I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 3, 2007
Pacific Beach
Name
Geoff
Boat
25' BW Outrage "Rime of the Ancient Mariner"
Hi There,

I will be working at moon palace resort in Cancun for over a month (may-june) and need information on inshore fishing around the resort area. ( snook , permit, snapper ??)

Any information on fish, what lures to use, where the fish are located, what to expect, would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any recommendations on a guide service would be awesome.

Thanks for your time,

Geoff

Whalebreath

Aug 6, 2008
Vancouver BC
Name
Carl Z
Boat
Catch a taxi down to Playa del Carmen for more options-or see if one of the charter operations there can arrange transportation I know they used to.

Anyway that's the place to be.

Bob_NH

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 21, 2015
New Hampshire
Name
Bob
Boat
N/A
Look no futher than CancunTarponFishing.com High end keys experience at half the cost of the Keys. Tell 'em Capt Bob from Rye sent you; you will not be disappointed.

Reactions: cortezpirasea

Bob_NH

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 21, 2015
New Hampshire
Name
Bob
Boat
N/A
Funny. Up here in the northeast people often fat finger a request for a striped bass (aka striped) as a “stripper” trip. Took my wife a while to be at ease booking those slots.

So I’d respectfully suggest Dassan find a place on a Reddit thread, unless Ali suggests otherwise.

Now back to fishing!

Capt Bob

SeacoastNHSportfishing

pje

Mar 9, 2008
orlando
Name
PJ
Boat
34 Scarab Supersport
You could take the ferry over over to Isla Mujeres and fish from shore there , it might be better fishing . Also , you should fish with Anthony on the Keen M at least once while you are there .
https://www.islamujeressportfishing.com/

Bob_NH

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 21, 2015
New Hampshire
Name
Bob
Boat
N/A
Great idea! My wife and I went over in March for the afternoon. Really pretty once you clear downtown. The art exhibit/Mayan ruins on the tip looked fishy when we walked the cliffs. If only I hadn’t received a “D+” on my golf cart driving skills!

FYI there are slow and fast ferries. Price about the same. Do yourself a favor on that one.