvote 0