Tomictime

Crusty Old Salt
May 9, 2014
Poverty Bay & Carlsbad
Name
Jim
Boat
Boatless.....
great report, family memories the best. My last salmon trip w Mom and Dad together in same boat was a surface fly only Coho opener at NB.....memories etched forever !!!!

Your choice of flasher and spoon are fantastic !!!! Run that from AK all down BC and into OR w great results. I keep a dozen ready to go !!!!

good on ya and many, many more memories for you!!!!

Reactions: sgwill122
Upvote 0

Salmonmoocher

"Holding My Own Rod"
Sep 9, 2009
Puyallup, WA - USA
Name
Billy Bob
Boat
27' Grady White "Main Break Too", 17' Seaswirl CC "Salmonmoocher"
Ni Comment... There Needs to be More Hatchery Chinook to support ALL of Our Pursuit. Enjoy the “Rag” Coho fishing Killerz!

Upvote 0

Odin7

Doug Fir
Apr 19, 2008
The Sunshine State
Name
George
Boat
Soon
Saw a whale yesterday morning while fishing near a kelp bed. Heard it before I saw it. Fog had rolled in and it sounded like my son launching air biscuits, but since he wasn't with me, I knew it wasn't him.

And then, there it was, a few yards away.

Kings close tomorrow but there are plenty of other fish to chase, trails to hike and beautiful things to see.

Any kid who gets the chance to explore such a wild place so close to home is a lucky kid indeed.

Upvote 0

Olyfishin

Sep 2, 2018
Olympia
Name
Dave
Boat
20' Trophy
Yeah as I tell my two girls constantly is what they've gotten accustomed to as an annual experience to Sekiu and Neah Bay is seen by maybe 2% of the population. We live in a special place and while maybe there used to be more and bigger fish, it's still pretty fricken awesome!

Upvote 0

kallitype

big liar
Jun 29, 2010
Vashon WA
Name
TER ROTH
Boat
LIvingston 14, Hobie Adventure kayak
Terrific report, thanks. Great pics, too, that crab molt pic was super.

Reactions: sgwill122
Upvote 0

Swifty27

Oct 31, 2012
Pasco, WA
Name
Teddy
Boat
NA
Nice report. We had a nice, long weekend at Neah Bay. NB drama in full effect with moorage spots being taken, tight quarters moorage, floating crab ropes in port, 2:30 am cooler raiders, broken shower heads, and general camp antics. Of course, first thing Sunday morning, I get the opportunity to release a VERY nice king. Coho ranged from about 3 lbs to 6 lbs. I might have to head back when they're bigger.

Upvote 0

ACHEWTER

Jun 8, 2009
Snohomish
Name
Art
Boat
26 cruisers
heaven on earth once you get out to Wadah. I've had Neah in my blood sense 1981. Both my son and daughter spent a lot of time up at Snow creek. The boy ended up deck handing for Jambo and learned what work was. We made 4 trips this year for butts and kings. Hurt to see it close so early with fishing so good. First time in years I haven't got to fish the beaches for kings. the place is amazing....

Reactions: Team Sency
Upvote 0

Paul Marias

Hunting fishing, lovin every day
Oct 4, 2017
Idaho
Name
Paul
Boat
22 ft Alumaweld intruder
Great post...sgwill122!! So glad you dialed it in AND spent some time around the area. I knew you'd kill it!!

I've fished all over Alaska, WA, OR, CA...and some in BC... Neah Bay offers it all! It's why I've been fishing Neah for over 20 years.

Your trip to Neah and Zack's historical perspective is EXACTLY why we spend over 45 days per year at Neah.

Zack, I know you ran into my son.... he was having the same flashbacks; he use to come up and sleep on boat - wander the docks with me... catch countless seabass and lings... and kill salmon and Hali's... He left for college, then the Marines... 9 years ago and this is his first summer back.... He still loves it.

He's been replaced by his little sister who goes every trip... and yes, we still sleep on boat, cook on dock.... and use the crappy showers. Still the best on the west coast.

View attachment 1045165 View attachment 1045172
Reading old posts and doing a bunch of Research for my wife and my maiden voyage and probably lifelong love to Neah Bay. What is that in your right hand. I don't recognize that from the OR fishing we have done

Reactions: BugeaterInWa
Upvote 0

TooManyHobbies

The guy that makes the glass stuff
May 10, 2010
White trashville
Name
Garrett
Boat
21' SeaRay Laguna CC "Sea 'Scape"
It’s a copper rockfish, I believe. Just at a weird angle.

Reactions: BugeaterInWa
Upvote 0

Siv

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 8, 2008
Normandy Park Wa
Name
Dave
Boat
19' SeaSport
Not a cabezon, it is a copper rockfish.

Attachments

• CopperRockfish.jpg
    CopperRockfish.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 32
Upvote 0

Paul Marias

Hunting fishing, lovin every day
Oct 4, 2017
Idaho
Name
Paul
Boat
22 ft Alumaweld intruder
Yeah I was gonna say I've caught Cabys. Haven't found a copper yet. Looks delicious! Lol

Upvote 0