Runway1

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 18, 2018
Orange County
Name
Runway1
Boat
None
Turkey hunt fell through and i now have Thu/Fri open. What boat would you take from Long Beach, Newport or Dana Point? Full day or an overnighter boarding Thu.

Looking for limited loads or a boat that might not be that filled. I'm pretty new so I any recommendations would be appreciated!

mackereljoe

Apr 1, 2007
Long Beach
Name
Joey
Boat
None
If it’s me I’ll take the Eldorado out of Berth 55 long beach. Or drive south to get in on some pelagics you’re looking for.

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
If you want tuna and yellowtail, you’re gonna have to go to San Diego.

Right now out of Long Beach, I’d probably take a trip on the new thunderbird going to San Nicholas Island. Good rockfishing, with s few yellowtail popping in.

Runway1

Nov 18, 2018
Orange County
Name
Runway1
Boat
None
Thanks all. I guess it's a trade I'll have to consider but a good choice to be made!

Runway1

Nov 18, 2018
Orange County
Name
Runway1
Boat
None
Isn't the Thunderbird out of Newport or do I have the wrong boat?

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
If the target is hamachi go to sd, no doubt. 3 hour run south of nados, no biggie. And they are eating yoyo iron, surface iron, fly line, and slip sinker. So that's cool

A option.

The vessel (san diego) that departs out of seaforth at 5:30am. Is a good crowded choice. They just put over 200 yellows on the boat and have been averaging around 100 or so per day. This boat and captain has logged more time hunting nados region yellows then most anyone on the face of this planet, out of passion. The person driving knows the bottom contours like the back of their hand. That's why the san diego high lines on yoyo iron yt almost every time out of all the other boats. The driver knows the direction and the directional changes the fish are going or will be making

If your going on a open party trip. This boat is worth considering

The boats yoyo iron yellow count in the colder water months is a testament to the boats yellowtail prowness

The boat also has a following of surface iron slingers and bait fisherman. Surface iron friendly boat

Have a fun trip wherever you go

Reactions: dctalk523

RideHPD

Enthusiastic Idiot Rookie
Aug 14, 2016
Del Mar/Marina Del Rey, CA
Name
Eric Marin
Boat
10' Model T
The New Seaforth is a 1/2 day boat, they're going to be rock fishing off LJ. During the week the San Diego probably won't be too bad crowd-wise, but I'm a big fan of the Mission Belle. Steve and Karen are awesome, that's the boat I take people on for their first time. The boat often has a pretty light load and it doesn't really pull in people with attitudes. I really like the SD and there are days I kinda just want to hang out in the galley with Doug, but I think you'll have a better time on the Belle.

RideHPD

Enthusiastic Idiot Rookie
Aug 14, 2016
Del Mar/Marina Del Rey, CA
Name
Eric Marin
Boat
10' Model T
Thank you, Eric. Much appreciate the input.
No worries. If you decide to fish with them and Brian is decking go up to him when you're driving out and tell him you're new, he'll take care of you. His personality may not exactly come off as bubbly when you first meet him, but he's a good dude, he'll keep his eye out for you.

Runway1

Nov 18, 2018
Orange County
Name
Runway1
Boat
None
Anybody fish with the Chief boat out of Point Loma Fishing? They have a 1.5 day that fits my schedule.

dctalk523

Dec 28, 2007
County of Orange
Name
ChoeMan
Boat
Never
Anybody fish with the Chief boat out of Point Loma Fishing? They have a 1.5 day that fits my schedule.
You mean the Grief. Search the forums and you’ll know why it’s dubbed the Grief. You get what you pay for.

Runway1

Nov 18, 2018
Orange County
Name
Runway1
Boat
None
Ok, I got the Mission Belle, the San Diego and the Seaforth. Seaforth only does 1/2 days so I'm down to the two, neither of which have an overnighter.

I'm in OC. Getting to SD at 5:30AM is going to hurt my feelings

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
New lo-an, tomahawk, condor, old glory (the glory hole), shogun, all do overnight trips. The first three I listed are my top picks.

The old glory pissed me off, and the shogun I have no experience with.