Seeking Kodak Moments
  • May 17, 2011
    Shelton, WA Mason
    www.sagecreekforums.com
    Name
    Greg Eastman
    Boat Name
    Kodak II - Arima SL 22
    Buddy Mike and I tried for Hali the third week in May- rough seas, S wind...... yuck. Left early.

Trying again Mike and I arrived there Weds evening, launched the boat and set up the truck camper in the Cape campground. We had a goal of catching Halibut, Lingcod, salmon and some rockfish.

Wishin and fishin..... many times not equal

Small craft advisory for the ocean areas the first day so we stayed in the Straits, caught some bottom fish, salmon and ling cod- no halibut.

Day two was better but we tried several spots before Mike caught a tennis racket sized halibut and more salmon. My set up was similar to his but the mojo was on the starboard side of the boat- not with me.

Judy and daughter were coming up Friday evening to fish Saturday and Sun AM so Mike took his fish and went home ( as they say ).

Judy had the hot rod Saturday and got a nice 17# salmon. The wind died down mid afternoon so we went about 15 miles off shore to an area we had done well in previous years. No halibut to be found in nearly 420' of water but I managed to land a 34" ling cod after a long reel up- she had the Tanecom.

We tried for salmon when back in the Strait and got back to the dock after sunset.

Sunday went salmonless and the ladies were happy to catch black rock bass in shallow water on light tackle until we had to go in to recover the boat and break camp.

We got home after dark. The boat took 49 gallons to fill up and the truck used a 32 gallon tank and a half of diesel. Not a cheap trip especially with the fuel prices but an enjoyable time overall.

I've spent a couple months installing a Garmin Reactor 40 auto helm and adding a AirWave seat suspension to the port side and 'comfy with arms' as requested. The helm control is great not only holding heading and tracking in cruise but will hold heading trolling with the kicker by using the main as a rudder ( not in strong crosswind ) Very impressed and got yesses from all. :)

N Kodak G M.jpg

N Ling.jpg

N G L.jpg

N J King.jpg

N king.jpg

N mike S.jpg

N SS.jpg

J Seat.jpg

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
    Sep 15, 2008
    Florida
    Name
    Good
    Boat Name
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Great pics. Some very nice groceries too!

Reactions: GregE
    Upvote 0

kwik_wurk

Apr 10, 2012
    Indianola & Browns Point
    Name
    kwik_wurk
    Boat Name
    Montauk, Sailfish 2360, and Johnson18
    Nicely done. Hali have been hit and miss for my boat as well; only consistent thing: crappy weather. Last weekend was bouncing around in some good east wind (not bad, just windy). — Dual helm for main; or is the Port station for the kicker?

Upvote 0

Nineball

Let’s goooo!
    Jul 16, 2012
    Port orchard
    Name
    Chris
    Boat Name
    Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
    You did better than I did Greg. Sorry about leaving my cooler on your dock at a20 lol. Would have been great to see you and Jay but I fished until dark Friday and Saturday

Upvote 0

Annihilation

Sep 13, 2020
    Olympic Peninsula
    Name
    Chad Smith
    Boat Name
    BW 255 Conquest
    Looks like halibut has been prettty damn good to some

Meanwhile
    We are limited to four per year and must run barbless. Fucking ridiculous, damn joke
    Makes me not give a damn about a few fillet and release per year

Upvote 0

GregE

Seeking Kodak Moments
  • May 17, 2011
    Shelton, WA Mason
    www.sagecreekforums.com
    Name
    Greg Eastman
    Boat Name
    Kodak II - Arima SL 22
    You did better than I did Greg. Sorry about leaving my cooler on your dock at a20 lol. Would have been great to see you and Jay but I fished until dark Friday and Saturday
    NIce to talk with you. Got back at last light Sat. Got home Sunday after dark.

Upvote 0

GregE

Seeking Kodak Moments
  • May 17, 2011
    Shelton, WA Mason
    www.sagecreekforums.com
    Name
    Greg Eastman
    Boat Name
    Kodak II - Arima SL 22
    Nicely done. Hali have been hit and miss for my boat as well; only consistent thing: crappy weather. Last weekend was bouncing around in some good east wind (not bad, just windy). — Dual helm for main; or is the Port station for the kicker?
    The previous owner put in a cable steer system for the kicker. I did a few mods to gain some dance floor space, added the AirWave suspension and the cushy seats with arms to make the Admiral happy.

Upvote 0