Offshore Navy Almost Sink my boat with a torpedo ( Video )

PENN

Hardcor

Hardcore
Jun 8, 2014
Hardcore
www.youtube.com
Name
Hardcore
Boat
Hardcore
I was heading in from fishing the lower nine mile bank with my brother and his son. The boat was 1 mile from the outside channel buoy when I see a helicopter kicking up water about 20 feet into the air and moving at a good pace. It looks like were heading at each other so I turn south out of his way. All of a sudden my brother yells submarine ! I slam the boat in neutral and we watch three orange torpedo's racing by us being dragged by the helicopter. If I did not put the boat in neutral it would have been head on. This is real. The Reel Brothers. If I did something wrong, My bad. In 55 years fishing out of this port I've never seen this.

20140713154902 (4).jpg

Upvote 0

Bottom Line

Village idiot
Jul 9, 2006
Warner Springs
Name
Steve
Boat
Invader CC - Bottom Line
Towing target drones for the sub to do sonar tests on - a lot goes on in the middle of the week navy-wise.

Reactions: Hardcor
Upvote 0

leadslinger

Ship of Fools
Dec 24, 2011
Cajon 619
Name
Adam
Boat
Mako 232 cc - Lead Slinger
You almost had a brand new boat courtesy of the Navy ,,,,

Upvote 0

Bondrvr

GOT A CUSTOM ROD FOR MY WIFE,,,,GREAT TRADE
Feb 12, 2010
Chula Vista
Name
mike
Boat
'99 Albemarle 280XF- Bubba Jean 28; Livingston LV-14 -BABY J
Good thing you didn't catch one of those, they are a CLOSED FISHERY.

Upvote 0

badpetedave

Aug 14, 2008
socal
Name
david
Boat
24 proline cc REEL DEAL
If u hit them they would probably say it was your fault u know its the government they do want they want

Reactions: 45king
Upvote 0

Hardcor

Hardcore
Jun 8, 2014
Hardcore
www.youtube.com
Name
Hardcore
Boat
Hardcore
I got a e-mail, This is what it said. They were retrieving one of training torpedo's (MK-30) doing what we call an OOTR (Open Ocean Torpedo Recovery) using a torpedo cage. We use the torpedo in training our SH-60F and MH-60R for their primary mission area of ASW
I can't say who gave me the E-mail I have a history with the Navy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tuna macker

Nov 18, 2008
Apple Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
ONO
Sunday evening coming back from the pens we saw a naval chopper towing some unknown.
There were also a couple of naval vessels in close proximity.
And we caught BFT.:D:D:D

Upvote 0

titan1953

Almost A Member
Sep 12, 2008
las Vegas
Name
Raul
Boat
Slots Of Fish
yup, doesn't surprise me. Often times I've been coming back from the islands and they have been involved in similar exercises that have made me nervous while the hover right over us. Cant they do this thing just bit further out and not right in the path of vessels returning to the harbor? just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

yep - experienced this before about 6 years ago. Thought I saw a tiny skiff in the distance but it turned out to be a para-scope breaking the surface. Spooky but glad they're on my side! Our troops are awesome!

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
it is possible they were tracking an unfriendly sub.... and at that point keeping the country safe was more important then stopping what they were doing to make sure your ass was safe....and then maybe not

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Best be careful what you wish for............CHAA-Chang!

Upvote 0