Billy L

AK halibut charter captain
Jul 4, 2009
San Diego and AK
Name
Billy
Boat
25’, 22’ Whalers
With the mess in the lower 48, some of my buddies might not be visiting this summer so looking for someone to go fishing with and share expenses. My 26’ is slipped in Homer Harbor.
i limit on halibuts about 80% of the time.
It will be June to august. Early July has a lot of Sockeyes also.
I have all the gears

Last edited:
Reactions: jmoonfish

nntropy

Always Fishin'
Jul 27, 2004
La Mirada
Name
Ted Hampton
Boat
Boomer II
I go to Sitka, Alaska every year. I stay at the Kingfisher Lodge where they do everything for you. I am already planning a solo trip July 21st-the 26th. I am always looking for someone to travel with. I am knowledgeable about fishing Alaska. I may make 2 trips. Let me know what your plans are.

• Wow
Reactions: STANWOOD BOB

STANWOOD BOB

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 1, 2012
WA
Name
Bob
Boat
NA
I go to Sitka, Alaska every year. I stay at the Kingfisher Lodge where they do everything for you. I am already planning a solo trip July 21st-the 26th. I am always looking for someone to travel with. I am knowledgeable about fishing Alaska. I may make 2 trips. Let me know what your plans are.
Status of getting up at the moment? Normally go 2 trips a year to SE in Sitka and looks rather bleak this year! Fished up there for 12 or13 years now and not getting any younger.....SAD!

Randal

randal
Nov 29, 2004
California
Name
randal
Boat
19' Marine Specialty
I talked to Billy and he is one hell of a nice guy but I do not think he will do everything for you after taking you fishing, but an incredible generous offer if you can get there. Different year and he told me after May 20th the state will make a decision about opening up, specifically the 14 day quarantine.

Billy L

Jul 4, 2009
San Diego and AK
Name
Billy
Boat
25’, 22’ Whalers
I talked to Billy and he is one hell of a nice guy but I do not think he will do everything for you after taking you fishing, but an incredible generous offer if you can get there. Different year and he told me after May 20th the state will make a decision about opening up, specifically the 14 day quarantine.
Nice talking to you too Randy. Looking forward to taking You halibut fishing in a couple of months when you arrive, and have you bring up your first halibut in, 9 years? I envy your cabin right at Kenai River. Sockeyes galore!

Last edited:

Paul Ortiz

Sep 26, 2018
Truckee
Name
Paul
Boat
2000 Monterey Montura
Hey Billy, I'll be up there with two friends 7/28-8/5. We had originally scheduled a boat rental for the week but just got informed it is no longer in commission. Would love to get out with you if you have time. All experienced and have been out of Homer for Hali, Salmon, and Lings numerous times. We're traveling with all our terminal tackle but won't have any gear. Happy to cover all trip costs if you'd like to get out.

Billy L

Jul 4, 2009
San Diego and AK
Name
Billy
Boat
25’, 22’ Whalers
Hey Billy, I'll be up there with two friends 7/28-8/5. We had originally scheduled a boat rental for the week but just got informed it is no longer in commission. Would love to get out with you if you have time. All experienced and have been out of Homer for Hali, Salmon, and Lings numerous times. We're traveling with all our terminal tackle but won't have any gear. Happy to cover all trip costs if you'd like to get out.
Hi Paul.
I’ve actually started a halibut charter business fully licensed with the Alaska Dept of Fish & Game and have my Halibut permit.
Cost for full day halibut fishing out of Homer is $249/person and $179/child under 14.
Salmon and rock fish trip is possible also but halibut is my main target
I’ve notified the administration that To advertise here on BD.
it’s a 6 pack but would go with less.
I've limited all of the last 8 trips last 2 weeks.
let me know if you like to go. Thanks
Billy

Last edited: