Need Computer Input/Ideas

tloucks

Dec 20, 2007
Moorpark Ca.
Name
Tom Loucks
Boat
None
Not sure what would be best for me, a 2n1,or a tablet,or I have seen tablets with keyboards. It will mainly for internet and internet when traveling. Dont want to buy junk but would like to keep the price down as this will be part time use only. What do you have ? What do you recommend ? Are you happy or unhappy with what you have.
Any input or recommendations are appreciated.

Thank you,
Tom

Upvote 0

Amadeus

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Mar 17, 2011
    San Diego/CA/US
    Name
    Wai Jung
    Boat
    Seahawk II
    Not sure what would be best for me, a 2n1,or a tablet,or I have seen tablets with keyboards. It will mainly for internet and internet when traveling. Dont want to buy junk but would like to keep the price down as this will be part time use only. What do you have ? What do you recommend ? Are you happy or unhappy with what you have.
    Any input or recommendations are appreciated.

Thank you,
    Tom

What do you currently have?

Upvote 0

GrabBass1

GrabBass1
    May 12, 2009
    Menifee, CA United States
    Name
    Joe
    Boat
    2008 176 Sea Pro Center Console - GrabBass II
    I recently got the iPad Pro with the Apple keyboard. A bit pricey but in my opinion well worth it. I almost never use my PC anymore. I also travel quite a bit for work and the iPad is terrific on a plane and airport for the Internet or watching movies and even getting work done depending what programs you need. A smaller iPad is also really good and can be found pretty cheap but since I moved up to the bigger one I would never go back. Good luck.

Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
    Jun 28, 2006
    El Cazonn
    Name
    Frank F
    Boat
    Boat-less (Sad)
    I no NOTHING!
    But I bought a tablet and It wont or ( I don't know how) do what my laptop does.
    So vacation tablet for email and laptop everything else.

Upvote 0

Amadeus

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Mar 17, 2011
    San Diego/CA/US
    Name
    Wai Jung
    Boat
    Seahawk II
    I currently have only a home PC

Tom

Hmm...if you had a old WinXP laptop tucked away that was unsuitable for the last four flavors of Windows (Vista, 7, 8, & 10), something like that can be revived with Linux Mint or Cloudready/Neverware...

If you are looking for something more portable AND low cost, you could buy a refurbished unit of a major brand. Perhaps something from Newegg.com or A4C.com with at least a 1280x800 screen and at least Android 4.x.

Right now A4C.com seems to have a better selection. Here are two potential options:

http://www.a4c.com/product/asus-nexus-7-android-tablet-w-wi-fi-black-refurbished.html

http://www.a4c.com/product/asus-memo-pad-hd7-me173x-16gb-wi-fi-tablet-refurbished.html
    (I have one of these, and it's been working flawlessly since April 2015.)

I've had "OK" experiences with Newegg.com (of two tablets ordered, one was the wrong model--returned) and A4C.com (of three tablets ordered, one had a physical defect--returned). Both RMA's were fully refunded.

Upvote 0

Latest posts