FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
Save $300 right now. Probably won't be there very long.

Amazon product

stella marina

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 21, 2011
santa cruz
Name
Andrew
Boat
Parker 2320, 16 Klamath cc, 10 ft Livingston "bass slayer"
What???!!!
If it's too good to.be true....

spongehead

"ONE FISH AT A TIME"
Sep 12, 2010
garden grove, ca
Name
David
Boat
Maria
Scam? Ah chit my buddies will be pissed oh well. Thanks JAM 4 the heads up. Hope its not.

kindafishy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
1 bad review, it claimed defects in anodized finish. item was returned, money refunded....order it! if you don't like it or feel like you got scammed amazon will return your $$$

Reactions: Cubeye

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
In my experience these are not scams or typos. I have purchased rods, reels and braid all at deep discounts that sometimes only last a few minutes. I have found this on both Amazon and Cabela's.

I think on Amazon there is an automatic or nearly automatic price reduction on some items once their inventory drops below a certain point or they have not sold enough in a given time frame. As soon as they are sold at that price it reverts to MSRP or whatever it was before it was discounted.

Only issue I have had was the Penn Fathom I just bought came in the Penn box and was soaking wet and held together by packing tape. Reel is perfectly fine. From what I could see it was the USPS that did that not the seller.

I did not buy this reel simply because i have no need for a 50W. But you know I will jump on a similar deal on a 16 or 20 if it shows up.

As Kub notes, you snooze you loose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cubeye