Bigpondonly

Bloodydecks Seafood Co.
Dec 7, 2003
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Parker 2120
Govt. in a nutshell...spend $5k cruising down and blowing it to kindling.....OR $200K for a full-on rescue with helos, cutters, medi-vac...etc for the poor bastards that hit it.

Reactions: bwilkins
Upvote 0

alex88

May 15, 2006
Oakland
Name
Alex
Boat
2003 Robalo R235
Govt. in a nutshell...spend $5k cruising down and blowing it to kindling.....OR $200K for a full-on rescue with helos, cutters, medi-vac...etc for the poor bastards that hit it.

As stated, it's in Mexico, I'm pretty sure there is just a little red tape with going and shooting at another vessel in another country's territorial waters. And it's full of foam, shooting holes in it isn't going to sink it, blow it up and you have 5,000 little pieces of foam that we are now responsible to clean up. Oh wait, it was full of fuel? that $5,000 just turned into a $500,000 environmental clean up. See why we aren't in a big rush to go get it?

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
Its a foam filled outrigger about (was) 20' long with about 1/3 of it broken off but still attached. You are not going to be able to sink it.

I called the CG from home and reported it's position....they did not seem too concerned....unfortunately. Maybe I should have told them about the large bales (I think I saw ;) ) tied to it..... LOL

We fished it on Saturday noonish. Saw some flashes under it, hoping for dorado, but but no biters.

That thing could ruin your day.

Upvote 0

jacknpole

Aug 25, 2012
l.beach
Name
jason
Boat
none
It was in Mexican water. Coast Guard only goes south for emergency or rescue, not to clean debris.

I think the us coast guard(united states) has lagislation with mexico that addresses these situations.
dont get me wrong about reporting it or not.
If you report it on ch 16 anyone driveing in that sector would have heard the #'s,hence no one hits it
we all monitor 16 at night i hope!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

OILAGER

Hecho en Estados Unidos
Apr 27, 2006
M Class Planet / Riverside
Name
Wayne
Boat
Grady White 228 Seafarer "GOTTA GET'M"
There's a lot of floating hazards out there that we'll never see. Unfortunately this one, due to its proximity to the best fishing that we've had in years, and the large number of PB's (some without much experience) cruising through the area, almost makes this a "Chicken Little" moment. Slow down and pay attention and the sky won't come falling down.

Coasties have better things to do than police up flotsam that's 15 miles offshore and not a hazard in a high traffic shipping lane, but if the thing does get caught in a screw of one of those tankers going through the area or gets wedged under a 16ft Glasspar tri-hull they will come to your aid if truly need it.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Doubt if it would show on radar,at least MY radar. If you have a powerful enough unit,possibly.
Never trust RADAR, it is just a backup to WATCHING your own path.
Sometimes radar is all you got.A few years ago in October we were coming back north in pea soup fog.We were still 40 mile from Pt loma.You could not see 5 feet in front of you.It was like we were in a submarine....just staring at the radar.SD bay was even socked in.Ill never forget that night.

Upvote 0

artafishall

Decorate a seal today!
Jun 16, 2004
Mattersville
Name
Ryan
Boat
20' Shamrock "Irish Jig"
Saw it on the 226 Thursday, no fish under it.

Upvote 0

fishinjones

Apr 9, 2007
Anaheim,CA
Name
Gordon
Boat
36 Wilson SF
Ya know what I worry about running at night ...........Hitting a drug running sub designed to run at or just under the surface, painted black or blue with non reflective coatings!!!
Even if it doesn't take the bottom out of your boat, (which it will) chances are there are crazy bastards aboard with AK's and RPG's that will want to take you apart for ruining their shipment, or try to board your vessel if theirs is sinking

Sure call me paranoid ....its only a mater of time

Upvote 0

skelly1

Jun 29, 2006
Ramona
Name
Steve
Boat
20' skipjack flybridge
Ya know what I worry about running at night ...........Hitting a drug running sub designed to run at or just under the surface, painted black or blue with non reflective coatings!!!
Even if it doesn't take the bottom out of your boat, (which it will) chances are there are crazy bastards aboard with AK's and RPG's that will want to take you apart for ruining their shipment, or try to board your vessel if theirs is sinking

Sure call me paranoid ....its only a mater of time
That's no bullshit. Paranoid or not you have your head on right. Shits going down.

Upvote 0

jacknpole

Aug 25, 2012
l.beach
Name
jason
Boat
none
Saw it on the 226 Thursday, no fish under it.

so in 2 days +/- its in us waters
btw reporting this at night might get the coast guard to issue a notice to mariners every 30 min on 16.......trust me some poor person is on watch in a office in san diego plugged in on the vhf

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    You're obviously a condescending jerk with your head up your ass!

So when you and your boyfriend "bondrv" call people out and rip on them its all good? but if someone calls either one of you on some of the crap you say, you get bent out of shape...

please get over yourselves!!!!

Upvote 0

Bondrvr

GOT A CUSTOM ROD FOR MY WIFE,,,,GREAT TRADE
    Feb 12, 2010
    Chula Vista
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    '99 Albemarle 280XF- Bubba Jean 28; Livingston LV-14 -BABY J
    You are still the largest fucking ASSHOLE ,EVER!
    So when you and your boyfriend "bondrv" call people out and rip on them its all good? but if someone calls either one of you on some of the crap you say, you get bent out of shape...

Upvote 0

Bondrvr

Feb 12, 2010
    Chula Vista
    Name
    mike
    Boat

I suppose you trust you low-end RADAR , withy your passengers and your lives.
    Good for you, glad I'll NEVER be aboard your boat!

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    I suppose you trust you low-end RADAR , withy your passengers and your lives.
    Good for you, glad I'll NEVER be aboard your boat!

NO!!!! I happen to agree with you, what I don't agree with, is how you and your Girlfriend go on the defensive and insult anyone that disagrees with you!!!!

Upvote 0

Bondrvr

Feb 12, 2010
    Chula Vista
    Name
    mike
    Boat

Glad to see your boyfriend (johnlgarrison)backing you up,

Upvote 0

jacknpole

Aug 25, 2012
    l.beach
    Name
    jason
    Boat
    none
    pan, pan,pan pan THIS IS U.S. bloody decks calling out a notice to thread reader guy theRE is a flameing thread on page 3 of bloodydeck website, all mariners are advised to avoid this page....BREAK U.S. bloodydecks station 18152 OUT

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    pan, pan,pan pan THIS IS U.S. bloody decks calling out a notice to thread reader guy theRE is a flameing thread on page 3 of bloodydeck website, all mariners are advised to avoid this page....BREAK U.S. bloodydecks station 18152 OUT

It started on page 2

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    Started on page 1, quote #12 posted by the condescending jerk to boost his own ego!

Yes, if I don't like what you say about my boyfriend, I'll call you on it!

BTW....it's Bondrvr!

Bondrvr,bendover same thing....

Upvote 0

Bondrvr

Feb 12, 2010
    Chula Vista
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    Bondrvr,bendover same thing....
    Have you no one on BD to converse with, you seem to always be in others business.
    PM your boyfriend , he still loves you.

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    Have you no one on BD to converse with, you seem to always be in others business.
    PM your boyfriend , he still loves you.

Hahaha!!! Mike your to easy to mess with. Don't take everything so seriously. Its just a web site and nothing on here will affect your daily life.

Just like you constantly call me a big asshole, I know I'm not so I just roll with the punches as should you! Im pretty sure your not a real jerk as you come accross but then again, I don't really know you.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.