hot tuna

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 7, 2007
Tahoe
Name
Steve
Boat
clawfoot tub
Through the eyes and hands of this rookie, I was transported instantly to the rail. Thanks Craig for taking the time to report on the passion we share in long range fishing.

pargoman

Perpetual Newbie
May 24, 2006
socal
Name
Steve
Boat
Alloy
If there ever was a justifiable reason for a BD awards show, it is now. Craig, your postings have kept me pinned to the website. Personally, I cannot wait till your next adventure. Thank you.

Reactions: Sbebdllh

e_briz

Nov 6, 2007
Ramona
Name
Eddie
Boat
12,raft,Huck
Ya know that feeling when you are reading a really, really good book and you are getting closer and closer to the end, and you never want it to end, but you know it''s coming soon? So you try to slow down but you can't because the book is so good, and then you hit the last page and everything comes together and you feel happy yet sad, satisfied yet empty and you start hoping for a sequel, but you know, at best, it's a year away?

..........Yeah, that just happened.

Squid Sammich

Aug 23, 2015
Texas
Name
Matt
Boat
To be determined
Hands down the most riveting, colorful, intoxicating thread I have read on these forums. You had me reliving the excitement and struggles I felt my first time. This whole board is indebted to you for your your poetic memories.

And one other thing for those of us who weren't there: imagine the positive vibes on board with this guy and Soda Pop. Plugged holds or empty carts at the end, what a trip that would be.

DC61

Dec 28, 2011
Dana Point
Name
Paul L.
Boat
33’ Blackfin
This is one of my favorite BD posts (along with the guy who built the shark cage out of 1" pvc pipe).

This one was so special because I followed it from the time Nebraska (Craig) was first considering signing up for a long range trip to corresponding with him after he signed up for the same trip I was on and then as the trip drew near.

Craig and I became friends and shared a lot of laughs together. He fished hard and had a good trip. His enthusiasm and passion were contagious.

His summary of the trip was amazing. He is an incredibly gifted writer.

I just shot him an email hoping he has signed up for our January trip. My fingers are crossed.

watersdeep

Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
He better sign up we can use some action around here!

muledeer07

Jun 30, 2008
USA
Name
Wade
Boat
None
Nebraska absolutely without a doubt the finest read I have ever had in any book or website. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. The longest trip I've ever taken was a 5 day to Lupe 30 years ago. My lifetime goal is this trip!!!!!!!! Your adventure and tales were amazing and much appreciated.

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Nebraska sure was a fun guy to have on that trip last year. But when he did the write up he blew me away. Man can that guy write. I miss that guy we call Nebraska.

tjohnson619

Jul 21, 2013
ramona ca
Name
tony
Boat
assasin, 21 wellcraft coastal
Wow nebraska!!! What a amazing story. I felt like was at the rail the whole time. One day I wish to be able to go on a 15 day trip but right now I must stay with my couple overnighter every year

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
Wow, this was by far the most interesting report I have ever read. Thank you for that! Every single day of your trip I feel like I was right there with you and each day was better than any trip I have ever been on. You have inspired me, I need to go long! Make it count.

ldoret94

Mar 31, 2017
Riverside, CA
Name
Peter Young
Boat
none
Wow, just read this whole string and was so captivated that I was damn near late for work. Nebraska your a very talented writer, felt like I was right next to you. Can't wait for the next installment.

Reactions: RichG and Nebraska

RichG

Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
Nebraska travel safe, watch the weather forecasts, who knows what Mother Nature will be up to. It’s been a unique Winter. Texas has been freezing.

This thread is quite long and it might be starting version 2.0. Only my 2 cents.

No matter what you decide do travel safe and have a fantastic trip. Fishing appears to be a bit tougher this year, especially with the island closed.

I as well will be waiting for the next installment.

Reactions: Nebraska

Nebraska

Dec 20, 2016
Nebraska
Name
Craig Chamberlin
Boat
Intrepid
Nebraska travel safe, watch the weather forecasts, who knows what Mother Nature will be up to. It’s been a unique Winter. Texas has been freezing.

This thread is quite long and it might be starting version 2.0. Only my 2 cents.

No matter what you decide do travel safe and have a fantastic trip. Fishing appears to be a bit tougher this year, especially with the island closed.

I as well will be waiting for the next installment.
I'll start a new one but I reread this last night and ended up more jacked than I already was :)

Watching weather daily like a hawk. Thursday I push from Denver to Vegas and weather has some snow in it so sweating that and planning accordingly.

I'm tired of negative temps and ready for tropical.

Reactions: RichG

RichG

Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
I'll start a new one but I reread this last night and ended up more jacked than I already was :)

Watching weather daily like a hawk. Thursday I push from Denver to Vegas and weather has some snow in it so sweating that and planning accordingly.

At least it will be a lot warmer down South. Be safe

DC61

Dec 28, 2011
Dana Point
Name
Paul L.
Boat
33’ Blackfin
I just reread your entire story. It brought back some wonderful memories. I can't wait to create more beginning 7 days from now. Looking forward to seeing you and Tammy. Let's get this adventure started!!

2454 big mike

Aug 31, 2015
Ramona
Name
Mike
Boat
Party crasher

The intrepid has been killing it recently. Now it’s your time for a cow

SemperFishing

Apr 26, 2007
Austin, TX
Name
Dave
Boat
Prefer Long Range or skiffs (great if combined!)
Just read this for the first time, as others have said: AWESOME writing. Looking forward to your next piece and hopefully a coveted Cow to add and write about. Don't scrimp on that rail time (I know you won't), I will attest as a one time noob myself.
Craig, please do the world a favor and add "publish a writing piece " to one of your life goals. Be it hunting, travel, life, or my selfish choice: Fishing, we would all benefit.
Good luck Dude!

Nebraska

Dec 20, 2016
Nebraska
Name
Craig Chamberlin
Boat
Intrepid
Thanks for the kind words. Blizzard coming here this weekend and I'm packing shorts... weird sensation. Never even considered writing something for publication in my life let alone penned something like the above before but long range had brought many goals to my life already outside of fishing.

Nebraska

Dec 20, 2016
Nebraska
Name
Craig Chamberlin
Boat
Intrepid
Thanks Jim. Wife and I are just putting together leaving a day early and heading west Tuesday after work so I can get through Colorado/Utah mountains before the next storm hits Thursday. They'll have roads clean by then and gives us more time in Vegas though :)

Reactions: Rodless_Jim