koopa

Arima Adventures
Feb 3, 2018
Puget sound
Name
Koopa
Boat
Arima
Thanks for the useful information. I have a tripped planned starting Monday. Should I still plan on area 5 chinook being open?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rjh20dog

Aug 17, 2012
Olympia, WA
Name
Randy
Boat
Northwest Compass 187
I have to apologize. Prior to reading this I had NO [email protected] IDEA the fish counters count “encounters” as part of the quota. If I had known, I obviously would have said none. That’s so ridiculous. Why are we so freaking careful with the barbless hooks, soft nets, nothing over the gunwale, etc. I told them I released about 8-10.
I’m SORRY!
And please share this info OFTEN, online and in person, for those of us that are unaware.

Upvote 0
Jul 19, 2016
Kingston
Name
Shain Heuer
Boat
Tiderunner 195 W/A
OK gang area 4&5 will again stay the same thru this weekend and we will have another call next Monday. Area 1 may close this weekend we have a call Thursday. Stay tuned. Cheers Dave
Any updates on area 4 & 5 Dave? Hoping to get up there one more time before they shut it down.

Upvote 0

TooManyHobbies

The guy that makes the glass stuff
May 10, 2010
White trashville
Name
Garrett
Boat
21' SeaRay Laguna CC "Sea 'Scape"
Regardless of A4&5, do you think that the quota from A3 will get reallocated elsewhere?

Also,

With the lack of pressure from Alaska and Canada we are obviously seeing an unexpected return. Any considerations given there?

Anyway, fishing has been great this summer. Hope it continues!
ThanksDave!

Reactions: TimeZoned
Upvote 0

Happy Daze

Grady Prick
May 17, 2011
Port Orchard Wa.
Name
Dave Johnson
Boat
24ft Grady White/16ft Moocher
Regardless of A4&5, do you think that the quota from A3 will get reallocated elsewhere?

Also,

With the lack of pressure from Alaska and Canada we are obviously seeing an unexpected return. Any considerations given there?

Anyway, fishing has been great this summer. Hope it continues!
ThanksDave!

Garrett the problem is the Ocean season is set by the Feds at NOF and can not be extended, as to the moving of quota yes we have been looking in to it. The problem is the small coho quota with a large return if Neah or La Push ports were open the season would have ended weeks ago. I would like to see area 3 stay open for the guys that can run down there during Hali days. Cheers

Upvote 0

TonyG

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
NR Seahawk OS 26'; 20' Alumaweld Super Vee Sled
If I catch a shaker, then I report it. Sometimes that shaker just follows the boat around getting caught over and over. I’ve never caught two shakers.
You are a better fisherman than me. I never seem to be able to connect with shakers. Ever. Nor birds.

Upvote 0